“Worst hotel ever”

Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Flanders, New York, United States
“Worst hotel ever”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I booked this hotel for our family vacation, there were 7 of us traveling so we booked 2 rooms. After looking at the hotel photos (provided by them on their website) and the proximity to Hershey Park I chose this hotel.
This was hands down the oldest and dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in. Nothing like in the photos. The bathrooms were dirty and not completely operational ( shower heads spray all over the ceiling and walls) to the point that we didn't stand on the floor in the shower, we stood on washcloths to shower so our feet didn't touch the dirty tubs. The carpets were stained and not vacuumed once during our 3 night stay. My son's friend got a shock from plugging in his cell phone charger, the sinks didn't drain...nor did the tubs...the rooms were not cleaned just beds made. The list goes on and on which I will provide to upper management, but do your family a favor...stay somewhere else. On the bright side...DJ at the front desk was fantastic and was the ONLY bright spot of this hotel for us.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jzombro, General Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your patronage and taking the time to comment regarding your stay. I want to first apologize about your experience. I am equally disappointed that we did not exceed your expectations as we have a team commitment to ensure every guest has a positive experience. I am truly sorry that we fell so far from our mark. I will personally address your comments with the entire team. I have also sent you a private message in regards to your stay. I look forward to personally speaking with you soon. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Hughestown, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This hotel is a wonderful place to stay. We stayed for two nights. The service was great. All of the employees were friendly and very helpful. The rooms are large and they have big flat screen tvs. We were able to get coffee all day long which we really appreciated. The pool was great to be able to use over the hot weekend also!! They provide breakfast until 10am and it was great! There is a wide variety of breakfast items to choose from (I loved the blueberry muffins!! Yumm!) Simply put, our entire weekend was excellent. The location couldn't be better either!! Thanks for the great stay!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This property is ideally located a hop and a skip away from Hershey Park. Shuttle service is available to the park throughout the day and evening. Room was clean and the beds comfortable. Outdoor pool is heated and well maintained. Continental breakfast included a great variety of fresh pastries, fruit, yogurt, cereals, and waffles made on the spot. Staff was really friendly and attentive. Upon check out, Jenesis (at the front desk) took the time to help us coordinate a brief visit to Lancaster! Over all great experience, will be staying there again!

• Stayed August 2012
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We normally stay at the Heshey Lodge but its over priced and over rated. The biggest advantage was the free bus to the park. We had a great stay at this Best Western. The rooms were fine and they even include breakfast. Coffee was available for free all day and night. They do not offer free transportation to the park but it only cost $1.00 per person, can't beat that at all. No lines to park or trans to wait for. Stacy even called them to come for us and the 4 trips we made we were the only passengers, Again, Thank you Stacy for making our trip so pleasant. Rooms are clean, pool is really nice and the work out room has all new equipment. we will be back next time we visit the park!

Room Tip: Can't beat it for the price!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jzombro, General Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you for your kind words in regards to the hotel and Stacy. New this season is a local transportation company called Sweet Ride. I am happy that you used their services and found value.
Jackson, New Jersey
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I booked this hotel because of its location. I cannot believe how horrible this experience was. The room was old. The frost on the freezer was so thick you knew it was not cleaned out in a long time. I was not able to figure out the shower in the bathroom. The curtains had no privacy curtain and as a result I did not feel safe there. My 8 yr old daughter begged for us to just leave. So instead of getting a good nights sleep I felt safer to just leave and eat the cost of the room. I would NEVER stay there again. I only live 3 hrs away but wanted a place to stay after a full day in Hershey. I learned my lesson to never stay in a hotel of which I do not know the brand.

Room Tip: Don't stay on ground floor. No privacy curtain.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
jzombro, General Manager at The Milton Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you for your recent review. I apologize for the dissatisfaction you experienced during your recent visit. We have a defrosting schedule in place however with the high occupancy levels in the last few weeks we have not been able to get to all of them. I assure you this has been addressed with the team and as soon as occupancy levels permit we will resume our normal schedule. We do have white blackout shades in all sleeping rooms. The shades are located directly behind the sheers. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to improve.

Travelers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Lindenhurst, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We come from Lindenhurst New York and arrived here yesterday at 4:00 pm. We were greeted by "Brandi" at the front desk and found her to be extreamely informative, kind, and professional.
Her recomendation for dinner at "DUKE'S" bar & grill was the best. Food was Great, Price was right. When I went to make myself a cup of coffee before dinner Brandi was hanging up a sign
for the "Sweet Ride" shuttle to Hershey Park for ((( $1.00 ))) per person I decided we would not have to use the car for most of our stay. Parking at Hershey is $12.50 to $35.00 so that was a no brainer for us. When we came back from a wonderful day at Hershey Park, there was "Brandi" at the front once again, helping us with our activities for tomorrow. Again informative and curtious. Brandi should be commended for her work. Because of people like her and service like the sweet ride personel, we will be looking forward to returning next year, as well as enjoying the rest of our stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Best Western Inn Hershey. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that Brandi provided you with superior customer care. I will be sure she gets the recognition she deserves. Thanks again!
New York
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I rented two rooms for two nights for a short visit to Hershey Park. This hotel has a great pool and the folks working there are very nice (I'm looking at you, Chuck and Elke :- ). The rooms are nice and clean (there was no damage like that shown in some other user photos). The breakfast goes until 10:00 am and includes a lot of free stuff, like toast, bagels, oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, etc. All in all, we had a great stay.

Room Tip: Select a room in the "200" to be on the ground floor. We had rooms 217 and 219 (although...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out of your busy to day to write a review of the Best Western Inn Hershey. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.