“Great venue!”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great venue!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went to see a comedy show with another couple and had a great time.
We had a little trouble getting there but I blame GPS!
Lots of ample parking but there was a long wait to get out as there usually is when everyone leaves at the same time.
I would definitely go again if I had tickets to another comedy show or any show for that matter.

Visited June 2013

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Beautiful theatre, odd policies”
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

My daughter had a dance recital here in June. It is a beautiful theatre, and seeing my daughter on that big stage was certainly exciting! However, they have very strict and in my opinion unnecessary policies. The recital started at 7pm, but they wouldn't open the doors until almost 6:45. It was raining, and this left a very large line of parents (many, including myself, with young children) wrapped around the block and standing in the rain for a very long time. It also caused this large mass of people to push and shove their way in to get seated in time when they did finally open the doors. On top of that, we were not allowed to bring in any outside drinks, not even a bottle of water (which was frustrating to say the least, as it was a very hot day and we stood in line a long time.) There was a small concession stand with water and soda for $3 a pop, and candy bars for a whopping $5. However, even if you were willing to pay sporting event prices for refreshments at a child's dance recital, you didn't have time to stop since they gave you so little time to get in and find seating. The usher at the front door was also a bit abrasive when we entered the building to use the restroom before dropping my daughter off back stage, barking at us for using the "wrong door". A little over the top for a 5 year olds dance recital, but I guess they are strict in their policies!

Visited June 2013
Ewing, New Jersey
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC!!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The staff here is exceptional. They couldn't have been more attentive and knowledgeable. They must LOVE their jobs! The building is magnificent. The sound quality in there is great. just GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visited August 2013
Philadelphia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Went to see the Wiggles”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We loved the style and architecture of the old theater. Mr. Hershey went all out building this place! The seats were big, soft and comfortable. We will be back to see other shows in the future!

Visited August 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Broadway in Hershey, can't beat a 10 minute drive”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I don't remember being at the Hershey Theatre before I saw Mary Poppins there and I have to say that though the show is separate, thus not considered part of the theatre, the atmosphere is very cozy. The decor is a well deserved gothic revival style with elements of an Italian villa, my guess was popular in the 1940s. It's a smaller theatre, but the seat are very comfortable and every seat has a prime view of the action on stage. Well worth the price and the drive to get here.

Visited January 2013