“Call First - make sure they aren't hosting an event!”

Antique Automobile Club of America Museum
Ranked #2 of 34 things to do in Hershey
Richlands, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Call First - make sure they aren't hosting an event!”
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Went to the museum on Sunday, February 20, 2011. The place was packed but I didn't realize why until I got in...the museum was hosting a bridal show...tons of tables set up and A TON of brides to be (and some bored grooms to be) everywhere...We were offered reduced admission of $7 because the only vehicles not obstructed by tables were the Shelby cars on display. Since we came to see the Shelby's we decided to go ahead and pay the $14. The Shelby exhibit was awesome but I was bummed that I didn't get to see any of the other cars. But, I will be back so I can make another trip over...but I will call first! I can tell it is a very nice car museum...

Visited February 2011

Burlington, Vermont
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 228 helpful votes
“Nice place for a trip down memory lane”
Reviewed April 11, 2010

My husband and I visited the museum with my parents and had a great time. For my parents, it was a trip down memory lane. It was fun to look at all of the antique cars and have my father saying who owned this one and who let him ride in that one as a kid. He pointed out vehicles my grandparents had owned at one point or another. It was fun for them and for us. The collection they have on display is quite extensive and beautifull. I would definitely recommend this musuem to automobile enthusists or people like my parents who remember when these vehicles were standard transportation.

1 Thank squashirt1
Hamilton ON
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Very rare automobiles, buses and motorcycles beautifully displayed.”
Reviewed November 1, 2009

The museum is an excellent addition to a trip to Hershey but may not be of interest to children. Count on spending 2- 2.5 hours to view all 3 levels and possibly watch a video if one is being shown. We watched an excellent video on Packard automobiles. The displays are themed for each time period and the cars, buses, and motorcycles are beautifully presented. The museum website is quite good and lists a number of the vehicles in the collection. The website accurately depicts what you will see. Do chat up any of the volunteers who are on site as the have lots of additional bits of info. on each exhibit. As a car guy, I was in seventh heaven, but my wife also found the displays to be enjoyable and was very impressed with the quality of the exhibits as well.

1 Thank RetETFO
Pittsburg Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place to visit”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We enjoyed the layout of the museum the cars were great. The only thing was that you couldn't see in the buses.

1 Thank rthompson87
Tampa, Florida
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“An amazing museum on the history of autos”
Reviewed May 27, 2009

There are three floors of cars and trucks at the AACA Museum. The collection begins with early horseless carriages, and continues through to more recent vehicles. Along with the autos, there are many other related historical items.

On the main floor, the autos are put in large scale diaramas, with additional items making a great backdrop. On the lower floor, the exhibits change every so often.

Boundaries between walkways and vehicles are minimal, so be careful not to let kids wander in and touch the vehicles.