“GREAT AUTO MUSEUM”

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“GREAT AUTO MUSEUM”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Great museum.Good variety of cars, & motorcycles. Also the displays around the cars. Good place to visit if you are in the area. Very clean, well kept. Lots of history. If you can't rate this museum above average: #1. you are not a car guy, #2. your mode of transporation is a buggy. Most of the people you see inside are all volunteers. I know, cause at one time I was one.

Visited October 2012

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice & beautiful cars & artifacts!”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I had the opportunity to be a vendor at the wedding show and then also look around at the beautiful cars! Nicely done and informative!!

Visited February 2012
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Very impressed”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great collection of antique cars. Grand-kids enjoyed kids area where they could get in a couple cars and watch trains and build toy cars and car tracks. Also, nice train room with 'conductor' running toy trains. Had some very rare cars in excellent condition. Definitely worth a stop.

Suffern, New York
169 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“FABULOUS!”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

If you like antique cars, buses, the history of these vehicles, nostalgia, and miniature trains, this is a must-see museum! My 14 year old son loved the trains and that they had snuck in a 2013 car, and found the fact that the old fashioned diner within, was the model for all McDonald restaurants, to be fascinating. I loved everything, and was impressed with the knowledge of the workers, particularly of one, and that the museum is a Smithsonian affiliate. The layout of the entry level was very nice. I would have liked to have spent a little more time there, and watching some of the old movies. I suggest that you allow at least 2 hours. One cannot climb on the vehicles, but they're fun to look at anyway, and there's lots of stuff to learn and to see! I would definitely go back!

Newville, Pennsylvania
141 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 177 helpful votes
“Great Museum Which Covers A Wide Span of Time”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Okay so I guess you could call me a car guy and yes I did enjoy this but I felt it had some cars on display that were too modern and either do not have a claim to fame yet or not a great one. I typically like the old cars.

There are numerous special displays that I found interesting and the holiday theme was excellent and helped to get me close to being out of my Ba Humbug mood.

I really liked the bus display downstairs and what I would call cycle cars and the motorcycles. The thing that really blew me away though was the Valentine Diner which was made in Wichita, Kansas and is not common here on the East Coast which is where all the large diner manufacturers were located. The Valentine Diner was made to seat very few people and there typically were not booths.

If your near the area and have the time this is well worth the visit.