“Decent hotel close to Hershey Park”

Quality Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Baltimore, MD
“Decent hotel close to Hershey Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2007

Typical Quality Inn - very clean, small but efficient rooms, and continental breakfast included. Staff was accomodating and very pleasant. Rates are way too high but it's nice to be that close to the Park. I would rent this place again with confidence.

• Liked — Proximity to Hershey Park
  • Disliked — WAY overpriced for a Quality Inn
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PokrChick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2007

The hotel is about 1.5 miles from the Hershey amusement park. Its proximity is the reason why they can get away with a rather extreme price.

The walls are paper-thin, and the floors feel and sound like plywood--one should expect to hear lots of noise. The breakfast area is very inadequate--kids were sitting on the floor eating. Empty tables--yes I saw an empty table for a few minutes--littered with garbage and food. The rooms are clean--but I wonder how long they will stay that way, as most people brought their breakfasts back to their rooms to eat, for lack of space.

• Liked — convenient location
  • Disliked — inadequate breakfast area
  • Stayed June 2007
2 Thank DavidMR
fair lawn nj
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2007

stayed at the Quality Inn and suites on Apr 26th. The man manager there was really rude. They turned the water off in the hotel for a few hour. Asked if we could have some bottled water said no. Saw them handing out some to staff. Also the pool was closed in the evening. All lights off and everything. We swam in the afternoon and water was cold. Would never stay in this hotel again

3 Thank jmsmdssms

Travelers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2007

I stayed at this hotel with my two daughters ages 5 and 7. The property appears to be relatively new or recently renovated. The lower level is unfinished with only a small game room and a very small indoor pool . The rooms are small but clean and attractive.

My complaint was noise. I was in room 112 next to the elevator shaft on one side and another room on the other. Sometime around 9:30 a large family moved into the next room and I could hear every word they uttered. They were not a quiet bunch. The noise was so bad it woke both of my sleeping daughters, one of which is hearing impaired! After much ruckus, I banged on the wall hoping they would get the messege. After nearly an hour of frustration I contacted the front desk. The GM, Mr. Patel, told me "you can call them"! I informed him that I didn't rent them the room and that was his responsibility. I don't think anything was done by the hotel because the noise persisted until at least 11:30. I was very disappointed with the way the entire incident was handled. Paper thin walls make for a terrible nights sleep at this inn. Mom and the girls were dragging at Hershey Park the next day. If you must stay here, don't forget to bring your earplugs!

• Liked — relatively clean
  • Disliked — Noise and the managers reluctance to resolve the issue.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank tk3346
Cincinnati, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2007

I found a coupon to this hotel in a travel coupon booklet I picked up at a rest area at the state line. It was advertised as a new hotel and the price was very resonable. When I got there the price I was actually offered was more than advertised, even though I had the coupon. When I stated I would just to go elsewhere, I was called back and told that the "Deluxe" breakfast bar made all the difference. There were maybe 3 cars in the parking lot at the time. For $10 more than the coupon rate I decided to stay. It looked like a clean, new hotel. I got 2 rooms and while although they were somewhat small, they did appear clean. The pool was small and much of the downstairs where the pool was is unfinished. When we had plumbing issues in one of the rooms we were offered a new room immediately and moved. The water pressure in both of the rooms was very low and taking a shower was a challenge. The "deluxe" breakfast was basically just cereals, juice, bagels, toast and hard cooked eggs. It was fine but certainly not "deluxe". It seemed like one person was trying to do everything (front desk, breakfast bar etc.) When I checked out I was asked "Were the beds comfortable?" to that I had to answer yes.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank teachms
Stanhope, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2006

Stayed at this hotel to go to Hershey for Candylane 2006. I too was a little concerned about picking a place that was so new and had no reviews and was pleasently surprised at how good this location was.

First off, if you show up with 5 star hotel expectations you'll be sadly disappointed. This is a soild low to mid cost property.

The rooms are decent size but not too small. Nice to have the frig. and micro. Nice use of marble in the bathroom makes it feel like a upscale hotel. Very handy feature is the built-in night-lite in the handle of the wall mounted hair dryer.

Breakfast stuff is as mentioned in other review and more then met our expactations.

Nit-picky stuff: Flat-screen TV is a poor gimick that is unfocused and hard to watch. Water pressure is lacking and sound travels right through the walls.

Mr. Patel, the GM was very willing to accommidate our requests and was on-site for our entire stay.

I would recommend that you request 3rd. floor and as far away from the elevator as possible. The elevator has a very loud chime every time the door opens.

We will happliy return to this hotel next time we're in the area.

• Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
6 Thank mayormcneilly
WESTERN PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2006

stayed one night in Hershey prior to state cross country championships. Found new hotel on internet that had no prior reviews so I was a little nervous..... but since it was new,
I figured that it would be clean (and quiet) - my biggest requirements when traveling. front desk staff was friendly and helpful - one small problem w/ room keys was fixed very quickly. pool was small, but VERY warm (that is good, considering other places we've stayed I went looking for my skates). bkfst selection was small, but adequate - coffee, juice, milk, bagels, bread (and toaster), hard boiled eggs, bananas, yogurt. Rooms were small, but ok for quick overnight trip - refrig in room. Beds were very firm and comfy. My wife commented on the fact that there was actually GOOD water pressure in the shower.
If we are fortunate enough to qualify for states again next year, this is where we will be staying.

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Disliked — small rooms
  • Tips/Secrets — book early and keep checking prices - price changed 3 times in 6 week period i was watching it
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family