“The only salvation was I didn't pay for it.”

Quality Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Warren
“The only salvation was I didn't pay for it.”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The outside of the hotel was clean the day I checked in there was a conference for High School kids. They put me on the ground floor so I would be away from the noise but that didn't work. There was an odor and the pool area and weight room was musty with an unpleasant smell. I was there for the week for business and when I arrived the room didn't seem as clean as I would have expected. I found garbage in places that looked as if they were placed there on purpose and not found by hotel staff. The third day I came back to the room late after a long day and I just wanted to relax and the room was not cleaned. It was after 6pm and it was as if I just left it. There was no cleaning staff on duty and the after desk worker was kind enough to change the towels. I don’t believe the sheets had been changed the whole time I was there and there were many unhappy people yelling at the front desk people. I went to get something at the front desk and overheard someone getting a room on a Wednesday night, for one night with an empty hotel and they charged her $156 for a room. I wish I would have seen that room because that's not the one I stayed in. If it wasn’t for one or two of the desk workers I would be saying a lot more. Oh and don’t get excited about the hockey puck eggs that were still frozen in the middle, the rubber sausage and mess of hash crap that they microwave in the back room, it's not worth it. I also watch a young girl spit out the curdled milk they were serving. The only thing that seemed good were the waffles but those are hard to screw up when you take the ingredients out of the package and set them out. I was also advised by a fellow Colleague who was staying at the same place that the manager threw a fit and screamed at her when she tried to get the set rate we were told we would get. The manager is very unprofessional and had to understand when he is screaming.
I will be staying clear of this place when I return there are many other hotels in the area just reserve early and be picky.

Room Tip: Dont stay here if your looking for a deal and bring your own cleaning supplies.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Anthony C
ushmacpatel, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, April 22, 2014

Property CHI
CM
717-583-5151

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Shawinigan, Canada
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stopped at your place for the 3rd time this year. It is very clean and the mattress was very confortable. On our way back to Florida we like to go to Hershey World. You accept the coupon and it is well appreciated. The breakfast is the best we had compared to all other motels.

Room Tip: If you want very quiet room, it's Wise to go on the second floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Kind Regards,

Property CHI
CM
717-583-5151
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Came in after midnight after dropping my son at Hershey Lodge for a conference (too bad they didn't have a room available for me!) The maintenance man, who spoke very little English, was at the front desk and would not honor my travel coupon. ("The owner doesn't like to use coupons."...Then why allow your hotel to have a listing under travelcoupons?) He said we would settle the charge in the morning. The morning couldn't come soon enough. The body odor/mildew smell in my entire room, and most especially in the sheets, was disgusting and gave me the dry heaves the few hours I tried to sleep. I didn't want to even use the bathroom in the morning and left as soon as the sun came up. Tried to check out, but the same maintenance man said the owner was not around to decide what to charge me. Had to leave quickly, as I was getting ill just being in the lobby. Stay away!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
6 Thank Marilynn61
ushmacpatel, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, April 10, 2014

Quality Inn & SUites

Travelers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

My son & I enjoyed our 2 day stay at your hotel while we were visiting Hershey Chocolate World. We were in the two room king bedroom suite w jacuzzi, that was very relaxing for my bad back. It was everything we wanted. The lukewarm water @ the indoor pool was very nice just right for this time of year. Waffles for breakfast were great. The staff was very nice and friendly especially Luis was very helpful with answering any question I had. Would definitely stay here again. Was just what I expected & more.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Amy H
ushmacpatel, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, April 10, 2014

Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 13, 2014

We stayed here when attending a concert at the Giant Center in Hershey. It is about a 2 minute drive to the arena and about a 5 minute drive to Hershey Park. It is an excellent location! The room was large with a king bed. It was very clean! Bonus at this hotel is the free wifi and the free hot breakfast.

The gentleman at the front desk was very nice and welcoming! He provided great information on where we could find dinner that evening. It was a nice and clean place and we plan on returning for another stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank themadzins
ushmacpatel, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Please come next year.
Hummelstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 6, 2014

My car broke down in front of this hotel and I needed assistance. I went into the hotel and asked to use their phone. Luis, at the front desk allowed me to use the phone and told me that I could stay there until help arrived. He was very friendly and even made me a cup of tea. The hotel is very nice and with staff as friendly as he was I would recommend this hotel!!! A+

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
ushmacpatel, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel was clean and friendly staff. Would definitely come back soon. Had a great experience and I Loved the location. It was close to everything. I am going to recommend this to a friend and family members

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
ushmacpatel, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Kelly M.