“Good time in Hershey at Quality Inn & Suites”

Quality Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #21 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Very Nice and clean Hotel & Friendly Staff Member.
GM at the Hotel is very nice man, and his front desk employee is also very nice. Very help full for anything you like to do in Hershey area. If you like to buy tickets to go Hershey Park, they have a tickets at very low price. You save time and money. Not only that but This Hotel is only 1 mile from Hershey Park. Hot Breakfast was very nice.

Room Tip: If like to have a quieeter room ask for high floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Mr. MC, manager and owner, is a nice and cordial person.
Pool water was not well maintained, could not use it.
Most of the game machines in the game room were out of service, lost couple $$.
Very nearby to the Hershey Park.
Break fast was good.
It is a 2 star hotel, overall service was better than expected.

Room Tip: Mr MC gave me a better price...so call before booking online.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank T S
Reviewed May 31, 2012

attending a state athletic event as a coach.. a parent had earlier booked two rooms..after contacting them on 5/25(the day of the competition) I asked if they would book a third room, could we get a better rate.. understanding also that the Quality Inn quarentee of lowest available rate with an internet booking... after some negotiations we agree on a rate of $139.99, I was under the assumption all three rooms would be the same and told them to place ALL three rooms on my credit card.. signed off and thought it was done..checking out the next day, I reviewed the bill and two of the rooms(that the parent booked_ were charged at the higher rate and on his credit card. My name and address was not on any bill, not even the one my credit card was charged and I had signed for... Upon asking why the rooms were not on my card and why the different rate..I tried to explain to the manager ..he told me that because it was the internet booking and there was nothing he could do..I asked to get a new bill in my name and address so I have a receipt and since I had already checked out there was nothing he could do.. I asked to please mail me a corrected bill, It is Thursday and I am still waiting...and when I pushed the issue asked him to check with the other desk people, etc..Eventually I was called a "cheater" by the manager and repeatedly told I was cheating and doing something illegal..all this occuring in the hotel lobby.. The Manager's level of rudeness and unprofessional manner in dealing with me was something in all my years of traveling with family, teams, schools and other groups was not only embarrasing but bordered on harrasment..you get the picture... I have now also waited four days for quality inn customer service to respond back to me(they are supposed to respond in up to 72 hours)..there were other unpleasant issues as well.. I will not be going back to this hotel and would not recommend it ..D. L..

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank coach2012
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Room was enjoyable; however, the bathroom remained too hot even hours after a shower. Had to prop open the door when not in use.
Breakfast was not enjoyable - we skipped it the 2nd morning and went to Sheetz. The coffee was the worst I've ever tasted, the cream cheese for the bagels was powdery, the juice tasted metallic.
I would return here again but would consider other options first.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 28, 2012

For starters the quality inn in Hershey PA stunk of mold in the basement all the recreational activities were in the basement (pool, game room, exercise room, etc.) and my daughter couldnt go in the basement due to mold the on the first day when I ate breakfast two of my kids couldnt eat the breakfast.there was also only a few hot choices every day and selection never changes.the room was supposed to be acessible but there was no bars in the bathroom.

Room Tip: Dont stay here
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Neysa C
Reviewed May 28, 2012

While on vacation we stopped on a Monday evening at this hotel. We found everything to be clean and well kept. Since it was the Monday before Memorial day I think everyone was waiting for the holiday to travel because I believe we were the only couple there. We were very pleasantly surprised with the continental breakfast. Since we were the only ones there we expected a very limited offering but they put out a very nice selection of hot and fresh food to chose from. Zero complaints about our stay, would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jim D
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel. Our first comment was that the hotel room was clean. When we walked in you could smell immediately the pool chlorine. Not really unpleasant but very noticable. One of the very perplexing smells we did note was the smell of old cigarette smoke. It is very well posted that this is a non smoking hotel so we thought that it must be the parking lot. However when we went to the pool we heard voices and a strong smell of smoke coming from what must have been the staff quarters on the bottom floor.

The room was dated, 2 queen beds, microwave on top of a small refrig as promised. The room was clean.
We were very surprised to see that the Quality inn is now posting signs in the rooms noting the cost for each washcloth and towel if not present at check out. In addition on the sign, there is a$10 fee for the sign with prices if not present at checkout. It indicates that these items will automatically be charged to your account if not present at checkout and that you agree. Excessively soiled towels will also be charged to account. Only can think that they must have had a bad experience, but it really took away from overall ambience (which didn't have tons to start).
Breakfast was available at 7 am and not a minute before. There were 3 cereals, powdered donuts, muffins, english muffins and bread for toast. There was also a wafflemaker. The cooked eggs were shaped like discs indicating that they must be microwaved. The sausage tasked rubbery. What bothered me was a refrigerator with old and bruised apples, a bowl of hard boiled eggs, and butter and peanut butter scooped into little plastic containers. The plastic containers were obviously hand packaged and not dated. It was unappetizing not knowing how or when they were prepared. I hope that there are some health laws against this, especially after walking past the smoking staff quarters downstairs.

Overall, it was a place to stay. If I was coming in off the highway could bear it, but not as a base for a family trip. There are other hotels that are cheaper and could not be worse thant his one. All of the Hershey hotels are in close vicinity to the attractions so this was not worth the extra $. There are no restaurants closer to this hotel than the others, an excellent ice cream shop is across the street.

Window on main road and did here traffic and noise from parking lot.

We are not a picky family but came away slightly grossed out. If you are particular to detail the Quality Inn chain may not be the one for you.

Room Tip: Noise heard from road in rooms. Breakfast tasted "damp" think was just old.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family