“One word: YUMMY!”

Dining options: Reservations
North Easton, Massachusetts
“One word: YUMMY!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The food was so good! Our group of 5 all found something that we liked and the wait staff were amazing! The Chocolate raspberry vinagrette and Chocolate BBQ sauce are awesome as well as the Pina Cocolada! :) The teens and the 6 year old with us ate so good they didn't really have room for dessert! That sums it up right there!!!

Visited August 2013

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Sorry it wasn't better”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The drinks are fine. I really wanted to try the chocolate martini, but couldn't do it at $12, so I had a vanilla vodka & Pepsi and a bottle of Troegs (two drinks for the price of one martini).

I shared an appetizer of potato chips with cheese, scallions, and bacon with my husband. These were pretty good.

The rest of my lunch, not so much. I remember from a past visit that their "grilled chicken" is more of a ground up, pressed together chicken product than real slices of chicken (yuck), so I wanted to avoid anything with chicken, and I'm pretty particular about burgers, so I decided to avoid those as well. I ended up ordering the veggie pizza flatbread... so gross. The crackery pre-made crust was the only good thing. Sauce wasn't very good, and there was too much of it, so, no avoiding the taste. I guess I expected there to be vegetables that you would normally find on a pizza on top of it (i.e. peppers, onions, fresh tomatoes, mushrooms. etc.), but not so! It had squash (which was the best topping), broccoli (dried out/burnt - would have been better if it had been slightly cooked or steamed first in stead of raw broccoli on top), and the worst - raw baby carrots (they looked all dried out/burnt after being in the oven). So unappetizing! I would take my chances with the food in the park next time -- I'm certain they have better veggie pizza!!

Kids' meals were okay: my son had spaghetti and french fries and my daughter had a deli sandwich and apple sauce. I asked for corn with no butter for my 10 month old who can't have dairy. The corn came out in oil instead. I'm glad they listened to the no butter request, but it was greasy and gross, would have preferred if the corn had just been cooked in water than greasy oil!

It was my second visit, and IF there is a third, I'll probably just get potato chips and beer!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank LisaSecula
Canton, Ohio
“Good Food, Good Time, Good Value”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Affordable food in a family friendly environment. We really enjoyed eating our lunch here. It is an indoor restaurant, with many of your favorite "Candy Bars" hanging out to eat lunch with your family. We even had desert. The Hershey's character's loved posing for pictures with our family as well.

Visited July 2013
“Suprisingly Good!!”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Just a few steps outside the gates of the park, we found this small but vibrant place to have food that goes great lengths above and beyond any standard amusement park fare. My family of 6 had the Chocolate BBQ burger, which was outstanding. The fries were really good and the desserts, Reece's Cup Pie was delicious! The restaurant was small but clean, quiet and air conditioned. We had incredible service from one of the friendliest people we met on this trip. If you go, ask for Nick!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Fourandthedog
Knoxville, TN
“Great Characters, OK Food”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We did the Breakfast at the Park with the Hershey characters (Hershey, Reese, and Kiss) on a recent trip to Hersheypark. The big draws for this breakfast are the characters and the early entry to the park after breakfast is over. The character interaction was very good as there were not a lot of people there for the breakfast and the restaurant is not very large. The other performers that attend the breakfast with the characters really get into their roles and make sure that everyone from kids to adults is having a good time. The 4/5 rating that I have given is due to the characters, entertainment, and service. The food would be a low 3/5 or possibly high 2/5 based on quality, variety, and value.

The breakfast itself was just ok. There were very few options on the buffet, including homestyle potatoes, mini chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, eggs, cereals, fruit, and just a couple of other items. The pancakes and bacon were delicious, but there definitely needs to be a lot more variety. It is very reminiscent of a good free breakfast at a decent hotel instead of a buffet costing nearly $30.

If you want some quality time with the characters and nice entertainment at breakfast (and to get into the park an hour early when you are not staying at a Hershey-run hotel), then this is a good choice. However, if you want a good breakfast buffet with plenty of high quality options, then you would be better off elsewhere.

• Visited July 2013

Been to HersheyPark Place? Share your experiences!