Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We stayed for 1 night in a suite. It had 2 beds plus a semi-separate living room with pull-out sofa. Plenty of room for a family of 4. Every employee we meet was professional and nice. Breakfast was ok but it is free not wasn't looking for great. Close to the attractions. Pool is kinda small . There were 5 kids in there when my daughter went and I can't imagine too many more in there but she enjoyed it. We would stay here again in the future. Only negative thing was when we opened the sofa bed, there was an old sheet still on there. Glad I opened it and caught it instead of my teenager who would have just got in.,Called the front desk and they sent up new bedding for it.

Room Tip: I don't think any of the rooms have a great view so it doesn't matter.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
molly_troutman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Thank you for your great response. I am so sorry to hear about the sofa bed sheets, I do apologize for that inconvenience. I am happy to hear that our staff took care of it right away for you. I sure hope that if you are ever in the Hershey area again, that you choose to come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We were greeted upon arrival by a very warm and professional woman at the front desk. We learned that this was the standard for everyone on the staff we saw during our six day visit from Dec. 11-16. The hotel is new and one of only two Fairfield properties in the USA with this design. Our room had a king bed with a separate sitting and/or working area. The ONLY drawback was a very small closet, but overall the room was perfect for us. Breakfast featured both hot and cold items as can be found in other establishments, but the sitting area was immaculate and included a large central table used by groups as well as booths and tables. The room was used by guests bringing their own take-in food on a number of occasions, but we never saw any sign of trash or spills. Our room was very quiet, with no noise from rooms above or beside ours. Location is adjacent to a resident area in the city, making it free of traffic noise as well. Yet the major street is just two blocks away, making this a very convenient location.There were two television sets in our room, although most who visit Hershey will find other ways to remain occupied. At the time of our stay, the price was very reasonable, being only a small premium over several other acceptable but less outstanding properties where we have stayed previously. The difference is worth every penny. Even as the property slowly ages, the quality of the staff will make it a special place if the current standard is maintained. We were warmly greeted every time we passed the front desk and made to feel very welcome. Following an overnight ice storm, the front desk people even provided use of a better ice scraper to clear help clear my windshield.

Room Tip: Given the location there is no need to worry about street noise or special views. There are several...
1  Thank TomHustad

Thank you so much for such great feedback! Our staff is what sets us apart from other hotels. We try to make sure we provide service that will make you want to return! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. If there is anything else we can do for you please let me know, and we sure hope that if you come back to visit the "Sweetest Place on Earth" that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

we usually stay at hotel hershey twice a year for buisness but needed a nice place to stay while in hershey for xmas activities. the fairfield had good reviews and was just opened in april.we found the lobby warm and welcoming. room was clean and new with comfy bed,large shower and nice desk tv set up. right off chocolate ave within 5 min of all hershey activities.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank ofdevils

Thank you for your review! I am glad you tried us out for your Holiday Vacation to Hersheypark. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. When you come back to Hershey please come back and stay with us again. We would love to have you:)

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed here Wednesday through Saturday over Thanksgiving. Very close to Hershey, lived the location. The breakfast was okay, but the hot portion, scrambled eggs and sausage is the same every day. Would have prefered some variety. The pool was okay for the kids, its small, but worked out fine. Wish it was slightly warmer, but it wasn't freezing. The room was okay. Stayed in a two bed executive suite on the first floor. It was mostly quiet, however there was a kid running around in the room above us part of the stay, but hearing the footsteps is to be expected. I wish Marriott would call these rooms just bigger rooms, instead of suites. When I hear suites, I think there is a door seperating the bedroom from the rest of the hotel room.

The pool was lacking enough towels, twice there were no towels, but I just went into the exercise room and swiped towels from there. The hotel also ran out of toilet paper. When I asked the maid for a roll, she said the hotel was all out, and she gave me half a roll from someone elses room. While I am very happy that she was able to fix the issue, it seems very cheap to do something like that.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Christopher C

Thank you for your response, I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your visit. I will let you know however, I have put your response into action when it comes to breakfast. We now serve, bacon, sausage, and sausage gravy and biscuits. I can understand that after a few days of the same items, it would get a little old. As for the lack of supplies this was a one time issue and is not something that happens on a regular basis. I sure hope that you will give us another chance and when you are back in the area you will come stay with us!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Went to Hershey with the family for the weekend. Didn't want to stay at one of the Hershey hotels so we chose Fairfield Inn. We are very happy we did. Rooms and general area very clean. Very nice breakfast buffet. Free coffee available during the day. Very close to all attractions and easy to get in and out of. If we go back to Hershey we would absolutely consider Fairfield again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
molly_troutman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful response! We are glad to hear that you chose the Fairfield and that you will consider us again for your next visit to the Sweetest Place on Earth! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and our proximity to all the local attractions. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Molly

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Marriott is always our choice of hotel no matter where we travel. So when planning a trip to Hershey it was easy to choose a place to stay. The hotel is very nice. There were 2 concerns which I have ever encountered before during any marriott stays though. The people above us were running, jumping and how knows what else they were doing above our heads throughout the entire night. I went to the front desk and was told the hotel was sold out and I could not be moved but they would take care of the problem. After returning from dinner I assumed the problem would be taken care of but the noise was still there at 9:30 in the evening. So I called the front desk and was told it would be taken care of. Again that did not happen. Very disappointed. Also the second problem was the heat. The air conditioner felt like it was on all night even after turning the thermostat up.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your response. We are pleased to hear that you are loyal Marriott Customers. We are sorry to hear that your neighbors above you were quite noisy and it bothered you. I can assure you that our guest service agents do everything they can to make sure every guest is satisfied while they are here. As for the heat situation, I will have our chief engineer take a look at this, as it should be comfortable in the room to where you would like it. Thanks for bringing these issue to our attention and I will make sure to handle them right away.

Molly

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We found the Fairfield Inn to be pretty much the standard Fairfield Inn. It was clean and had a very nice atmosphere. The pool and workout center would meet the needs of most people. Our favorite feature was the location. It was near all Hershey attractions and a variety of restaurants. The breakfast area had a very friendly attendant and the food was hot with a clean serving area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sdownhow
molly_troutman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for your response. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like our hotel fit your needs of being close to the Hershey attractions as well as restaurants. I am glad that you found our rooms clean and fresh and our service great, our staff does pride ourselves on these features! We hope that you will choose to stay with us again if you are ever back in the Hershey area.

Molly Troutman

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#2 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue? Share your experiences!