“Great stay/ one problem”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
ky
“Great stay/ one problem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn for three nights in Oct 2013. We received a upgrade for joining Marriott Rewards. Room was large ,very modern color palette perfect for 3 quest. Spotless! Beds very comfortable even the hide -a-bed sofa was comfy.
The breakfast was standard, area spotless and the staff very gracious and helpful.
Upon check in, we were greeted with smiles & the news of an upgrade.. I booked the room on line for a decent price, upon checkout at 6:30 Am the bill was $30 more per night.
The AM clerk was a bit condescending and said that was the rate for an upgrade. I explained to him I did not request an upgrade ,but was given one for being a new member of the rewards program.
I showed the clerk my printed on line reservation at the lower rate.The A:M manager was not on duty, The clerk said he would pass along the information and the manager would call. Checked out on Wens. received a e-mail Friday. The bill was corrected.
We will stay here again . I will always print my online reservations and take them with me. I requested a quiet room away from the elevator and I am glad I did. They put us at the end of the hall , We had 3 fantastic nights sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevator. Print out online reservations.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
molly_troutman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for your response. I do apologize for your billing issue, but I am glad I was able to correct it quickly for you. Overall, I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will come back to visit us soon. If there is anything else we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact us.

Molly Troutman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hebrew first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

I'm getting a little tired of the pretentious gold-star, super-duper elite member reviews that paint an unimpressed picture of great hotels - just because you signed up to be special members of some travel club doesn't make you royalty and better than everyone else.

That being said, this was my first Fairfield Inn experience and I was very pleased. Lobby is immaculate, very modern furniture and decorations. Nice pool and gym next to the lobby. I shared an executive suite (2 queen beds and a sofabed) with four other adults. Can't say how comfy or not the sofabed was since I slept on one of the queen beds. My bed was extremely comfortable and featured fluffy pillows and soft sheets. Bedroom had modern decorations. Bathroom had new appliances and a very lovely shower head.

The next morning, I went down to the lobby and I was greeted with the best buffet breakfast I have ever eaten in a standard hotel. This hotel did a great job with the breakfast spread. The scrambled eggs looked and tasted like scrambled eggs. The sausage (which is normally a gamble with most hotels) looked, smelled and tasted like heaven. Muffins, bagels, waffle maker, good coffee, juice and to top it off they had sriracha on hand for the spice lovers out there.

Everything about this place was clean, the breakfast was bangarang and it is just minutes from Hershey Park - my friends and I walked there. I am definitely staying here the next time I visit Hershey.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderfully detailed response. I really don't think I could describe our amenities better myself. I am very happy to hear that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us. It is really great to hear when a guest gets to experience all of the amenities a hotel has to offer and provides us with feedback as it helps us grow and learn what we do well and what we need to work on. Thank you again for your response and I look forward to seeing you again soon on a future stay!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend with our family for a group trip to Hershey Park. The hotel is clean and very accommodating. Free breakfast was great with lots of options. Very short drive to the park. Definitely recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. It sounds like you were able to experience our complimentary hot continental breakfast, I do hope that you were able to experience the rest of our amenities as well. We look forward to future stays with you and if there is anything else we can do to assist you please let us know.

Wayne, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Immaculately clean, friendly staff. Great location less than five minutes from Hershey Park. The pool is indoors and small but did the trick after a long day at the park...no hot tub though. Over all, however, will definitely stay again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful response. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and that you felt our hotel was very clean and that we provided great service. We strive to make sure all of our guests are happy when they stay at the Fairfield and all their needs are met. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, and we hope to see you again soon during a future stay!

Kannapolis, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed overnight here on a recent trip to New England to see the fall foliage. This is a new hotel and is located in a quiet, residential area, but close to town. We were greeted by Johanna when we arrived. She was very pleasant and engaging. We felt right at home. The room was extremely clean and the beds comfortable. The bathroom was a good size. Breakfast was the usual fare of cereals, bread, fruit, etc. They also had some hot items, but we did not try these. There is a large dining area. Our overall experience was excellent.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dniv67
Thank you for your response! We are happy that you chose our hotel on your way to New England. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as your continued travels. The fall foliage is quite beautiful up there this time of year! If you are ever passing through again, please stop in to see us and stay, we would love to have you as one of our guests again!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Not much to say other than this hotel is fairly new and a typical Fairfield. It's right in Hershey so be prepared for many families and children. Front staff was very nice, recognized me as rewards and gave me an upgrade to a suite which was nice. Comfy beds, new rooms, overall a good stay.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Novakat93
Thank you for your response! We encourage feedback as it helps us determine how we are doing as a hotel. I am glad to hear that our staff welcomed you to the hotel and acknowledged your Marriott Elite status. We do have a lot of families staying with us on the weekends since we are right down the street from the many attractions Hershey has to offer. We do hope that you will stay with us again soon!

MIAMI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

Lady at front desk was very helpful and gave us a list of restaurant suggestions.
Hotel is close to all major Hershey attractions. Comforters on beds are thicker and more substantial than the usual thin Fairfield linens... a real plus !
Breakfast area is spacious and food selections were good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MIAMISHEILA
Thank you for your response. I am glad to hear to that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our front desk agents love to talk about the local area, whether it be a great place to eat or somewhere nice to shop they have suggestions for you. Marriott did upgrade their bedding package this year and I am pleased with it as well. We hope if you are ever back in the Hershey area again that you choose to stay with us as we would love to have you as our guest!

Molly Troutman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Howard Johnson Inn Hershey
Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
Hilton Garden Inn Hershey
#2 of 4 in Hummelstown

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue? Share your experiences!