“Great place to stay!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My family and I spent the weekend here. The hotel is new. The room was very clean and spacious. Our room had two queen beds and a fold out sofa which was nice. It's hard to find a place that fits 5 comfortably without paying for 2 rooms. We were extremely comfortable. There were two TVs and and ipod dock. The staff was pleasant and helpful. There were computers to use in the lobby and a very delicious meal (hot and cold) was set out in the AM. The clildren loved making there own waffles. A staff member was there to help. Coffee and tea were offered throughout the day. The pool was small, but no one was in it but my girls, so they enjoyed it. It was reasonably priced. It is about 5 minutes from Hershey Park and the outlets. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
molly_troutman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for your response! I am happy to hear that we met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay here with us. We try to accommodate all of our guest needs. You are correct in that fact that we are brand new, we just opened in April 2013 and we are the newest Fairfield Inn Marriott has to offer. If you are ever in the Hershey area again we hope that you will stay with us as we would love to have you as our guest again!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I am a Marriot gold elite member. As such, I expect a room labeled king executive suite to mean what it means in other Fairfields, a room with a separate bedroom from the living room which sleeps one on a sofabed. I specifically look for this type of room and book it often as it gives my teen age soon his privacy as well as giving us ours . What I got was a small room with a king sized in half the room , part of a wall coming up about 4ft separating half the length of the room from the other half which housed the sofa. All this did was make a small room smaller. We could not watch two different TV's without hearing both. The pool was a glorified bathtub. It did not get deeper than 4ft and seemed to be a three foot square. There was not even a Jacuzzi. We could have , and considered staying in a Springhill suite room to have one big room . We would have had a better pool and a Jacuzzi. We were disappointed not to have a pool to swim laps in and relax in at the end of the day. I will say that the breakfast staff aimed to please. Thank you , Johanna and Mary. The room could have been cleaner. I found a hair on the floor in the bathroom.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your response. As you experienced we are a studio suite property. I do apologize that this was not what you expected upon arrival. I am glad to hear that our breakfast staff's service met your expectations, we do aim to please every guest. We hope that even though you experienced some issues with your stay that you will surely give us another chance to make it right when visiting the Hershey area again.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was my first time staying at this hotel. Check-in was fast, my room was nice and clean. The bathroom was one of the nicest I have ever seen at any Marriott. Clean and really large for this type of hotel. My only complaint was the breakfast food. I stay at Marriot almost exclusively so I am used to the hotel's breakfast food but I thought the food here was a little bland. Other than that you can't beat the location (right off of Route 422) and nice rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Noemi M
molly_troutman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thank you for your response. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize about breakfast and I will certainly bring that up to our Food and Beverage Team. If you are ever back in the Hershey area, we hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is a brand new Fairfield Inn, less than a year old and in a perfect loction for all things Hershey. I had a two bedded room on the fifth floor (top floor) the first night and couldn't sleep due to an ongoing loud hum...coming from who knows where. However the second night before "turning in" I called the front desk and they told me they had had similar complaints....seems like a generator on the roof makes that noise. I was quickly moved to a different room on the fourth floor and all was quiet. Wished I had said something the first night! lobby and breakfast area are beautiful as was the room. Indoor pool only and a small fitness room. Breakfast was great and front desk staff friendly. No complaints here..

Room Tip: stay away from top floor due to a pesky generator noise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank eliedoll
molly_troutman, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for your response. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that we were able to make arrangements for you to move rooms so that the humming noise would not mean missed sleep. This unit on the roof is for our exhaust fans in all of our bathrooms in the building. We are working with the company who installed the unit to see if we can make this quieter so that it is not an ongoing issue. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. Place is new and well decorated. Rooms are quite big and well furnished. Breakfast is typical american style. Only comment I have that there is no variation in the breakfast. Everyday it is scrambled eggs and pork sausage. Gets a bit boring if you are staying for multiple nights. Location is OK, little bit on the side and hence need to drive (very short) for food and shops.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your response! We love that you think it is great for business trips as that is what the new Fairfield Inn targets! Thank you for the suggestion on breakfast, I will take a look to see if there are any other breakfast options that we are allowed to offer. We hope when you are back in the area that you choose to stay with us again! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night for work. Hotel is brand new w/ modern spacious comfortable rooms. Beds were very comfy and breakfast was tasty with plenty of options. Free wifi. Has a pool and exercise room. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013

Glad to hear we were able to meet the needs of your overnight accomodations! We aim to please each and every guest that stays with us. Our rooms are quite spacious escpecially the Executive King and Queen Suites. Thank you again for your response and we look forward to seeing you again real soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed here to be close to Hershey Convention Center. King room very roomy and comfortable bed. Front desk staff very friendly and helpful. Issues were no whirlpool as advertised. Not impressed with tv lineup. We chose to eat breakfast in room to be able to watch church service, became difficult to do as hotel has no trays available for diners. Really, this is a new hotel and should know what travelers like. Especially for a Marriott. Also, the eggs and sausage were not very good. But still a nice property and would stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your response! We are sorry we were not able to meet all your needs. We are glad that you still enjoyed your stay even though you had a few inconveniences . I will check the website again on the whirlpool as it should not be on there that we have one, thank you for bringing that to my attention. If you are back in the Hershey area, please give us a call we would love to have you as our guest again!

Molly

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#2 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue? Share your experiences!