“Great location, slow service”

Red Robin America's Gourmet Burgers and Spirits
Ranked #23 of 84 Restaurants in Hershey
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Stephens City, Virginia
“Great location, slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We've been to various Red Robin's many times before. This one was nothing exceptional. Location was fantastic, right next to Hershey Park. Service was slow and our order got jumbled a bit - I was missing fries, they forgot to bring our soup. If you are looking for somewhere to eat, this will do the job but don't expect anything special.

Midlothian, Virginia
“Just down the road from HersheyPark, expect crowds”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We've eaten at Red Robin before, and usually expect crowds. This one in Hershey seats a lot of people, and while the lot was full of cars, we got in around 6:15 on a Monday evening...but the line formed after that. It took 15 minutes for someone to wait on us, but he was pleasant. This restaurant uses the new touch screen device on each table to help you order drinks, appetizers, etc., and pay the bill at the end. The latter was all it was good for. The waiter handled everything else. They want you to use the device to play games and music, for a fee of course. Yea right. Food was no different than other RR restaurants, but expect slow service due to the always busy state this restaurant is in. Our young daughter had the kids mac and cheese (Kraft, not homemade). I had Clucks and fries and my wife had the chicken BBQ sandwich. She had the best meal at the table, by far. I think the touch screen device for ordering food is a lousy idea, unless they use it to replace wait staff entirely. Otherwise, it is just confusing figuring out what it can or can't do. I've had far better experiences at other RR restaurants. I think the staff is just too burned out at this location. They all looked exhausted.

Matawan, New Jersey, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

We had never been to a red robin before, but a friend had recommended it so we decided to stop there for lunch. The burgers were excellent. Very family friendly. They recently added computer tablets to each table. This made ordering and calling the waitress over so easy and fun! The games cost 1.99 to play, so we didn't do that. We did use the tablet to pay our bill. It was fast and easy and we had the receipt emailed to us for our records. I was very impressed with everything (food service and environment).

Visited August 2013
Hopewell, New Jersey
“Good Food for the Young Crowd”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had never been to a Red Robin before our recent trip to Hershey, PA. Apparently, most of my family has to been Red Robin and once they found out there was one nearby, there was no doubt where we would be eating after we left the park. They raved about it all day!

A bit of advice to the potential customer as this restaurant is located across the street from Hersheypark and the Hersheypark Stadium and Star Pavillion. This place is busy! And, if you happen to arrive 2 hours before JT appears at the pavilion, the place is impenetrable. Check the event schedule in advance and be prepared to sit in traffic, muddle through log jams and wait.

When we arrived we were told it would be a one-hour wait for our party of nine. The eantrance area was packed to capacity and finding the correct person to be added to the wait list was a chore. I moved right past the hostess with the iPad holding the door opened and walked up to the main counter, only to be curtly redirected back to the front door. The iPad hostess took our name and cell phone number and a message instantly appeared on the cell phone indicating we had been added to the lengthy wait list. To the credit of the establishment, they were actually able to set us in 45 minutes.

Upon review of the menu, the place appears to be a glorified burger joint with scads of glitzy cocktails. It was quickly apparent that the primary target demographic of Red Robin is significantly younger than some 50 year-olds with 7 teenagers in tow. In fact, I was quite amused when one overdressed young lady refused to be seated next to us because we were ruining her JT pre-concert vibe.

The menus were colorful, but limited. We ordered some combo appetizers to appease the hungry children while we waited for our meals. The women and teens ordered watermelon lemonade which was the beverage hit of the evening and actually quite refreshing. Most of the crew ordered different variations of hamburgers which I was told were delicious. The chicken fingers were not as well received. I ordered a BBQ chicken wrap which was very tasty.

I found the Red Robin experience a bit pretentious, along with the clientele but hey, I’m almost 50 and the days of slamming down signature cocktails along with gourmet burgers are long behind me.

$160 for nine with tip, no alcohol.

1 Thank Hunt201
Warren PA
“A must-stop every time we come”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Awesome burgers and sandwiches, great service, unlimited ranch fries and cold beverages. Friendly staff. We just like Red Robin!

Visited April 2013