“Yuck!”

Dining options: Late Night
Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Yuck!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I've been visiting Hershey every summer since I was a child - it's a town that has that easygoing, relaxing atmosphere and the faint, delightful smell of chocolate.

The Bears Den at the Hershey Lodge should be renamed "The Kid's Den." Granted, Hershey is a place for families to spend their vacations, but I wouldn't categorize this restaurant as a true sports bar.

I was seated at a table for two against a wall in a corner - a wall that looked like someone had puked up french fries three hours prior to my visit. Minutes later, free popcorn arrived, and I was instantly excited. Because, who doesn't love popcorn?

My excitement went downhill when I ordered a chocolate buzz martini, complete with a small fly floating in between the chocolate sauce. To my dismay, I noticed it after I had already drank some, so the waitress brushed it off as nothing, only offering to replenish the amount that I had already finished. She didn't seem fazed by my discovery - she brought me some Hershey kisses to take home with me to ease my pain.

Also, if I had closed my eyes while eating the fish & chips, I would have thought I was eating chicken fingers. Great place for families, but dine elsewhere if you are an adult.

Ewing, New Jersey
“Family oriented Sports Bar”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Located right off the main lobby of the Hershey Lodge, this sports bar has plenty of screens to watch different games on. The menu is decent although the caesar salad was skimpy on dressing. This is definitely a place to bring kids and relax after a long day visiting the Hershey area attractions. It is located next to the gift shop which made for some convenient shopping while we waited for a table - wait was not long. The service was really good and our waitress paid attention to the children in our party and didn't just ignore them (always a plus). So catch a game, a drink, and unwind with the kids before settling in for the night.

Boston, Massachusetts
“If this is the best they have...A lot to be desired.”
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Been here before a couple times. Didn't like it then same feeling now. Only the atmosphere is neat. It's in Hershey lodge. They use chocolate in some of the dishes! Cool!! You'd think?! Not always. The menu is limited at best. And what they have doesn't taste good. It's not a clean place. Always busy though!! Maybe that's why? Too bad. Lots of workers. Free popcorn when you wait. Kids like that. Chocolate beer. I didn't have any but I hear its good? So, it's worth going to. Maybe getting an appetizer. Choose wisely. They don't come to the table like they sound on paper. Entrees are a miss like the kids menu. The cole slaw is gross! Pricy for offerings.

Wheeling, IL
“Good”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Took our group of 18 with no issue. Service was good. Food was pretty tasty. I would return. Prices are incredibly reasonable for a hotel restaurant.

Visited August 2013
Maplewood, New Jersey
“Good sports bar in the Hershey Lodge”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Located at the Hershey Lodge. Typical sports bar food, great pizza and burgers, plus quick service. Try the chocolate beer.

Visited October 2012