“Good choice if staying at the Hershey Lodge”
Review of Bears Den

Bears Den
Ranked #19 of 89 Restaurants in Hershey
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Description: For families, sports fans, and guests of all ages, The Bears' Den offers a fun hockey-rink atmosphere modeled after the hometown team, the Hershey Bears. Enjoy classic American fare, 28 HD TVs, and an enormous 7' x 12' HD video wall tuned in to all the sports action. Attire is resort casual and reservations are not accepted. Plus, all guests receive complimentary valet parking when dining with us! *Open daily until 1 AM. Kitchen closes at 12 AM.
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We were staying at the Hershey Lodge over the Thanksgiving weekend so dinner at Bear's Den seemed most convenient. The wait was reasonable for a Friday night (about 40 minutes or so), so we took the pager provided and wandered around the gift shop next door to kill some time. Before we knew it, our pager was lit up and it was our turn to be seated. First let me start by saying this is a sports bar- and if you didn't know it you soon will after you walk in. There is a huge tv behind the bar showing the game (I suppose whatever game is playing at the time- this time it was college football). We were seated at a booth which also had a tv in it showing the football game. The menu is pretty standard bar fare- buffalo wings, burgers, etc. My daughter and I shared the mozzarella sticks appetizer while my hubby and son shared the wings. Both were fine- nothing spectacular but good just the same. For entree, I had the reuben- it had both turkey and corned beef on it. The turkey was a little dry for my liking. My son had the philly cheesesteak sub- it seemed a bit small for the price of $12, but he ate it and said it tasted fine. My daughter had the kid's mac and cheese. Again, it was fine but nothing to write home about. Now here is where the Bear's Den really shined- my hubby had a burger. It was the best burger we have had in a while- juicy, flavorful, huge 1/2 pound yummy burger. We passed it around the table so everyone could try a bite- wow! It was that good! Next I tried the chocolate covered cherry martini (I figured since we were in Hershey, I should have something made with chocolate- LOL!). It was so yummy- and I am not normally a martini drinker! Getting to keep the Hershey Lodge martini glass was an added bonus.

Of course, our meal was expensive, but it seemed everything at the Lodge was a bit inflated as far as price went. We expected as much when we decided to eat at there and not go offsite so we weren't shocked by the total bill, which including tip was about $115.

I would recommend eating here if you are looking for something convenient if staying at the Lodge and would like bar type food. Plus I bet the overall atmosphere would be really fun if there was a big game on (maybe Ravens vs. Steelers). Food was good, service was good, price a bit high but expected. There are better places if you want to venture outside of the lodge; but if you want to stay close, Bear's Den is a great choice.

Reviewed October 29, 2011

The Bear's Den is located in The Hershey Lodge. It is a sports bar theme, named for the Hershey Bears hockey team. It has a nice lunch menu, reasonably priced, nice variety of items. I had the half-sandwich and soup lunch, it was excellent and under $10.00. Service is pretty quick. Recommend eating here if you are at the Lodge for a conference, but get there early for lunch as it does fill up quickly when a conference event is in progress. I would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We went there as part of resturant week. Adult meals were ok and nothing to brag about. The kids meal was way over priced. $7 hotdog. Ripoff. Will not go back.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Stayed at the Hershey Lodge for 3 days in August. Ate at the Bear's Den a couple of times during my stay with my kids. Loved going there for a late nite snack with my kids after being in the park all day. The Philly Cheesesteak is excellent and they give you free popcorn while you wait for your food. Our waiter was so friendly and gave us refills of our drinks to take back to our room. Love the Bear's Den!!!

Reviewed July 24, 2011

Everytime we visit Hershey we try to fit in a visit to the Bear's Den. After visiting the park or someother tourist attratction, we find that this is the perfect place to relax. This is not the place to come for a fine dinner, but it is a great place for a sandwich or some appetizers and a drink or two. There kids meals are decent and my son loves that there are usual several games (whatever the sports season) on the many televisions.