“excellent choice for dinner”
Review of What If of Hershey

What If of Hershey
Reserve with OpenTable
What If of Hershey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 84 Restaurants in Hershey
Cuisines: American, International, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Main Street Hershey
Dallas, Texas
“excellent choice for dinner”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I stayed at HoJo, so What If was the first choice for me to go for dinner, and it really was very nice, everything taste fresh - nothing like freeze and thaw in other restaurants

Visited September 2012

Newtown, Pennsylvania
“What If...we didn't find this yummy restaurant?”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I first experienced What If restaurant on E Chocolate Ave. and Main St. in Hershey a few years ago. We were refered there by the innkeeper at a local B & B/farm in which we were staying. What If is deceiving upon arrival. It is located on a Howard Johnsons establishment. You go thruough the doors and down the stairs. What If we didn't know to do that? We would have missed out on an excellent dining experience! We enjoyed our dinners enough to bring friends there on our most recent visit, September, 2012.

Both times we thoroughly enjoyed our evening. Our meals were creative in their combinations and presented with flair by a most attentive server. The chef utilizes fresh, local ingredients. There is no problem if you wish to change combinations in your entree.They offer an extensive and delicious martini menu. The desserts are made "from scrtach" and in-house, which is always a plus with us.

What If reminds me of entering a speak-easy or lounge. There are interesting prints, decor and collectibles throughout the restaurant and a color scheme of red and black. The bathroom was clean (another plus).

The combination of What If restaurant and Hershey Gardens Butterfly House made our trip well worth the 2 hour drive.

• Visited September 2012
Middletown, New Jersey
“Did not like anything :(”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I really had such high hopes for this place after reading the reviews, sadly I have nothing good to say. I ordered a Mediterranean pasta that literally tasted like it was a beef broth soup! I couldn't even eat it. My little one had popcorn shrimp that was awful & my mom had a filet mignon that was terribly dry ;( I must say that they were very willing to give us something else, but we opted out. I never thought we were picky, but this just wasn't very tasty.

• Visited August 2012
3 Thank Leezanne
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
“What If - Hershey, PA”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Excellent food, service. High quality, nicely presented. Priced well for the quality of food. Cozy setting.

• Visited August 2012
Camden
“Nice surprise!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Went to Hershey, PA for a wedding and had no idea where to go and of course looked to Trip Advisor. What If stood out to us b/c it received great reviews and seemed a little "off the beaten path." Well, that it is! Went with my husband, mother-in-law, sister-in-law & fiance and we all loved it. The fact that it's at the bottom of the Howard Johnson's just adds to its charm! Once you walk down the stairs, you are pleasantly surprised by the ambiance. It is very cozy -- a little dark and chic. It has a nice bar while you wait for your table. It had a great menu, so much so that my husband took forever to make up his mind. Everything we ordered was delicious. The mussels and crab dip were our favorite appetizers. We had the Veal Saltimbuca (sp?), Chicken Parm, Veal Marsala, the Filet and crab cakes. All fantastic! Generous portions...we were stuffed, but still made room for dessert. The presentation of desserts was fun. Dave the musician made our night, sounds quirky I know, but again, added to the charm of the restaurant! It was the perfect evening, fun, great atmosphere and amazing food.

• Visited September 2012

Been to What If of Hershey? Share your experiences!