“Bizarre”

Your Place
Ranked #57 of 84 Restaurants in Hershey
Cuisines: Pizza, Pub, American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Annville, Pennsylvania
“Bizarre”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

My mother-in-law was attending a conference at the convention center. We don't live too far away, and we were going to meet her in Hershey for lunch. We originally wanted to go to The Hershey Grill, but the wait was too long and she needed to be back by a certain time. Since this place was nearby, we decided to try it. As soon as we walked in, I would have liked to have walked right back out. It reminded me more like a cheap diner than a sports bar. I ordered the BLT wrap from the menu, which was alright. (It's hard to screw up a BLT, though.) My husband and mother-in-law ate from the buffet. There wasn't much of a selection on the buffet, and it reminded me of college cafeteria quality. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great either. I'm glad I ordered from the menu. Our service wasn't slow, as other people have mentioned, but it was very awkward. We stayed a little while after we were finished eating to talk. Our waiter kept coming up to us and asking if we needed anything else, even though we had already paid. It was as if he was trying to get us to leave (even though it wasn't full of people). The only plus side to this place was it was casual enough for us to take our infant son, and it was actually his first restaurant experience. Good thing he won't remember it...

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank rvanorden

Pennsylvania, United States
“I guess they stay in business by luring in visitors”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

It's been a couple of years since we went there. We went with four adults and a nine year old relatively early in the evening, It was not busy.
All we ever got was our drinks. After 35 or 40 minutes, we left, still waiting for an appetizer and all the meals. Meanwhile, people who were seated after us were ready to pay their check. The only good thing, the manager comped the drinks (two beers and 3 sodas).
When I lived on the west shore, I used to go to the Carlisle Pike location all the time, never a problem.
But no one seems to care. I sent an email to their corporate office and never even got the courtosy of a response.

• Visited November 2012
Hagerstown
“Bad Food, S-L-O-W service! Go somewhere else!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stopped at this restuarant located beside the Hershey Lodge on a visit to Hershey. The outside of the restaurant was appealing. It advertised the usual sports bar/restaurant features including access to view the NFL games. The guys were anxious to catch up on the football games and have some wings before heading back home. The inside was unusual for a sports bar, no sports type decor, only one NFL game playing, and very quiet. The menu included the common food we expected though. We ordered wings, buffalo chicken dip, chicken fingers, and a stomboli. It took 40 minutes to get our buffalo chicken dip and chips. The waitress was completely absent from view from the time she brought our drinks until the LONG 40 minutes to get our appetizer. If we weren't SO hungry, we would have simply left. After another 10 minutes our food finally arrived. By then everyone was anxiously awaiting it. The stomboli, which was their "specialty" was greasy and stuffed with cheese and small slivers of ham lunchmeat. No flavor and very lousy. The wings were the same way, unflavorable and blah. The only item that was decent was the chicken fingers. We couldn't understand why all the food was so UNFLAVORFUL. The wings were the dry seasoning style, but no flavor at all. The chicken dip appetizer tasted like something from a can. We were SO disappointed because there are so many wonderful choices in the Hershey area to eat. We sadly enough picked one of the worst restaurants we have ever been to anywhere. The service was far from good and the food was even worse. Paying the bill was difficult because it was pricey and we all left hungry!! Don't make the mistake we did, go someplace else.

• Visited September 2013
Philadelphia, PA
“Save your money...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

"Your Place" is terrible. We were the first to arrive for a group gathering and the hostess told us the waiter wouldn't be able to get to us for a while. It took about 15 minutes for everyone to arrive...still no service. When the waiter arrived, we put in orders for 3 pitchers of beer (all the same beer, mind you) and several non-alcoholic drinks. Waiting....waiting....waiting. I think they were brewing the beer! Same problem when we ordered the food. My husband and I got the Monday special-2 mini 'bolis' (strombolis) for $7.25. The only option was cold cuts inside. First, I have never heard of putting cold cuts inside of a stromboli. I have also never been to a restaurant where you didn't have several options-like cheese alone, meatball, sausage-whatever. The ham had mustard on it! Seriously. It didn't seem like anyone else was overly thrilled about their meals. There are no circumstances that could convince me to try this place again.

• Visited June 2013
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Quite acceptable if you don't mind having music BLASTED at you ...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I agree with the post about the wings that are on the Wednesday night buffet ... they are not of the same quality of the wings you would order off of the menu.

And the post about the burgers being horrible ... my thoughts exactly! Save some money and go to Wendy's!

And the consistency of the pizza and stromboli's on the weekday lunch buffet is hit - and - miss. Somedays it's good ... while other days the cheese on the pizzas are burned and blackened, same with the stromboli crust.

My suggestion is to never go here on a day when you're going to be getting a table and having Andrea as your server. The only people she has the time of day for is the people sitting at the bar getting alcohol. Especially the guys ... flirting with them and gushing all over them like there's no tomorrow! It's not my fault I rarely drink in public. The other day I had to deal with her and while I got my iced tea within a reasonable amount of time, it took this stupid incompetent 26 minutes to come back and see if I wanted to order any food. And other times it can take at least that long for some of the "servers" to offer a refill. Newsflash: totally unacceptable for someone who needs to take insulin. And if you leave little - to - no tip for her or any of the others due to their ignorance, then YOU'RE THE ONE that's outtla line!

And what's with the music being played SO LOUD that it's practically impossible to have a conversation with anybody who may be sitting at the same table with you ... or if you need to make a phone call. Their president and CEO (Bill Shuey) is a total pinhead about this ... he INSISTS that the volume level be turned way up to "7" when the owners only want it to be at a "4."

The only reason why I gave this location 2 points instead of 1 is because of the one manager whose name is Tabitha. She's an angel and will do whatever she can to make your visit enjoyable :-)

• Visited June 2013