“Corner bar with decent food and cold beer”
Review of Parkside Hotel

Parkside Hotel
Ranked #34 of 84 Restaurants in Hershey
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Parkside Hotel is a family owned and operated bar and grill that has been serving Hershey, Pennsylvania for over 30 years. Our location is your one stop for food, drinks, and fun. Bring the family after a day at Hershey Park or stop by after work for a cold draft beer. We are a non-smoking venue but we have outdoor seating available for those who may need to step outside. Our bar comfortably holds 20 patrons with 10 additional tables to seat 30, plus additional seating in our outside deck area. For your enjoyment, the Parkside Hotel features a Bose surround sound speaker system complete with a TouchTunes jukebox and 5 large flatscreen TVs to watch your favorite events. We are conveniently located directly across the street from Hershey Park and Zoo America. For those coming from out of town and visiting Hershey Park, stop by for a few hours to unwind at Parkside Hotel then return to Hershey Park at your leisure. We would love to share our Hershey stories with you-stop by and say Hello!
Harrisburg, PA
“Corner bar with decent food and cold beer”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

If you are looking for ambience or a family diner, keep driving. If you want a cold beer and a good burger to go with it, this is the place. Nothing fancy here, just simple food done well with efficient service. It is a refreshing change of pace from the other touristy type places in town.

• Visited September 2012

Palmyra, Pennsylvania
“It's all about the food and price”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

I have been here twice in the last month. I did not feel unwelcome; in fact no one else in the place even looked twice at us. That being said, this isn’t Applebee’s and there isn’t some pretty hostess at the door with a smile waiting to seat you. My wife and I liked our first visit so much we went back with our daughter and my in-laws. This is a bar, so I would not take the family there any later than dinner time. The food was great and reasonably priced. And I loved their wings! Plus they had Troegs on tap. The only downside is having to walk through the smoking section out in front of the restaurant to get to the front door.

• Visited August 2012
hershey pa
“Not welcoming, food average”
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

We are locals and wanted to try this place out. As soon as we walked in we felt as if we wernt welcome. It was an odd atmosphere. I am a biker myself and it is a biker bar but I still felt like its a place that only certain people are welcomed. Food was terrible so it didnt bother us not to go back ever again

Hershey, Pennsylvania
“A bit of Americana next to Hersheypark”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Although I've lived in the area all my life, I never ventured in to Parkside. It has the aura of a biker bar, so I never tried it...until the offer of steamed clams drew my husband to its doors. Parking is a challenge - it's limited, and on one of the main arteries leading to the Park. The outside eating seemed fun - Hersheypark is right across the street, providing lots of interesting sights. That area was filled, so we went inside.
The bar could be anywhere in America - Montana, Oregon, Georgia, Texas. The bar was the main feature, with small tables surrounding. The televisions were all on ESPN, and the music was a mixture of country and vintage (when was the last time you heard "Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer?)
The server was good, and we opted for the special board. My husband got 2 dozen clams; I went for the haddock sandwich with fries. The clams were spot on, and perfect for a mid-summer's night meal. My plate was sent out without fries, but was quickly corrected. The sandwich was served piping hot and very good. The ketchup bottles were almost all empty (we tried three before giving up).
The atmosphere is very convivial; no need to be scared to eat at this bit of Americana!

• Visited July 2012
Reading PA
“4.99 Dozen Clams, how can you go wrong???”
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Don't let the "biker" bar appearance scare you away from this place, great place to get something after visiting the park or other places in the area. They offer $4.99 dozen clams, beer prices are cheap, food was great. Some friends were scared of the cleanliness, which was lacking, but overall it's a safe place.

• Visited April 2012