“great”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2012

byob...good food, great price, nice atmosphere. nice that you can take your own bottle of wine. So far, no corking fee.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

There were 4 married couples in our group and everyone enjoyed their meals. I personally felt I got a fair amount of food for the price and it was well seasoned. I have become disappointed with the flavor of the food at many of the other Italian restaurants in the area. It seems to me that many restaurants make their food bland to appeal to the masses. The food at Mangia Mangia broke the mold and had deliciously flavored food. I will admit the dining room can get a little loud due to the open floor plan. On the night we were there, we were part of the problem, sorry about that! But we did have a good time and enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Only complaint was that the server was a little slow and seemed distracted.

Reviewed March 18, 2012

The service was slow. The portions of food were small for the price. I felt like I was given a half order. The $9 calamari was extremely salty. We had to return it. Our entrees were fine, not great. The most glaring part was how extremely loud the restaurant was. It sounded like everyone was yelling. It hurt our ears and we both had a headache when we left.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

I ordered a brewed iced tea and the waitress brought out artificial sweeteners. When I asked for sugar she acted like she was surprised that I would even ask for real sugar and couldn't find any when going in the back to look? Very odd.

While waiting, my husband asked for more focaccia bread and when the basket came back, it had no one piece of focaccia bread in it.

The food was OK but not spectacular and I have to agree with other reviews that there wasn't much pasta there for the prices they charge.

The staff is very nice though and the atmosphere is nice. It is just one small room though with everyone packed in, so very loud.

1  Thank mercuryd
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We were a party of nine who made reservations in advance. The staff was nice, however, we will not be going back.
Concerning the service: The server walked away without taking our guest of honor's order. The appetizers were served too far apart (about a 7 min.difference). We ordered 5 desserts. Two were initially served, two more a few minutes later, then finally the last one was served minutes later. I had asked a served if the Cesar dressing is an oil/vinegar based or cream based and was told it was oil/vinegar based. When it was served it was cream based, just like out of a bottle at the supermarket. The same thing happened with the serving of dinners. There was too much time in between the entrees served.
Concerning the portions, the Veal Saltimbocca, was extremely... I repeat extremely small. I actually had to move the pasta around to find it. Flavor was somewhere between OK and bland. I can't recall seeing any prosciutto on it either. For $18.95 it was an absolute joke! (oh yeah, and that does not include a salad. You get to pay extra for that!) One person ordered ravioli for $13.50 and was served four of them?????? The calamari was pretty chewy, (I'm sure it was frozed) and lacked flavor. The crab dip was tasty and the mussels were the one thing that was a generous portion.
We were looking forward to this restaurant and left extremely disappointed. They were very busy, however, it's so small, it doesn't take much to fill the place. It's incredibly noisy as well.
The BYOB is nice.