“Nice hotel close to Hershey”

Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed August 26, 2007

Nice hotel , as other have said it is not a true suite hotel really one big room with 2 TV.
Hotel was nice ,clean new and everything was in working order.
Free breakfast was nice eating area was small and very busy on a rainy day. they did keep it clean and refilled the food.
Nice indoor pool, we did not use it. Great place for families.

I thought it was a but pricey, but it was high season. I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank dvcguy

Reviewed August 17, 2007

My family and I recently stayed here on our trip to Hershey. It was great for convenience to the park, even could see the fireworks from our hotel room after leaving the park. The room was large, but not what I consider to be a suite. The breakfast buffet was plentiful but got very crowded after 9:00 with not much seating. My family said the pool was okay. Upon returning home I realized that I had forgotten a couple of things. After calling the front desk they had said that they found one item (a battery charger for a camera) but not the other ( a few gift cards that I had left behind) Funny since they were both in the same spot. Still haven't gotten my charger back as promised. Just a warning to make sure you take all things home with you or they may get taken by a not so honest staff member.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank shellgilardi
Reviewed August 7, 2007

We just stayed at Sprinhill suites for a lacrosse tournament and it was a pleasant stay. The hotel is two minutes from the park which is wonderfull. However, I would not consider the rooms suites. The room was the size of a regular hotel room with two queen beds a half wall and a sofa. There is a small refrigerator and micowave but the table only has one chair. After staying at Homewood Suites and Hawthorne Suites there is just no comparison.
The breakfast area is very small with very little seating but the breakfast was good with a lot of variety.
Reception was not very friendly, they barely smile and definitely don't greet you on checkin. The luggage carrier was nowhere to be found the entire time we stayed there.
I left some cash on the counter by the sink and when I got back there was a note from houskeeping thanking me for the tip. It was not intended to be a tip which would seem obvious the way the money was in a messy bunch all rolled up on the counter.
The indoor pool is very small but it was nice to have a pool after coming home from the park.
Overall the hotel is clean and close to the park but is not comfortable for a family of five.

3  Thank my4boys
Reviewed August 1, 2007

Springhill Suites by Marriott. From the minute I made my reservation on the phone, I knew I picked the right hotel. I recently stayed at Springhill with 6 other people for 2 nights (7/30-8/1, 2007) I booked
3 rooms of 2 because there wasn't anymore 2-Queen rooms when I made our reservations.

But when we got there, they said we could do 1 King and 1 2-Queen room to fit the 7 of us. With that, we saved like 350 bucks! 4 people
stayed at room 308 and the other 3 stayed at 316.

Check-In: We got there around 5 and did the room changing. The front desk staff wasn't that welcoming, which I expected. And when we were trying to decide about the rooms and were talking in another language, he kinda gave us a look. He did his job, but was not professional at all.

We got our room keys but didn't go to the rooms right away. We went to Giant (the local supermarket) to purchase the park tickets (which were discount tickets for $35 each) for the next day. We then went to eat at Ko Ko Mo's, got some beers at the store neaxt door, and went to a bowling alley (ABC Bowling) for the monday special - 35 cents a game! We finally got back to the hotel around 11pm.

The rooms: I stayed at 308 with 3 other people with 2 queen size beds and 2 tvs. The living area was big enough for 4 of us to walk around. There is the sofa bed, which nobody used. A desk and a chair. A microwave, a fridge, a coffee machine, a sink. There is a wall between the living area and the beds and one side is a mirror wall, so the room seems bigger when you walk in. The bathroom was clean and spotless. (If you have read other reviews, the toilet is loud when you flush, they didn't lie) The sink is outside the bathroom, which I didn't mind. The AC is by the window, next to one of the beds. The window was big, which you can open, and we had the view of the Museum. There is a small closet by the window.

The bed: (which is probably the most important thing other than the bathroom) was VERY clean and comfortable. There were 5 pillows and the comforter was just right, not too heavy, not too light. It felt good when you're snuggled in bed with the AC on.

*I did take pictures of the room, you can check them out later*

The breakfast: In my opinion was REALLY nice. I loved their mini chocolate muffins. They had regular breakfast food and you can also make your own breakfast sandwiches. Too bad the seating area IS small with about 20-30 seats. We did find seat as people were leaving.

The location: was just great. You turn right on Hershey Road and drive about 5 minutes then you'd see signs to the entrance to the Park. Same thing when you're coming back.

Check-out: No problems there. Just return your room keys. We were an hour late. They did call us as we were leaving the rooms. You would find a copy of your bill under the door in the morning. I guess they must have slipped it in when we were sleeping.

Overall, I was very satisfied. The only thing I didn't like was the service of the staff when guests are checking in and out. They could have done a better job by just saying simple things like "Welcome to hershey" or "Thanks for staying with us". The location and the cleanness of the hotel had won my vote of staying there again when I come back to Hershey.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with friends
5  Thank BlogOneFive
Reviewed July 31, 2007

We stayed here a Friday and Saturday night with our two kids, 4 and 7. Overall, it was a nice hotel and worth it for the convenience, but it was not without negatives. First, the positives were the lobby breakfast, which the kids loved; location was only 5 minutes to H.P. and also close to Giant, restaurants; very clean, new, and good service. We watched the late night HP fireworks from our bed, which was a real treat. We booked a king room w/the pull out couch, but the room was teeny for a suite. You literally could not walk from one room to the other w/the bed pulled out. There is NOT a separate bedroom and the sink is separate from the shower and toilet--both of which defeat the purpose of staying in a suite. We'd go for the double room next time as it looked larger. It was also LOUD--with kids running everywhere. Avoid the rooms next to the elevator and the stairs. The small pool and hot tub were also nice to have. We would stay here again based mainly on the convenience to the park.

1  Thank coreypickle
Reviewed July 28, 2007

We stayed at SpringHill Suites during our recent visit to Hershey. It was a very nice hotel for the money. It's very conveniently located to all of the attractions and next door to a hidden treasure, the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) museum. They have a nice complimentary breakfast, although the seating area is quite insufficient. They open a conference room down the hall to handle overflow. The pool area is quite small and not particularly useable.

1  Thank ScarletAndGrey
Reviewed July 24, 2007

We have been staying at Springhill Suites for over 5 years. We tried the Hershey lodge and the Hilton--Nothing to write home about.. just average.. Springhill suites is a great place to stay with kids and the shortest distance to the Park than any other Hotel. Staff is very attentive, polite and pleasant. The Rooms are SPOTLESS , CLEAN and a good size for a family with kids. If staying in Hershey PA this is the place for you and your family, and the free continental breakfast is terrific!! The kids love it!!

1  Thank olivia005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Super 8 Hershey
Super 8 Hershey
#3 of 25 in Hershey

Been to Springhill Suites Hershey Near the Park? Share your experiences!