“Very nice option for Hershey-area stays” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of SpringHill Suites Hershey Near the Park

SpringHill Suites Hershey Near the Park
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
North Carolina
“Very nice option for Hershey-area stays”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had a multi-day golf event at one of Hershey Collection golf courses so I chose this hotel since it was within eye sight of the course. The staff is friendly and competent. The breakfast is a small notch above a continental breakfast. Basically, it will tide you over til mid-morning - one less thing to worry about. The rooms are clean and on the new side with nice clean carpets and bathrooms which do not show any sign of old age. The sinks are outside of the bathrooms which I have never liked however. Also, the rooms had new flat screen tv's.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bayport, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

I am silver level Marriott rewards so I used a free room certificate. If I had spent the more than $200 a night they typically charge I would have been disappointed. The location was great, the staff was pleasant and helpful. It's just that the facility and the room was just not worthy of such a high price. The pros: less than five minute drive to Hershey Park, plenty of parking, free Wi-Fi, room fit five comfortably. The cons: facility looked a bit worn, indoor pool very small, breakfast was just OK and was not able to keep up with the number of people.

1 Thank Dbug62
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed for three nights to visit Hersheypark. We usually stay in Harrisburg but this year we wanted to be close to the park. The public areas have a very strong chlorine smell. Even on the third floor in the hallway we could still smell the pool. This was strange but we couldn't smell it in our room and that is ok with us. The room is a studio as it is all open with no door between the sitting area and beds. The room only was one TV so you can point it towards the beds or sofa. A suite would have two TV's at a minimum. The room was very dark and we had to unplug lights and move them around the room as needed.
Breakfast was average, standard free hotel lobby breakfast. We skipped the last day and paid to eat some better food at a local restaurant.
Nobody was rude or friendly. The staff did their job but I didn't feel welcomed. We will return to Harrisburg next time and drive to the park.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

The Springhill Suites in Hershey was a pretty decent hotel that was located relatively close to the Hershey Park tourist attractions. It was a decent place to sleep, although it offered relatively few luxuries for the price paid, which was over $200/night. The hotel itself was pretty crowded, although the noise level was very acceptable for the level of fullness. I found the complimentary breakfast to be acceptable as well, although it offered very little that other hotels of this price range should provide.

Overall, I would return to this hotel, although I might also be tempted to look around and see what else was available as well.

East Moriches, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed here last year when we visited Hersheypark and thought it was pretty decent. We chose this hotel bc I had marriott reward points that I wanted to use and it was close to the park. We experienced a bad "free breakfast" experience last year too, but figured it was the first time so what can we expect..it's free and not a 5 star hotel. So now this year, we were going to Hershey again and didn't want to pay the prices that the hershey hotel and lodge were charging especially since we were in the park from open to close and barely in the room, so we decided to stay here again despite the breakfast situation last year. Well everything got worse this year. Parents allowing kids at like midnight to run up and down the hallways being loud. They removed one of the television sets they had in the "bedroom area" last year. The refrigerator was not on when we got there so the juices/waters that we brought couldn't stay cold. Our room was one that joined with another so that was creepy. The breakfast was worse, they don't offer pancakes, or bacon, no chocolate milk offered, no fruit offered except rotten apples which is not exactly a summer fruit anyway. Plus they were always out of food when we got there!!! They barely refill the food, they can't keep up with it at all and work very slowly with pusses on their faces as they do it. what do they expect, there are tons of people with kids staying there to go to hershey, they shouldn't offer it if they can't do it right. why wouldn't they have kid friendly food at a hotel that will be having a lot of families come there? I had to at one point go up to the front desk and ask the manager to intervene which he did, although he was hesitant at first to help. you can never find a table or a clean table and everyone has to keep going to the door where they are preparing the food to tell them we were out of something, first no waffles in the tray, empty spots where muffins should be, no more oj, rotten fruit....and the list goes on and on.everyone was unhappy, but of course i'm the only one who did something about it by getting the mgr involved. again, we are on our way to get to hersheypark quickly, i don't know how they don't realize that you want to get in and get out! when you get there, there should be food at a free breakfast, not too much to ask!!! When the kids were younger we used to go to sesame place and stay at the residence inn which is a marriott and they have an unbelievable breakfast. what a shame. free breakfast might bring people in at first but at this place it won't keep them for long. another horrible thing is that my debit card had 3 entries on it totaling 500 or more when it should have only been 250 bc of something in the computer and some bs about incidentals so when i got back i had to spend about an hour on the phone trying to get that resolved. what a disaster, don't bother going here, it's a waste of time and you will be sorry as we were.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mishala
Middletown CT
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

The term suite is really misplaced, there is absolutely no physical separation between the sleeping area and the sitting area. The price points are set at a suite level, I think more needs to be done to bring the rooms up to that price point. Even a plastic slider would have been convenient in getting the kids to bed without the parents having to shut everything down at the same time.

The rooms are heated and cooled by one of those really annoying and impossible to set window unit heat pump/air conditioners and in a room with two queen beds somebody, in other words me, is going to be sleeping so close to it you should buy it dinner first. I despise these units but they are everywhere.

The rooms however are a good size and we were able to keep three kids and two parents sane for three nights.

The staff was fantastic, even with the throng of kids tearing into the breakfast items every morning the staff worked hard in their tiny little kitchen to keep up. The housekeeping and desk staff were always very friendly and helpful.

The rooms are super quiet, there were four kids in the room next door including an infant and I never heard them once they entered the room. Either they were the best behaved kids on the planet and I'm a failure as a parent or the soundproofing between rooms is first rate. To keep my ego healthy I'll go with the good soundproofing, really nice and quiet.

The pool has a relatively high chlorine level, if you want to make any real use of it I suggest goggles to avoid burning eyes especially for kids. The whirlpool is a welcome break after a day of chasing the little bugg... I mean, darlings around the park.

The best feature of this hotel is the location, it's a straight drive to Hershey Park and it's very convenient to the rest of Hershey.

1 Thank Kurtis S
West Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because I wanted to try something diffrent. I was traveling with my husband and my 3 children. The hotel itself is very nice (interior and exterior). The room was spacious (we stayed on the third floor). It accomodated a family of 5. We had two queen sized beds, and a pull out sofabed (which worked well for my son). I was a little disapointed with the breakfast selection (not much of a variety), they had sausage patties, eggs, limited pastries, and bagels...(No belgium waffles, bacon, fruits)....so we ended up going to a diner in Hummelstown for what we called a "real" breakfast. The location of the hotel is great--about 3 or 4 minutes from Hershey Park and other restaurants in the area. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The kids were a litle disapointed about the pool area (a little on the small side), but--they still enjoyed it because it was not crowed. Also, I usually like to select a Hotel that has a game room for the kids, they were also disapointed about that...but--hey the Park had all the games they could ever want, so they weren't too disapoined. Hotel staff was very accomadating when I asked for additional washclothes. Everything worked in the room (airconditioner/TV/microwave)and I was glad about that. If you would like to save money on your food expense...there is a Wendy's, KFC, Applebees, Bob Evans, all in one strip only a few minutes (8 minutes) away in Hummelstown--this saved us on the cost of food in the parks for dinner. We had a very pleasant stay at the SpringHill Suites in Hershey.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank nayenaye
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hershey
Fairfield Inn & Suites Hershey Chocolate Avenue
Super 8 Hershey
#4 of 24 in Hershey
Hampton Inn & Suites Hershey Near The Park
Quality Inn & Suites Hershey

Been to SpringHill Suites Hershey Near the Park? Share your experiences!