“Satisfying lunch”

Phillip Arthur's Ice Cream, Pizza and Subs
Ranked #11 of 84 Restaurants in Hershey
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: A traditional ice cream parlor combined with a cafe style restaurant featuring pizza, authentic Philly steaks, subs and salads. Also open for breakfast Saturday and Sunday
Forest Hill
“Satisfying lunch”
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We saw the rave reviews for Phillip Arthur's and just had to stop for lunch on our way home from a Hershey Park weekend. The pizza smelled so good, but my boys wanted to have panninis and I wanted to try their cheesesteak. Even though the place was not crowded, it took a while to get our food. This was further compounded by the fact that one of the sandwiches was dropped on the floor and had to be remade. It was worth the wait as the sandwiches were very tasty. The turkey was so good. The ice cream treats were too tempting to pass up, so we ordered some, and hit the road perfectly stuffed and satisfied. We will visit again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Susan S

Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Lunch”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I wanted something local before our family returned home from Hershey Park. In short, we did a little research and happened Phillip Arthur's. We ordered Chicken wings, which were done to perfection, Pizza slices which were generously portion and two sandwiched Rueben and Turkey Rueben. Fantastic and very reasonable. The fountain drinks came with the slices with free refill were more than enough for our nine and twelve year old boys.

The service was outstanding. Pat, who greeted us, was generous with his time as he gave us a layout of the place he worked, while performing the role of greeter, short order chef and making sure my family was taken care and made to feel welcome. It was plain to see Pat took pride in where he worked and as a business owner myself, folks like Pat are a rare commodity in today's world.

My only regret was not having any appetite left to order ice-cream dessert, which will have to wait if and when we come back again. Outstanding place.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Mark P
Oneonta, New York
“good food good prices”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Great sandwiches in a wide variety (my son had a turkey with prosciutto, I had turkey Rueben; both excellent) Pizza decent for middle of PA, malted shake done well.

Visited July 2014
pguarno, Owner at Phillip Arthur's Ice Cream, Pizza and Subs, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Not sure why we are # 1 with so many great places out there and more fancy etc including my own Feniccis of Hershey since 1935 but i guess when it comes down to it, in a town like this people want nostalgia, creative healthy menus a kind staff, kid friendly and good prices, and I put all my bets that we stack up against them all in this category. Thinking or raising the prices that we are #1 no way, the smile on the familes faces is all we want, thank you and we love you all.
USA
“Great food, reasonable prices, better than expensive Hershey Park!”
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

This cafe has a very wide selection with good prices and decent food. Compared to eating inside Hersheypark or some other restaurants in the area, it is definitely value for your dollar AND the food is decent. The interior is nothing special, but pleasant enough with a kind of "throwback" feel. I had a bacon/goat cheese/spinach salad that was delicious and fresh. My mother had a strawberry chicken salad which seemed an odd combo to me, but really was nice. And my father had a cheesesteak calzone which was also tasty. The dipping sauce for the calzone was very delicious. The service was very polite and friendly. I recommend it to anyone passing through Hershey.

Visited July 2014
“Great little place for lunch & ice cream”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Right across the street from the Hershey Story Museum, this small place seats only 30. Pleasant temperature inside; not freezing with too much air-conditioning but instead has several overhead antique style double fans keeping it comfortable. Extensive choices include paninis and wraps, salads, pizza and subs; they also serve breakfast all day. Hershey's ice cream plus smoothies, malts and shakes. Very neat and clean, nice decor. Small parking lot, but the free downtown parking garage is just across the street.