Review Highlights

from $12.50
More Info
from $110.00
More Info
All reviews locker room quiet room cocoa massage spa experience hot chocolate whipped cocoa indoor pool wraps whisper room hershey kisses spa lunch inhalation room fondue wrap escape package dry sauna sea salt scrub oasis restaurant
Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

My husband has bought me a gift card for the Hershey Spa twice. The first year I went I was so excited to be there. I thought it was a lovely place with a relaxing atmosphere. I was pregnant at the time so I was limited on services. I got a prenatal massage which the technician talked the entire time and I was not able to relax. I got a body scrub that was wonderful. I naturally have rough skin and after the scrub I had never felt my skin so soft. I also had a manicure that I enjoyed. My second visit included the same body scrub and it was not nearly as good as the first one. I was so very disappointed. I also got a facial that was costly and literally all that she did was massaged and put products on my face. I have had amazing facials elsewhere for half the price so I had high expectations of The Hershey Spa. My skin broke out the worst I have ever seen it for months after my ‘facial’ there. The services are NOT great and the technicians did not seem skillful or like they had any pride for their job. When you visit The Hershey Spa you are simply paying for the experience and might I add that I have had a better one at my local Spa, Emerge where they give REAL facials! This year I have made it clear to my husband to save his $500! I can only assume that anyone that has given this Spa a good rating has never been to another Spa before.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I took my wife here for her 40th birthday. It was our second time attending the spa. We loved it both times. The staff and facilities are fantastic. Plus free chocolate treats all over the place! Great experience. Not cheap but worth every cent. We want to do it again.

2  Thank Journey13344
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Hershey Hotel is just gorgeous. It is built in the Spanish style (Milton Hershey fell in love with this style when he went to Spain and had it copied for his hotel). The spa is just wonderful. The staff was very friendly, pleasant and helpful. You get a locker, waterproof chocolate colored slippers and a very soft and comfortable bathrobe. We chose the chocolate bath and the chocolate massage with lunch at the spa. The chocolate bath was a jacuzzi with bubble bath and cocoa powder sprinkled on top., I had to stop my sister from eating the choclate bubbles because it all smelled so good (we were in adjoining rooms). Then we had the chocolate massage. The cremes used all smell of chocolate and are just lovely. All of these can be bought in the reception area for anyone who wants to continue enjoying the chocolate smell. The lunch is in the Spa's dining room so almost all of the guests there were in their robes, which made for a very comfortalbe, informal feeling. We are vegetarians, so my sister, who made the reservations, made sure that they would have a vegetarian or fish dish for us. This was important because they offered salads and cut up vegetables together with all kinds of meats. We received a large bowl each of delicious tuna fish which went well with the salads and warm breads they offered. This was a birthday gift for the two of us (which my sister mentioned when making the reservations) and for dessert they brought out a special chocolate dessert consisting of three different chocolate pastries. It was all tasty and beautifully presented. We had a wonderful, relaxing day, especially since it was pouring and very windy and we wouldn't have been able to do much outside. But we were warm, cozy and well pampered at this delightful hotel spa. One point to note--there were bowls of Hershey's kisses in every corner of the spa. What could be better!!!! It is not meant for children or teenagers but for men and women to pamper themselves a bit. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This last trip we did not stay at the hotel but we did use the spa and it is first class. The cocoa sugar scrub leaves you refreshed and smelling like chocolate but my favorite thing to do is still the cocoa massage. Try it out once and you'll be back for more.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I took my friend here the month before her wedding to pamper her! This was my first time at any spa, but she had been to many in the past. We both had the best time! First of all- The architecture is absolutely beautiful. When we got there, they had us change into robes. They then showed us around the spa. We stayed in a “quiet room” that had muffins, chocolate, hot chocolate, coffee, fruits, etc. This is where our tech would drop us off between services. I got a sugar scrub which was fabulous and a massage that was pretty good (I didn’t know what to expect for my first massage). We then got lunch at the oasis. It was pretty good, not sure it was worth $25 a person but I think I would go back in the future. We were done eating by 1 and they said we could stay and enjoy their facility for the rest of the day if we wanted to! I can’t wait to go back!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was so looking forward to my first spa experience at the Hotel Hershey. While I have had many other services at other locations I was very excited to try the spa after hearing some rave reviews. As part of a bachelorette party we made our group reservations. Issues arose from the start. At one point I was actually told that there was just no service available and the woman was very sorry that I was not going to be able to attend. Only to call back another day to find out services were being held for another party that had not committed. On the actual day things only went down hill. We were shown into a small changing area ( learned later that there was a much larger area across the hall) and were instructed to wait until we were called. I was the last to be called and spent 45 minutes waiting in this small space playing games on my phone. Not what I imagined. When finally escorted for my service I began to realize how large the facility was. My service was just ok. I was then placed in a quiet room and told that they would let me know when my group was meeting for lunch. This room was a big improvement over the changing room but after waiting another 20 minutes and not seeing anyone from my group I went back down to the changing room to check my phone. There were numerous messages from the group. They were all together having lunch. I really did not feel part of the group nor did I feel pampered. I could go on about the day but I am actually more shocked by the lack of response from Hershey. I called to relate my concerns and ask a few questions on how this should have gone and was told that a manager would contact me. No one ever did. This further irritated me so I called again and this time I was given a manager to speak to who said he would look into it, the situation was not the norm and he would get back to me. That was weeks ago. Would not recommend unless you have money to burn and just want to be able to say that you had been there. Not worth it from my experience.

Reviewed September 26, 2018

We did a couples massage and it was decent - but nothing really special. The highlight was honestly their cocoa scented oil that they use, because it's really nice to get a cocoa massage in Hershey! But I've had better massages at chain places like Massage Envy. It was my husband's first massage and he wasn't very impressed.

The rest of the facilities are nice. There's a room you can lounge in which has coffee, tea, hot cocoa, and some snacks like nuts and muffins. We've only ever done cruise spas before so I'm not sure what's typical at a "regular" spa, but we were a little disappointed we couldn't enjoy the steam room together (they were located within the dressing rooms separated for men and women). You could also use the pool/hot tub, which was just the standard one in the hotel that you had to leave the spa to use. We did enjoy the hot tub for awhile though.

Overall it was a good experience but I'm not planning to go back for the price. If I did I would try something else other than a massage, like a facial.

Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

We opted for only one treatment this time.. I usually do two but also knew I wanted a mid day nap. Good as usual. Erris worked my feet and worked out a kink in my calf from dancing at our wedding.

The hot cocoa is literally worth its weight in gold.

Would like if they didn’t have peanuts in their nut / trail mix selection only due to my allergy. Not a complaint as they have two other muffin options if your looking for a snack. Just something maybe that will be considered moving forward.

Will be back

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Going to the Spa at the Hotel is a pure treat. From the moment you arrive you are pampered. A soft comfy robe to wear and yummy cocoa and muffins await you. As soon as you are ushered into a treatment room the relaxation begins. I have had massages, facials,pedicures and manicures there. All have been amazing. Cant wait to go again!

Reviewed August 1, 2018

This is my third trip to this spa. I always take part in the Cuban Experience spa package. It's WONDERFUL. This package is around four hour long. Its start off with a bath for 15mins, then a 90min body wrap/scrub. After that you break for a hour lunch, then finished off with a 50min massage. Its complete heaven! I always enjoy my time.

From the beginning check-in is easy, all tips are included in the cost, and the staff are overly nice. All the rooms are relaxing, and the snacks are very tasty. I love every minute! I plan to make this my go to place once a year for some needed relaxation/me time.

This place is not all about the chocolates and I love it!

1  Thank tnpcom