“Very nice!”

VIP Private Wine Tour with Lunch in Hershey from Lancaster
Ranked #14 of 34 things to do in Hershey
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Hershey's first and only winery. We have over 30 different varieties of wines all of which are bottled in Hershey. Our most popular wines are White on White, Black on Black, Pomegranate Splash and Coco Nostra chocolate wine. There is no entry fee, but we do have some tasting options that are between $1.00 and $5.00. We have handicap parking in the rear of our building and a place for a picnic. Feel free to bring your own food or snacks.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Pennsylvania
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Very nice!”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

This was our fourth winery of the day and our third weekend of the Tour de Tanks so we had plenty of wineries to compare. I have to say that this was one of our favorites of the day. It is right on Chocolate Avenue in a house. Walk into a nice area with lots of tables and chairs. By far this was one of the nicest times we had because we were seated at a table, offered food and six wines or more (they were quite generous). It was just very warm and friendly. Like being in your own kitchen enjoying wine with family and friends. I did enjoy the choclate coco nostra, but I left with the black on black, which was very nice. We will return. Thanks for a great time!

Visited March 2013

Long Island, NY
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Bad service”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went for a wine tasting and the only woman working was with another group. We waited patiently for almost 10 minutes, not once did she look up and say anything to us, so we left.

Visited February 2013
Salvatore C, Owner at Cullari Vineyards and Winery, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Well, I'm not sure how to respond to this review because the details are so vague. I don't know the day or date that they were at my winery, if at all. This review is suspicious because we don't have any women at all working during the week days. Secondly we always have more than one staff person on weekends, and this includes both a male and female, so my best guess is that they have the wrong winery, but if I'm wrong, I would certainly like to know more details. If you read our other reviews, you will note that our service, along with our wines are our strong points. Just like most other things in this world, you should never depend solely on the opinion of others. Read the other reviews, visit us yourself, and see what you think.
Jackson, New Jersey
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Chocolate Wine a must try!”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped here on a rainy damp Saturday and ended up spending about one hour enjoying the wines and talking with the owner, Sal, and the lovely young woman who helped us with our samplings! For $5 each you got a wine glass and 6 samples and a 10% discount on wines. They also put out some snacks for us and we relaxed in a cozy little seating area and talked about wines and the surrounding area of Hershey. We enjoyed the wines very much and the hardest part was deciding which ones to bring home! I actually had to turn around and go back for another bottle of the chocolate wine in the commerative bottle for a friend who I was raving out it to via text messages! I say stop by and enjoy the wines and the conversations!

Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
160 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 290 helpful votes
“Quite the event”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My husband and I visited Cullari's tasting room in Hershey while making the Valenwine tour of the area. We had to wait a few minutes when we arrived, but that is because all of the customers are given a seat at a table. Something that we did not experience at any of the other wineries.
Once seated, we were given a list of wine choices, and were able to taste one wine from each category for a total of 4 wine tastings.
Cracker, carrots, cheese, etc. were available for our enjoyment (no charge for any), and since it was the special weekend tour, we were given a small brownie to enjoy with our 4th wine.
The final testing consisted of a chocolate cordial cup or a taste of one of the dessert wines, your choice.
The service was great. We were comfortable, and never rushed.
I'd highly recommend stopping into this winery, especially if it is included in one of these special rate tours.

1 Thank geismom
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cullari Winery Tasting Room is one of our Favorites.”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

When we do the UnCork York Wine Trail, Cullari is always at the top of our list. We have our favorites from Cullari, with their White on White, and Coco Nostra, (Chocolate Red).

Visited March 2012