“Delicious Pizza!”

Brickers Ponessa Pizza & Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Central PA
“Delicious Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

We ordered a pepperoni pizza to-go from here because a friend recommended it. It was amazingly tasty! Definitely my favorite pizza that I've had in a long time! Highly recommended...I'll eat here again soon and I live about 30 minutes away from Hershey!

• Visited May 2013

East Coast, USA
“Great deal, casual food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

After learning that all the fancier restaurants on Chocolate Ave had three-hour waits despite it being an arctic-cold night in the middle of the winter, my family ended up at Brickers. They were fairly busy too, but, the pizza smelled great and we found a table. The casual atmosphere worked for us--my kids happily played pinball while we waited for our meal. It took a while, but, they let me know up front that meals were taking a bit longer than usual, and, with freshly baked Stromboli in the oven, I had expected a decent wait anyway.

Pizza was excellent--New York style. Manicotti was good, and well portioned. The fresh-baked Stromboli was delicious--the dough was fantastic and the cheese was good quality! We threw the kitchen a bit of a curve-ball by ordering the greek salad with gyro meat on it. It was a large and good salad, although the lettuce could use an upgrade.

They offered a variety of beer in bottles or on tap. It was a bit odd that you had to go into a separate room to purchase certain beer--I don't know why, but that's how they do it.

Overall, for this former Jersey girl, the food was just like I remember family-owned pizza/Italian restaurants in the Northeast. Hot, delicious, food that oozes with oily cheese for a really good price. If I was looking for pizza or casual Italian during my next visit to Hershey, I'd go back. I would more likely order it to-go, particularly if my hotel had tables in the lobby where we could eat. The atmosphere, like many casual pizza places, is nothing to write home about.

• Visited February 2013
Hershey, PA
“Dissapointed with Pizza”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have eaten pizza from Brickers before and it was good but this time it was not good. It took 2 1/2 hours to have pizza delivered and it tasted like paper. Website displayed a $16 price but deliveryman said it was $31. I don't think we will patronize them again.

• Visited December 2012
northeast US
“love the pizza! - atmosphere?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

I travel through Hershey on a regular basis for business. I try to stop at Brickers as often as possible. The pizza is great. The tables chairs and floor could use a makeover.
However, if you are looking to bring a 12 year old soccer team of boys into a safe place...this is it. nothing to break, no big deal if you spill something on the floor.
get a pitcher of beer ( for yourself) - no worries
stop by when you get the chance - I am not too concerned about the lackluster atmosphere myself. I go for the pizza and you should too. I say this as somebody that lives between Philadelphia and New York and has had good pizza.

• Visited November 2012
“Good Pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have been here before and was so looking forward to eating there again on 12/30/12. We went there to get dinner before heading back to hotel for the Redskins game....HAIL! They were closed! We were so disappointed. They do have good pizza so will have to wait until our next visit to Hershey.

Visited December 2012