“Last year was better”
Review of Piazza Sorrento

Piazza Sorrento
Reserve with OpenTable
Piazza Sorrento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Hershey
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US Route 322
Description: Voted "Best New Restaurant" by Harrisburg Magazine in 2009, Piazza Sorrento is a modern Italian restaurant based on the "Old World" Italian recipes of the owner's family back in Italy. The Bolognese sauce they grew up on and the tradition of family is the cornerstone of the Piazza Sorrento dining experience. Dedicated to providing the finest in service, food, and wine at a fair and competitive price, Piazza Sorrento makes regional and classic Italian cuisine using premium local ingredients while keeping the history of the dish and region intact. Piazza Sorrento not only provides the best in authentic Italian cooking this side of the Atlantic, but also believes that all patrons, whether adults or children, should be welcomed like one big family - even those with certain dietary requirements. That is why Piazza Sorrento is widely known for their extensive Gluten Free menu, another reason patrons routinely drive over an hour or more to dine in relative ease and safety.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

This was our second visit to Piazza Sorrento. It was not as crowded on a Thursday night. The food was not as good as we remembered. Last year, I had the Italian sampler. It was a very large portion of 3 Italian classic pasta dishes and they were all good. This time I had the eggplant parmigiana. The eggplant seemed to be cooked a little too much. My wife had the crab cake special. It was not as good as crabcakes we've had elsewhere. The chocolate cake was a little dry, but the chocolate mousse was very good, so we didn't finish the cake. The service was a also little slow. We had trouble getting the waiter back to the table. It's a small place, so it shouldn't have been so difficult.

1  Thank SJfarmer

Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Outstanding food. Great service. Nice atmosphere. They also have a casual side of the restaurant if you just want pizza, and a take out bisiness.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

They have incredible food for people that have a gluten intolerance. Even if you don't have a gluten intolerance they have wonderful food. Also save room for dessert. Most are homemade on-site. My husband got the veal rissoto and said it was the best he had ever eaten. I also got the Alfredo which was very good. The staff and management are very helpful and kind.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

What a pleasant surprise. My meal started out very good, continued to be good and closed out very well. As sad a statement that this may be, it’s SO nice to have a restaurant exhibit consistency throughout a meal. Bravo! The hostesses are very attractive, which can sometimes bode for bad service or be overcompensation for poor food. Alas, the young ladies here are stunning and friendly. The wait staff is a little overworked, but knows their menu- good for them. I started with the Maryland Crab soup (which I was afraid might be too far off from the coast) which was fantastic. The Grilled Gnocchi was my entrée and though slightly over sauced, it was a lovely marriage of cream, sausage and spices. I could have dealt without the sun dried tomatoes (which I didn’t recall seeing on the menu), but they were not overpowering so no complaints there. Grilled gnocchi seemed such a foreign concept, but worked very well. I usually don’t have dessert, but had the chocolate peanut butter cake and was blown away. Not too rich, not too sweet, not too big. Just a perfect balance of tastes and size. The price was nice and my meal was complete. The location might present a bit of apprehension, but don’t judge a book by its cover (or by its neighbor in this case). I’m so happy to have dined here and look forward to coming again the next time I’m in Hershey.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Having been to your restaurant a few times before, we chose it to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. Ryan was our server and he was exceptional! He even treated us to a dessert for the occasion! I had the lobster ravioli and I have to say it was one of the best I have ever had. My husband had the lasagna and it might be as good as mine! ;) Everything about your restaurant is delightful and we will surely be back. :) Thank you to Ryan and the chef for making our evening wonderful!

Been to Piazza Sorrento? Share your experiences!