“Favorite Italian Date”
Review of Piazza Sorrento

Piazza Sorrento
Reserve with OpenTable
Piazza Sorrento is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 89 Restaurants in Hershey
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: US Route 322
Description: Voted "Best New Restaurant" by Harrisburg Magazine in 2009, Piazza Sorrento is a modern Italian restaurant based on the "Old World" Italian recipes of the owner's family back in Italy. The Bolognese sauce they grew up on and the tradition of family is the cornerstone of the Piazza Sorrento dining experience. Dedicated to providing the finest in service, food, and wine at a fair and competitive price, Piazza Sorrento makes regional and classic Italian cuisine using premium local ingredients while keeping the history of the dish and region intact. Piazza Sorrento not only provides the best in authentic Italian cooking this side of the Atlantic, but also believes that all patrons, whether adults or children, should be welcomed like one big family - even those with certain dietary requirements. That is why Piazza Sorrento is widely known for their extensive Gluten Free menu, another reason patrons routinely drive over an hour or more to dine in relative ease and safety.
Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Italian food done right, we enjoy ourselves whenever we come. The bar area is friendly and well filled, but the dining rooms are quiet and private. It makes a great place for you and your partner or a group of friends.

1  Thank Cook-from-Derry

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have alway been the one to read reviews but never leave a review myself. This meal has made me want to spread the word. This butternut squash ravioli was a special (although there is one on the menu regularly) with Frangelico cream sauce, figs, walnus and prociutto. It was doctored up to be the most exciting meal I've ever had. The ingredients were blended perfectly and I could NOT stop raving between bites. The service was also great. We had a party of 8 and the young lady (I wish i could recall her name) waited on us with ease and confidence. I will definitely go back when I'm in town.

1  Thank Elibedr
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I was at the Hershey Giant Center for a 4 day event and refused to eat another processed hamburger so I GPS'd Italian eateries and this was only a few miles away so away we went. They really have very good food, one side of the place is pizza, wraps, hoggies & subs, and the other is a more upscale Italian bistro with great Italian dishes. I had a home made pasta with Bolognese sauce that was very good. The atmosphere is very nice and the place is spotlessly clean. I recommend the Piaza Sorrento!!

1  Thank zepaman
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Good for a quick dinner; we just got a huge pizza and beer on our last night in Hershey. We took half back to the hotel for the ride home the next day. Made a great quick lunch on a travel day. Thick, cheesy pizza!

1  Thank Alice F
Reviewed September 30, 2012

too noisy and not personal. Staff taking orders efficient but not personal. Prices high for value. Dinning area small but probably set up for take out.

1  Thank Don T