“Not a good experience”

Ranked #15 of 24 Hotels in Hershey
Jeffersonville, Indiana
“Not a good experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

This hotel is an inexpensive option on Chocolate Avenue, but I would stay somewhere else if we ever went back.

The complex is a bit hard to navigate as there are a couple of different buildings and it's hard to tell where you're supposed to pull in and park. After checking in, we had to pull all the way through the complex out into a back alley and drive around the block to get back to the right parking area.

Checkin was a bit of a hassle. I had booked online and the price I was charged was about $20 more expensive than I was expecting. Turns out, the online price didn't include a hefty $17 tourism tax and another random fee charged by the hotel. I still don't fully understand what the extra fees were about. I asked, but the family who runs the hotel speak in accented English which I couldn't understand very well. The office appears to connect to their living quarters and it smelled heavily of curry, which bothered my husband's allergies.

The first room we checked into had a broken air conditioning unit. It was sweltering, so we asked to be moved to another room. When we got there, I tried running some hot water in the sink and it never got hot. We called the front desk again, thinking there was no hot water. He came in and figured out that the hot and cold taps on the sink were switched. Ugh!

There were rowdy crowds of teens hanging out by the pool. I didn't much care because I wasn't intending to use the pool, but they were also congregating on the sidewalk near my car which made me a bit nervous as I had left a good portion of my luggage in the hatch and worried a bit about one of them trying to break into my car. That didn't happen, but when we checked out in the morning there was a large pile of pocket change lying on the sidewalk near my car. Don't know what that was all about, but I wish someone would have enforced a curfew since it was well after 11pm last time I checked and they were all still out there being loud.

The bottom floor where the ice machine is located appears to be used for long-term tenants and is not well maintained. There are several places where the walls need patched and re-painted. They also store a lot of old furniture down there. It has a creepy vibe.

The room itself was clean and fairly large. The wifi worked.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed the weekend for the one direction concert. Definitely not worth $200 for one night but it was close to the park which helped a lot. Took a while to get checked in, as the staff was not being very accommodating during check in. The room was a good size and the air conditioning was fabulous. The rooms could use a bit of remodeling, as the furniture seems quite and the bed was very squeaky whenever someone moved. Conditioner should be provided and more pillows too, as there were only two very flat ones of the bed. Overall it was an okay stay, what you can expect from a motel.

Room Tip: Ask for air conditioning and a room on a higher floor as some rooms are in the basement/ windowless.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Clean rooms. Stayed the weekend of the One Direction concert. So I decided to give a value hotel a try. Very glad we did. No frills. Clean rooms, newer carpet, comfortable beds. friendly staff. Close to Hershey Pantry, a must to eat. I would suggest they add hair dryers to the rooms. But they did provide one at the desk.

• Stayed July 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I just wanted to let everyone know that I just stayed at this hotel...I had 8 rooms booked for a soccer tournament. Troy was great as well as the rooms. The rooms were clean!! Perfect location to get to/from Hershey park. Give this place a chance!! You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Missyle
Valley Bend, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

I loved it. The rooms were great, Maid service was out standing. We spent 4 nights there and it only cost us $240.00. I have stayed there before, and the first time it was just as great as this time. Management was so nice to us. We sat around the pool at night and drank beer, and played cards, and went swimming. they even turned on the lights by the pool so we could see. Maid service gave us as many towels as we needed each and every day. Rooms were very clean, and had mini fridg's in them with microwaves . extra pillows in the drawers, Some of the room have flat screen tv's and great internet. I hope when we go back we can stay there again. Its just a short drive to Hershey park, Maybe 15 minutes at the most to the the park, Oh and gas was 3.35 a gallon..that was great to fill up on the way home, and its just right down the road from the Inn. maybe 2 blocks. My family had a ball in the outdoor pool. I would recommend this to any family. Great price at 59.00 dollars a night. that way you have more money to spend at the park.. I wouldn't stay anywhere else but here. you can't beat the price when you have a family. oooooohhh and the beds were so comfortable, just like sleeping at home. The Lambert Family

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lipa City, Lipa, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

been a great experience. the rooms are clean and spacious. could not ask for more on what we paid for. the owners are great as well, very accommodating. will definitely use this hotel again.

-joshua katigbak

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joshua K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Perfect one ..... clean and neat....near to choclt factory ...very friendley staff..... this is the best one you can get fr 54$ per night... all kinds of restrnts are available with in 10 miles.....if you want an economical one go for it this is the best one in and around Hershey choclt factory and theme park....

• Stayed November 2012