“cozy, for the the price”

Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed July 20, 2012

Nice and friendly staff stood 1 night. 100$ for the night went to herseypark had a blast, way more economical than hotel hersey 459 a night also howard johnson was 230 a night

Room Tip: Call in advance, i waited till the same day & got 2 full beds
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nyctitere

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Most of the hotels in the area are very expensive, but my parents needed to find an affordable place to stay close to Hershey Medical Center for two weeks of cancer treatment. They were very happy with the Cocoa Country Inn & Suites. The rooms were clean and the swimming pool is nice and well maintained. Management is exceptional and is what made the stay 5 stars. My kids and I traveled to visit my parents and stayed one night at the Cocoa Country Inn as well and we were pleasantly surprised. I'd highly recommend this motel!

1  Thank drangelfly
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This place is nothing fancy, but the price is right if you're in town for only a night or so. Decent location, reasonably clean and friendly helpful front desk.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Hi My name is Nekesha I enjoyed my stay here at your hotel it was extremely clean, quiet, and beautiful. I will reccomend this hotel to hotel to friends and family. I truly enjoyed my self and the customer service was excellent. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My family and I took a trip to hershey park and came accross this lovely hotel that reminded me of a mom and pop place that was very inviting. clean rooms, good service, a nice outdoor pool wich helped beat the heat. very affordable rates as well. perfect for what we needed. would highly reccomend them to family, friends, and anyone looking for affordable rates and good service. you will not be dissapointed will deffinately be using again..

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I called and booked my room a couple of days in advance, even though check-in isn't until 4pm, the guy at the front desk allowed us in earlier, for the same price as I was quoted. Rooms are a little out dated, but are clean. Rooms have flat screen tv with cable, and wi fi. It also has a pool that is clean with a large deck area with multiple tables and chairs. Everyone there was friendly! And I really appreciate the no smoking in the room policy, even though my husband smokes,(outside) I really don't want to lay in a bed that smells like stale cigarettes and my clothes either! My daughter is ready to come back and we just left! If we ever plan to visit HersheyPark(which is extremely close to the hotel) again, I will be staying here!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank 1dolphinlover
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Wow- where to begin? If I could give this place a negative 1000 stars, I would. Worst hotel experience that I've ever had, and I stayed in a hostel overnight in Denmark once! I urge people to think twice before booking here.

My friend and I arrived after a very long drive, and could not wait to get into our room and just relax. I booked through Tingo and informed them that I would have a dog, however, when I got inside the office I noticed a sign saying they would add $50 to your stay if you had a pet, and since there was no mention on their end about my dog, I figured I better let them know. Of course, they didn't know and added $15 per night to our 3 night stay, AND changed our hotel room on the spot. They also had several notices about penalties which I thought was lame, and no mention of amenities or even continental breakfast.

The room was horrendous. I cannot stress this enough. If you have a pet, DO NOT stay in this hotel. You're a second class citizen put in a room right near the road with a linoleum floor (which my dog couldn't even walk on), minimalistic beds that looked like they were made from left-over Ikea bedframes, and bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. I went into the bathroom and there were tons of flies sitting in the sink. I opened the toilet and two flies flew out at me. Yuck. I looked in the tub and there was mold everywhere. Add to that a non-stop beeping sound, thin walls, blood spots on the sheets, and gross stains on the bed covers. We were about to ask for our money back and find somewhere new but we decided to get something to eat first, and lucky for us we happened to flush the toilet before leaving...

When we got back, the toilet was still flushing. Nothing would make it stop so we went over to the office. They couldn't get it to stop either so they offered us a new room. No dog owner rooms were available so we were put in a regular room and it was miles better. Awesome beds, a rug and a somewhat clean bathroom. It was still pretty gross though as I don't think the rugs have ever been vacuumed and the towels had weird stains and hairs on them. The walls were also paper thin. We had a "screamer" (what I dubbed the 4 year old child) across the hall and it drove us crazy. Also, no clock and the television was super old. Nothing seemed clean. I think that is what I'll take away from the room. Yes, I checked for bugs but found none so I think it's just a really poor job cleaning. Oh, and if you have a room on the first floor of the second building be careful because there are no lights. Getting back to our hotel room once it was dark was an adventure and I would hate to think of an elderly person trying to find their way. Some rooms didn't even have numbers attached to the doors.

To sum up, please do not stay here. There's got to be much better at a similar price in Hershey.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank quiet_wave
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Manager at Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2012

Unfair Review!! Guest smoked in a non-smoking room(cigarette butts in the toilet), never disclosed having any pets until seeing the sign for penalizing fronting (not disclosing total number of people or pets) then finally paying for 1 pet while having 3 other pets (undisclosed). Stayed for 3 nights utilizing our daily housekeeping, service, amenities, etc and then received a FULL REFUND for her stay! Used foul language with our front desk person for having designated Pet rooms as a policy of the property (what if a guest is allergic to pets? cat dandur?) and yet wrote a negative review about our property. It is highly unmotivating for me as a manager to tell my employees to be kind to all guests no matter how serious the problem to earn good positive reviews and provide quality service to the guests at an award-winning Inn. Thank you for your review, we are sure you will find other more suitable lodging options in the future.