“Friendly people and clean room!”

Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Friendly people and clean room!”
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I called and booked my room a couple of days in advance, even though check-in isn't until 4pm, the guy at the front desk allowed us in earlier, for the same price as I was quoted. Rooms are a little out dated, but are clean. Rooms have flat screen tv with cable, and wi fi. It also has a pool that is clean with a large deck area with multiple tables and chairs. Everyone there was friendly! And I really appreciate the no smoking in the room policy, even though my husband smokes,(outside) I really don't want to lay in a bed that smells like stale cigarettes and my clothes either! My daughter is ready to come back and we just left! If we ever plan to visit HersheyPark(which is extremely close to the hotel) again, I will be staying here!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank 1dolphinlover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Gloucester, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Wow- where to begin? If I could give this place a negative 1000 stars, I would. Worst hotel experience that I've ever had, and I stayed in a hostel overnight in Denmark once! I urge people to think twice before booking here.

My friend and I arrived after a very long drive, and could not wait to get into our room and just relax. I booked through Tingo and informed them that I would have a dog, however, when I got inside the office I noticed a sign saying they would add $50 to your stay if you had a pet, and since there was no mention on their end about my dog, I figured I better let them know. Of course, they didn't know and added $15 per night to our 3 night stay, AND changed our hotel room on the spot. They also had several notices about penalties which I thought was lame, and no mention of amenities or even continental breakfast.

The room was horrendous. I cannot stress this enough. If you have a pet, DO NOT stay in this hotel. You're a second class citizen put in a room right near the road with a linoleum floor (which my dog couldn't even walk on), minimalistic beds that looked like they were made from left-over Ikea bedframes, and bugs. Lots and lots of bugs. I went into the bathroom and there were tons of flies sitting in the sink. I opened the toilet and two flies flew out at me. Yuck. I looked in the tub and there was mold everywhere. Add to that a non-stop beeping sound, thin walls, blood spots on the sheets, and gross stains on the bed covers. We were about to ask for our money back and find somewhere new but we decided to get something to eat first, and lucky for us we happened to flush the toilet before leaving...

When we got back, the toilet was still flushing. Nothing would make it stop so we went over to the office. They couldn't get it to stop either so they offered us a new room. No dog owner rooms were available so we were put in a regular room and it was miles better. Awesome beds, a rug and a somewhat clean bathroom. It was still pretty gross though as I don't think the rugs have ever been vacuumed and the towels had weird stains and hairs on them. The walls were also paper thin. We had a "screamer" (what I dubbed the 4 year old child) across the hall and it drove us crazy. Also, no clock and the television was super old. Nothing seemed clean. I think that is what I'll take away from the room. Yes, I checked for bugs but found none so I think it's just a really poor job cleaning. Oh, and if you have a room on the first floor of the second building be careful because there are no lights. Getting back to our hotel room once it was dark was an adventure and I would hate to think of an elderly person trying to find their way. Some rooms didn't even have numbers attached to the doors.

To sum up, please do not stay here. There's got to be much better at a similar price in Hershey.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank quiet_wave
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Manager at Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
Unfair Review!! Guest smoked in a non-smoking room(cigarette butts in the toilet), never disclosed having any pets until seeing the sign for penalizing fronting (not disclosing total number of people or pets) then finally paying for 1 pet while having 3 other pets (undisclosed). Stayed for 3 nights utilizing our daily housekeeping, service, amenities, etc and then received a FULL REFUND for her stay! Used foul language with our front desk person for having designated Pet rooms as a policy of the property (what if a guest is allergic to pets? cat dandur?) and yet wrote a negative review about our property. It is highly unmotivating for me as a manager to tell my employees to be kind to all guests no matter how serious the problem to earn good positive reviews and provide quality service to the guests at an award-winning Inn. Thank you for your review, we are sure you will find other more suitable lodging options in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Waterloo
Reviewed April 15, 2012

My daughter and I were traveling back from a family trip from New Yorks State. We had decided to stop at Hershey for a fun visit. We found the management and staff to be extremely courteous and helpful. The room was spacious and clean. The inn was located conviently near reasurants and downtown Hershey atractions. I never thought I could stay at an inn in Hershey because of the high prices but this inn was resonably priced. We enjoyed our experience and hope to visit again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Aiden S
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Manager at Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you so much for staying with us! You guys were great and we are so pleased to have you come to Hershey and found us worthwhile. You have a very nice family and I wish you all the best for the future, and please do come and see us again :)
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 20, 2011

Myself & husband were very satisfied with our stay at this friendly clean place. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful when our gps broke & we got lost; they called us to guide us with directions. This will definitely be our twice yearly home away from home when visiting Hershey Park. Also the close proximity to the park was a added bonus and the great restaurants couple of paces away!! Thank you Rachel for making our stay so pleasant.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Mamaitaly72
CocoaCountryMgmnt, General Manager at Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you very much for your review! We are truly grateful to have you as our valued guest, it was certainly not a problem to help your family during their stay with us in Hershey. Sometimes GPS's can be troublesome, I've experienced that myself before so we can relate to the pain :)Rachel conveys her regards and we are looking forward for you to visit us again in the near future!
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed November 20, 2011

we went to hershey for my daughters 21st bday.the hotel was small and cozy.people at the front desk were warm ,friendly and helpful with advice!the rooms were very clean and cozy,had a lovely european style.was close to hershey attractions,giant center and hershey park,thanks to our friend at the desk we got great directions to hollywood casino!we would stay there again,thanks for helping us have a wonderful birthday weekend for my daughter!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank parrotgirl77
Lancaster, Ohio
Reviewed November 13, 2011

This is a place to avoid. The website is not truthful at all. Amenities- scarce. No iron, no hairdryer, not enough towels. If you are a traveler who uses the little shampoos and lotions ( I do not) then make sure you take your own. They were either previously used or very old. There was no hot water to take a shower..... it was not even luke warm!!! We were awakened at 7:15 am by someone pounding at our door and attempting to open the door. When we tried to call the front office there was no phone service to call for assistance. The other hotel guests ( 2 tour busses) were running in hallway and very loud at this time also. Again could not notify front office. We couldn't even find a number to call other than an 800 reservation number. Also- no closet. You hang your clothing on a bar that goes across a table that you would sit at!!! The pillowcases had some sort of dirt on them- one appeared to be blood, the other old food (I hope). Needless to say we did not use them!!! THe mattresses are not for anyone who has back trouble. They are lke sitting on a marshmallow and sinking to the floor. It is not newly renovated - or it was a very poor job!! The owner on check out sis not seem to want to hear our complaints. The phone service was not brought to our attention upon check-in and although I cannot imagine they were not aware of the tour groups loudness and running aaround ( they were running around the entire complex) he stated that he could not do anything about that. Also, the tour group propped opened secured doors. This is not the hotel to stay unless you want poor service. I will travel the extra distance to around the Hershey attractions or to the turnpike exit to stay the next time we visit this area. It is not worth your time or money.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank calcat3
Thank you for your review and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have had during your stay. First lets get to the point we have mutual agreement on: 1. Back when the hurricane hit east coast, it took our phone system out for a short time, you just so happened to be staying here while we were transitioning to installing a new system which takes a few weeks after ordering it. We have had a BRAND NEW one installed since. Everything else you mentioned are fortunately not representative of our property. We never reuse another guest's used lotion/soaps/shampoos, it is not worth the liability on a commodity that has virtually very little value and can be easily replaced. We repeatedly position ourselves as a family style-franchised operation. What that means to our guest is that we are a local Inn that offers all the amenities as an economy franchise hotel with a family style environment. Our guests know the Innkeepers by their names and we want to keep it that way. We are very reasonably priced without any pricey bells and whistles. A unique and simple clothing rach under the TV stand, rare to find anywhere these days, adds to the local hershey Inn than a fancy closet available at anywhere. Both serve the same purpose: hanging your clothes, but here you get the 'Hershey' feel. Once again, I want to personally extend my apologies for the inconvenience you faced during a group which may have disturbed you. We will look into that further as guest privacy and comfort is uncompromised, and prevent any future occurrences. Thank you once again for bringing some things to our attention.
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Worst hotel ever. Enter rooms when you are not there, even when you request no maid service. When I complained I was told I should've told them at check in because staff does not speak English. Nasty and not accommodating. Would rather sleep on a park bench.

• Stayed August 2011
ScottHer07, Manager at Cocoa Country Inn at Hershey, responded to this review, August 30, 2011
1. This review should be removed as the reviewer has opinionated bias for writing this. Regardless, we thank you for taking the time to write this review. Every room has DO NOT DISTURB signs, how come none was placed on the door? You also had the option of calling the Front Desk to notify you didn't want housekeeping.
2. Looking at your actions, we should have charged you for smoking in a non-smoking room! The sign upon check-in clearly states 100% Non-Smoking Facility! Can we hold you responsible if a guest walked into the room and had an allergic reaction to the smoke? Because of your actions, we had to completely refresh the room including a professional shampoo to the carpets.
Dear ma'm, please be sincere in your comments about facilities (not just ours, but any service facility) in the future, it really demoralizes the staff in striving to do their best. My perspective is only to challenge your viewpoint and get you to realize that regardless of who is working the desk, we are all Americans! From this day forward, if a guest of your caliber shows up to our doorstep, my staff is now advised to hold their ground, do what is necessary, and take it as a bad pill to swallow. I wish you all the best for the future!