Review Highlights

More Info
from $110.00
More Info
1,011 results
All reviews prairie dogs nice zoo suggested route bald eagles smaller zoo black beans free admission exhibits reptiles ocelot habitat park falcon employees roller coasters
Reviewed 3 days ago

This is a small zoo, but worth a visit! We just went in November, so not as much hustle and bustle. The animals you can see up close and, to us, they look very happy and well taken care of! It's a nice trail through the suggested route and we so enjoyed it during our stay in Hershey.

Reviewed 3 days ago

I couldn't help but title this review this way because this is a compact, but wonderful zoo. As with everything else in Hershey, the zoo is well laid out, the animals seem content, and well cared for, and the staff seem quite thrilled to be working there. One could visit this place in an hour, if you don't take the time to check out each area at length. If you take your time, give yourself a couple of hours, at least.
The zoo also has an educational facility, which is used quite frequently for visitors and school groups. The price is worth the visit, and I think you'll enjoy seeing the various animals in what looks very much like their natural habitat.
Of course, when you're done visiting here, there's the rest of Hershey Park to enjoy as well, not to mention the wonderful eateries nearby.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very nice and small zoo, not a lot of animals, but you can see them all very closely. Workers are very helpful and welcoming.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Been here a few times (season pass) and pop in for a quick walk around each time. Still haven’t seen it all, and kids enjoying learning about the animals each time we come.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's a little depressing walking through this zoo. It's nice to see the animals, but some are in cages that seem too small for them.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have taken the kids here several times. We buy the package with the Hershey park tickets for the Christmas in Hershey. There are a glod mix of different animals, and the kids always have a good time.

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

The zoo is part of Hershey Park though I think it does have a separate entrance if you want to do it alone. They're on a lot of exhibits but which ones they do have are pretty nice. A little Zoo not very big but quaint.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

This zoo is very small. We are members to a different zoo, luckily, bc it made this zoo half price. I would have been very disappointed to have paid full price. The habitats are good and the animals seem well taken care of. If going to this zoo as a part of Hersheypark it is well worth it, but as a stand alone zoo, I’d say skip it unless trying to find something quick to do.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

My daughter read the book The One and Only Ivan about a Gorilla that was captured and put on display at a mall or something ( I haven’t read it). She said this zoo reminds her of that book! Basically we found much of this zoo incredibly depressing and downright cruel with many animals especially the cats pacing most of the time. The Wolf was right by a very loud ride, in fact many of the animals could hear loud noise from the amusement park. There was one cat ( an ocelot maybe) that was kept in a dark room with no room to run, a mountain lion in a small pen when I suspect they need much more space.
I’m not against zoos as I believe they can be a great way to show people animals they’d never see and thereby hopefully inspire protecting them but I just can’t see how this one can be accredited as properly handling animals. I’m certainly not a qualified professional in animal behavior or zoo practices but I’ve been to enough zoos to know this is by far the worst zoo I’ve ever seen. They do a fine job with the smaller animals and as others have said a few exhibits are better maintained but they shouldn’t be allowed to have the bigger animals in my opinion, not without more room. We actually left depressed. If you truly love animals I would not suggest you visit this zoo but rather write a letter to whatever organization accredited them to ask them what they were thinking.

1  Thank Excursion821077
Reviewed September 20, 2018

So to start off - this is Zoo-America which means that the animals within this zoo are all native to North America. We don't have elephants, polar bears or hippos in North America, so don't expect to see any here.

What you will see are some exhibits with native animals you may have in your local area back home - for us it was black bear, copperheads, white tailed deer, eastern diamondback rattlesnakes, and wild turkeys and vultures.

What was cool for us to see were the wolves, bald eagles, bobcat and the badgers.

This is a smaller zoo and also a rescue zoo, so some of the animals that come to ZooAmerica have been rescued from the wild where they would otherwise have not survived due to injuries.

Expect your tour to take between 45 minutes to 1.5 hours to see everything depending upon how fast you walk and how long you linger at the different exhibits.