“Mediocre Dinner” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hershey Grill at the Hershey Lodge

The Hershey Grill at the Hershey Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hershey Grill at the Hershey Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 84 Restaurants in Hershey
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Focused on culinary details and creative flavor combinations, there is something unique at every meal.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Mediocre Dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Dined here for dinner while staying at the Hershey Lodge for a business meeting. The restaurant is not very large and can get crowded very quickly. The menu had changed since I was last here. I noted that there were not as many seafood options on the menu. I went with two colleagues. We were seated very quickly and our server was very prompt and attentive. We had the bruschetta appetizer and it was excellent. It was a large thick slice of olive loaf bread that was topped with melted cheese, a creamy sauce, diced tomatoes, capers and shaved parmesan cheese. Unfortunately, our meals were not as good as the appetizer. I had the Seafood Gemelli Pasta. It was drowning in the white wine sauce and lacked taste. A friend had the meatloaf that was very light in color and looked extremely dry. Another friend had the Schnitzel. It was over cooked and crunchy and was served with the same type of corkscrew pasta that I received with my dish. The quality and selection of menu items has gone down since my last visit here. I will probably not return the next time I'm at the Lodge for a business event. Definitely needs improvement. The restaurant could also use a makeover. It is not very inviting and has a cold feeling to it.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Judd W

Clive, Iowa
“A pleasant lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

We ate on the patio sometime after the lunch rush as it was a pleasant day. Food arrived promptly. I had the pastrami, wife had the bacon, avocado, lettuce and tomato sandwich, son had a burger. I especially enjoyed the BALT. wuth a beer, we got out for under $40.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“The abive average food isnt worth enduring the horrible service from Hostess and Server.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

Came in for breakfast was not very busy. We were never greated by the hostess and manager that was at the door. They sat two people that came in after us. When I asked the hostess if we could be seated she was rude and non apologetic. Server Kyle forgot my coffee....no creamers when it did come and when serving my husbands orange juice he spilled it all over the table and then never cleaned it up. My 3 year olds pancaes were swimming in butter and brought my husband eggs over easy platter, but he ordered eggs benedict, potatoes were kind of mushy....I had the salmon and Spinach omelet and was actually fantastic...coffee was very good once it was served finally, strong rich flavor. Probably wont go back.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Pennsylvania
“Good but noisey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We had the vegetable omelets which were excellent but the patotoes were terrible. Do not go during the summer and Hershey Park Tourist Season. A lot of families with children. Very difficult to hold a conversation because of the noise level. Visit this restaurant in the 'off season.'

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
“WOW! Excellent menu choices, served quickly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

We arrived at the Hershey Grill (stayed at the Lodge) very late, very tired, very hungry. Having been disappointed with food at Hersheypark, we were not anticipating that great a meal. We were pleasantly surprised. Not only was the food great, but was cooked to order, and delivered by the nicest waiter, Jim. He treated us like we were the first people he served that day, instead of the last! We arrived at 9:30 p.m. after waiting 45 minutes for the shuttle back to the Lodge. Kudos to the chef and the staff!

Visited August 2013