“Good Food, Disappointing new Decor”

The Hershey Grill at the Hershey Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hershey Grill at the Hershey Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 89 Restaurants in Hershey
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Focused on culinary details and creative flavor combinations, there is something unique at every meal.
Reviewed June 3, 2013

New decor and new menu with lower prices. Disappointed in the new decor. Will miss the quaint little circular booths -- the main reason we used to go here. Stopped in for a lunch with work friends -- food is good (love the bun on the burger!), prices average, nice outside patio dining. Not the first place I think of going. Small menu with not a lot of things I would choose (I usually just get the burger). Not as good as before the refurb.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I had dinner twice at the Hershey Grill during my stay last month. The first started out as a solo dinner where I eventually was joined by colleagues, and the second was with our group the last night of our meeting. Both meals were terrific. The Grill menu is not huge, but has enough variety to suit our group. A big plus was my server Jim, an experienced professional who did a great job at the first dinner, and was requested as our server for the group dinner. Folks at Hershey are very customer-oriented. Food was delicious both times. The pairing of experienced and new servers worked very well here.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Texas Style Meatloaf -- a winner at our table. Mashed potatoes? Ditto.
I let our waitress do my burger -- "surprise me with toppings -- just make sure it's medium." "Fries?" "Sure" Sweet potato or regular?" Surprise me. She nailed it.

At first we were told that there was a 1 hour wait (really? not a soul in line, and no one hanging about?) The hostess gave us a pager and we promptly hit the bar down in the lodge. The bartender called to let her know we were there b/c our pager was out of range. 25 minutes later, our table was ready. AND it was a wonderful, fun, delicious, homey meal.

Thank you, Hershey management, for being so accommodating! We love you, and we WILL BE BACK!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Food was great - portions were large and reasonably priced. This is a great place if you want a place to dine with kids. If the service were better I'd have had a great experience - our server seemed to provide diner style service...without the attentiveness. I will go back, it may have been the server.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was a little late getting seated at around 8:30 pm. not busy and was seated and ordered a small filet with sweet potato fries and mixed vegies . Served quickly and the steak was very good cooked just right, med rare and the fries and vegies were also very good. Only draw back from enjoying a nice quiet dinner was a group of six noisy adult and four kids who were seated right next to me, so much for quiet, other than that I would eat here again. It is part of the hotel although you have to go outside to get there