“Great Service”

Howard Johnson Inn Hershey
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
“Great Service”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Manager Larry Shaikh knows customer service and he was superb. He very helpful and went out of his way to make our stay pleasant. He provided directions to one of the attractions and was spot on. We will call on him again in future trips to the Hershey area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Victor M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Philadelphia
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Our group visited Hershey recently for a "girl's weekend". We stayed at the Howard Johnson Inn and were very pleased with the overall experience. The service was outstanding. The inn is located near Hershey's main attractions. Convenient parking was offered. The pricing is very reasonable. The manager (Larry Shaikh) was outstanding. Larry did everything possible to make sure our stay was enjoyable. My mother forgot an item in our room. We did not realize it until we had returned home. We called the inn and Larry was tremendous. He located the item and shipped it to our house. We received it the very next day! My mother was so thrilled. Thank you Larry for your outstanding customer service. Larry even gave us a follow up call to be sure we had received the item. We will be back for the 2015 girl's weekend.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Paulsboro
Reviewed March 31, 2014

This hotels idea of handicap accesable is to have handicapped parking space by the front desk. There were no grab bars in the bathrooms. Despite my specifically requesting a handicapped room when I called the hotel to make my reservation I was told there would be no problem. He said he would have to move me up to the bigger more expensive room with two beds. I also asked for the single room room which showed a sofa in it. Often I cannot sleep laying down and have to sleep sitting up. So he told not to worry there would be a large comfortable chair. When I got to the hotel I could barely manuver the hallways in my power chair. When I got to the room the bathroom had a tub. There were a couple of cheap chairs in the room. There were no grab rails for the tub or toilet. I sat on one of the beds and it fell to the floor. The mattress was on the rails with no support under it. When I called to complain I was given a one bed room. The room was freezing. I turned the heat up to 80 degrees and iit still never got warm. The room was a wiffle ball. The was an unmended rip across the top of the comforter. The chair in the room was stained and had dust bunnies or something in the cracks. This room had a walk in shower but again no safety rails or even anti-slip strips on the floor of the stall. When using the toilet because of the lack of hand grips my knee buckled and I fell to the floor. The bathroom was tiny and anyone needing to use a walker or wheelchair would be in serious trouble.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Charles Q

Travelers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Overall, I had an Amazing stay!! The hotel is really nice and the management was Great!! The General Manager Larry Shaikh was really helpful and did whatever he could to make sure I enjoyed my stay. His customer service was superb!! The room was clean, comfortable and well equipped. This place is convenient to every thing and the price is very reasonable!! The continental breakfast was also really good!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hershey
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Very disappointed with our stay at Howard Johnsons! First of all our toilet didn't work as soon as we arrived. After two visits from the person on duty, he just left the plunger in our room. It overflowed in the morning with nothing in it! Our bathroom was flooded and we had to clean it up. Secondly, it is suppose to be non-smoking,, but people smoked outside our room a couple of time and the smoke lingered in our room the whole night....causing my asthma to start and needing to use my inhalers. Finally, they did refund half of our bill....which was nice....but we ended up also missing the breakfast since we were planning to go at 8:00 but had to clean up the bathroom mess and didn't get there until well after 10:00.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

4 Thank Sandra K
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The staff was great. The room was clean, comfortable and well equipped. And the price was reasonable. This place is convenient to every thing and quiet when you want to rest.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo