“Nice Family Run Motel”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
New Jersey
“Nice Family Run Motel”
Reviewed July 12, 2008

We stayed at the White Rose overnight after going to a concert at the Hershey Arena. The motel was a very neat and clean, family run business. The room was comfortable, with cable TV, and good A/C. The beds were also in good shape and were very comfortable. We were most impressed with the the owners - nice people that clearly loved what they did and it showed. They also told us the best place to park and walk to the arena so we could avoid the traffic when leaving the concert. Will definately go back to the White Rose when we visit Hershey again.

• Liked — Freindly Staff
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Richmond, VT
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We checked in late on a Sunday night, and the phone was ringing and it was storming outside, the lady at the desk handed me a registration card and the key to my room and told me to fill it out, and come back later to pay, or wait and pay when I checked out, she then proceeded to answer the phone, and then run out in the storm to close the pool and make sure nothing blew away. I was impressed in this day and age that she trusted me to come back to pay for my room. I went to my room and got my stuff unloaded. The room is a little old fashioned, but clean, and the bed was comfortable. I went back over to the office a little later to pay, and asked about Hershey Park, she told me about a local grocery store that sold tickets at a discount and gave me directions on how to get there, turns out they were also giving a coupon to pay fro parking, so I saved enough money on my tickets to pay for a night at the motel! The stay was uneventful, we enjoyed the pool, and the wireless internet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — No food close by
Grafton
Reviewed July 6, 2008

My family of five just stayed in Room 7. Our stay was as pleasant as it could be. The staff was extremely friendly and the morning free coffee was fun. We had fun meeting other travelers. The field in the back was perfect for children-even has fireflies. The pool was so refreshing after a long, hot, crowded day at HersheyPark!!! Would recommend staying here.

port jefferson station, ny
Reviewed July 4, 2008

i just came back from hershey and we stayed at the white rose motel. this is our third time staying there. very clean motel. just minutes from hershey park. staff is very friendly.

• Liked — very clean and close to hershey park
DisneyDawn1012
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We had stayed at the White Rose Motel and I was pretty disappointed in my stay especially after reading all of the wonderful reviews on TripAdvisor. We had gotten an upstairs room, which was SOOO SMALL! There was a large spider web on the door frame that my husband had walked into. The room itself was pretty clean. The beds were VERY uncomfortable and lumpy. The bathroom was extremely small and upon our arrival we had found little hairs in the bottom of our bath tub. The bathroom reminded me of one that you would find in a jail cell. The towels were sooo hard that my son had gotten a rash after using them and the towels also reaked of bleach. The most obvious "luxury" of this motel is the convience of it's location. Everything else down to the pool right on the main road pretty much is what you would expect from a one star motel. The staff was sooo rude and unhelpful. The owner kept making nasty comments to us. It seemed as if everything you did bothered them. Definately not what I would expect from their very proudly advertised "family owned" motel. I can't even say you get what you pay for in this case because we paid what you would pay for a much nicer hotel that could come with some more benefits and amenties than a pool that is on a main road and stale coffee. Please just do yourself a favor and STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE !!!

• Liked — The Location
  • Disliked — The Staff
2 Thank DisneyDawn1012
baltimore, md
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Tired of cookie cutter, bland chain motels? Then this is the place for you. It was a refreshing step back in time for our family when we recently stayed here for 3 nights. It is a friendly, family run operation and they do a great job making you feel at home. The room, while not luxurious (please keep your expectations in check), was extremely clean and functional. Probably one of the cleanest bathrooms I have ever seen in a motel room. And this may sound silly, but the bathroom had a window. I can't remember the last time I stayed in any place where the bathroom had a window. It made it seem brighter and airier. The fridge came in handy big time and was larger than average. Used the free coffee pot every morning. If you didn't feel like fixing it yourself the motel provided free coffee downstairs every day. Didn't use the microwave but I could see where it would be handy. The pool was not large but we had it to ourselves almost every day which made it feel like our private pool. The motel provided diving sticks and rings and those float noodles which was a nice touch. If you like to pull your car right up to your room then this is another great feature at this motel. And, sometimes, when I stay in a hotel room with no balcony I feel trapped. But at the White Rose Motel, every room has a chair and table right outside your door for sitting and relaxing and watching the world go by. I loved that part about the motel. Good, solid, unpretentious accomodations and probably one of the best bargains in Hershey!

Cortlandt Manor, New York
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I normally like to stick to "name brand" hotels because with privately owned motels, you never seem to know exactly what you're going to get. After reading the reviews on this website about the White Rose, and seeing the prices the other hotels were charging, I decided to take a chance and booked two nights for my family. We were very, very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spectacularly clean - not so much as a stray hair anywhere. The beds were comfy and the refrigerator and microwave were a nice touch. The pool was a decent size and clean, and the staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. After spending $11 for a hot dog platter in the Park, it's nice to see there are bargains in Hershey. This is a great spot!

• Stayed June 2008