White Rose Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rio Motel(Hershey)
View Hotel
All reviewshershey parkrocking chairsdvd playerroom was spotlesscoffee makerfridge and microwavewould definitely stay here againheated poolbeds were comfortablea great staynice poolflat screen tvfirst floorchocolate avenuestayed nightsnice sizeminute drive
Reviewed June 27, 2008

I normally like to stick to "name brand" hotels because with privately owned motels, you never seem to know exactly what you're going to get. After reading the reviews on this website about the White Rose, and seeing the prices the other hotels were charging, I decided to take a chance and booked two nights for my family. We were very, very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were spectacularly clean - not so much as a stray hair anywhere. The beds were comfy and the refrigerator and microwave were a nice touch. The pool was a decent size and clean, and the staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. After spending $11 for a hot dog platter in the Park, it's nice to see there are bargains in Hershey. This is a great spot!

Reviewed June 25, 2008

Stay the week of June 9-13, use the motel website to reserve the room back in March, which was quick & EZ . Check in around 3pm whick took about 1 minute, we left special instruction on the need of close caption for the TV which was quickly done, also the day we check in it was in the mid 90's (temp) & humid and the room AC was already on as we walk in which was a nice surprise. Mrs Grimm gave us quick info on on the area & where the local supermarket(GIANT) was, so with the nice size refrig we stock up on snacks & beverages. This was the CLEANEST motel i ever stay in, room was given a quick clean everyday while we were out. The motel were well kept & we really enjoy the pool the last 2 day while we were there. had Menu's in room of a few places that will deliver to the motel plus they kept local resturaant menu's for you to look at which also was a help. Me & the Mrs love watching the sun go down while we rock in the two rocking chairs that were outside in front of our room ( each room has 2 i think) was a very relaxing stay. As for outside noise there was very little in any, did not even hear cars pull up in front ( we were on first floor room #1) I HIGHLY recommend the WHITE ROSE

Reviewed June 19, 2008

We stayed at the White Rose Motel from June 7-11, 2008. I called the motel directly to set up our reservations and was impressed by the friendliness of the staff. Our check-in and check-out went quickly and simply. The room was larger than we were expecting and very clean. The size of the refrigerator was a nice surprise, as well. I loved having a window in the bathroom to let in some natural light, as most hotel rooms are so dark. Housekeeping was efficient and reliable. Having access to menus of local restaurants was helpful. We enjoyed using the pool.

Since we were on the first floor, I was concerned about noise from car doors outside, but we did not have any problem with noise. The rooms are solid and quiet. It was insanely hot while we were there, but the AC worked well and kept our room comfortable.

The staff was helpful, friendly, and accommodating. We would recommend the White Rose and will stay there again the next time we are in the area.

2  Thank tennisfamily13
Reviewed June 11, 2008

I recently spent 3 nights at the White Rose Motel and they couldnt have been more comfortable. The accomodations were terrific. I didnt want a 'chain' hotel atmosphere and this was the best! I tend to patronize 'the little guy' and while this was a small motel it was totally worth it and made the 'big guys' pale in comparison!
The room was spectacularly clean, and quiet. I didnt hear any road noise or noise from other guests. The microwave, refrigerator and dvd/vcr were great extra's.
The BEST thing however were the owners. They couldnt have been more accomodating. Very nice and helpful. Super travel guides with great recommedations for dining and shopping!
I would not hesitate to stay here again and again!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Michstamps
Reviewed May 11, 2008

At roughly $80 per night (with the AAA discount), you obviously haven't paid for much more than the basics, and the White Rose Motel delivers a little more than that. The rooms and bathrooms were very clean; the check-in & check-out process was efficient.

The only odd thing I noticed is that I was charged for my entire stay up front when I checked in, which I found a little odd. It wasn't a big deal, though.

Where the White Rose Motel goes above the basics is that nice microwave oven and refrigerator provided in the room. The fridge is significantly larger than your typical mini-fridge. If you were staying for a week, you could probably go to the grocery store and stock up well-enough to eat most meals in your room.

We were only staying for the weekend, so we didn't need to do that, but I could see how that could come in handy in that situation where you were trying to avoid the costs of eating out on an extended vacation.

I also liked the fact that they made the effort to get real menus from each of the local restaurants, so you could use those to decide where you wanted to eat. They also have a laundry room on site that we didn't use, but that might also be helpful for some folks travelling with kids.

I'd say the White Rose Motel is one of the best values in Hershey, but you obviously shouldn't be expecting the services that you get in Marriott/Sheraton/Hyatt kind of hotel.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple