“first time at hershey”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
North Baltimore, Ohio, United States
“first time at hershey”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Found it on trip advisor stayed 2 nights the room was so nice & clean. We loved the fall decorations & the lady was very helpful telling us where the sites were. If we go back to Hershey we will stay here again. Close to every thing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ford351m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My daughter was getting married in the Hershey area. Instead of descending on my mom who lives in the town next door, we asked her to recommend a place for us and all the family to stay. She recommended the White Rose Motel. We checked it out and spoke with the “woman who knows what’s going on” She showed us a room and we told her we would probably need about 15 rooms. The wedding was on Labor Day and we arrived from NY on the Thursday before. The local kids are already in school for two weeks so it is considered off season but for NY and NJ kids it is the last weekend of freedom. We were given room 8 which is in the wing that runs perpendicular to the road. My wife was on crutches from an accident and room 8 was on the ground floor. By the time we got unpacked and came back out to the car there was a reserved parking sign for room 8 in front of our parking space!! The room was spacious and had a refrigerator, microwave and hair dryer. The “woman who knows what is going on” suggested to my wife since it was tough for her to stand that we take one of the outdoor chairs and place it in the shower. By the weekend of the wedding at least 15 rooms were taken up by people going to the wedding. I did not hear anyone have complaint with their rooms or service. The beds were comfortable and it seems that they are slowly changing the rooms over to flat screen tv’s. I know the maid of honor’s room had one. There is a laundry on premise and a nice little area with tables and chairs between the two wings where you can hang out. Yes it is not a chain, so you are not going to get a “cookie cutter” breakfast like at HI express. But you can go down the road to the Hershey Pantry to eat with the other “touristas” or better, head east down 422 to The Filling Station which is where the locals go. The pool, which unfortunately I did not get to use, I was told was great. I would highly recommend this hotel. As for the “woman who knows what’s going on” comment, in the office behind the counter is a sign “Do you want to talk to the man in charge or the woman who knows what’s going on”, at this hotel I would definitely talk to the woman who knows what’s going on. As for cost this hotel was a lot cheaper than any of the chains in the area.

Room Tip: The rooms in the perpendicular wing are probably quieter but I didn't hear anyone complain about...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Chris C
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 2, 2012 via mobile

Room was clean. Beds were comfortable. Bathroom was a little small but clean. Nice pool which was open until 10. we stayed over one night to go to Hershey. Location was close to Hershey. Would stay again

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Donna C
Smithtown, New York
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We selected this motel after reading the other traveler reviews, and we were very happy with our stay. We visited Hersheypark, and were just looking for a nice clean place to rest our heads after a long day at the park. Even from the outside, you can tell it is very well kept. The rooms are very clean, and that is all we were looking for. We are easy going travelers, and didn't need any "bells and whistles". This was a perfect play for us to stay - only minutes from Hersheypark, and down the road from the Hershey Pantry, which has the BEST breakfast in Hershey!

1 Thank Ellen F
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. Very solid stay. Overall clean rooms, air conditioner worked very well and good pressure in the shower. Beds were not the most comfortable, but pretty much expected that. We also liked the chairs outside of our rooms which allowed us to sit with friends of ours outside while our kids were in bed. Also very close to the park and just about everything was just a few minutes ride. The pool was great, kids loved it and it was open nit. 10pm. Overall I would recommend this for a short stay.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you have a difficult time climbing stairs ask for a ground flor room.
2 Thank Jim C
Arkansas
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed at the White Rose Motel for two night when we stopped to go to Hershey Park on our way to New York state. We had never been to Hershey, so I picked where to stay based on the reviews. I was a little worried with it being a motel and all (not had the greatest experiences at some) but it turned out great. It was definitely much more reasonably priced than the other hotels in the area. The motel was older but it was extremely clean and well maintained. We swam in the pool one evening and it was very clean as well. It has a laundry room which I was very greatful for. The ladies at the front desk were very nice and helpful, giving us maps of the area and even telling us where to go to get discounted tickets to Hershey Park. I even recieved a call a couple of hours after leaving notifying me that my daughter left a pair of shoes. They were nice enough to pay to have them shipped to me and let me reimburse them once they arrived. Something I really appreciated. Great value, very clean, good location...would definitely stay again.

2 Thank rinnys
Virginia
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My daughter and I needed a nice place to stay for a one day visit to Hersheypark. After looking at the reviews, we chose this motel and was not disappointed. It is conveniently located to the park and we could not beat the price for the Summer. We took advantage of the pool when we arrived and it was clean and lots of fun (even with a 6-foot "deep end"). Staff was very friendly and the entire atmosphere had a "home" feel to it. Rooms were clean & comfortable. Loved the landscaping and you can tell they maintained the property as if it was their home.

1 Thank GoBuffaloGo