“Nice clean place to rest your head!”
Review of White Rose Motel

White Rose Motel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Smithtown, New York
“Nice clean place to rest your head!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We selected this motel after reading the other traveler reviews, and we were very happy with our stay. We visited Hersheypark, and were just looking for a nice clean place to rest our heads after a long day at the park. Even from the outside, you can tell it is very well kept. The rooms are very clean, and that is all we were looking for. We are easy going travelers, and didn't need any "bells and whistles". This was a perfect play for us to stay - only minutes from Hersheypark, and down the road from the Hershey Pantry, which has the BEST breakfast in Hershey!

1 Thank Ellen F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here for two nights. Very solid stay. Overall clean rooms, air conditioner worked very well and good pressure in the shower. Beds were not the most comfortable, but pretty much expected that. We also liked the chairs outside of our rooms which allowed us to sit with friends of ours outside while our kids were in bed. Also very close to the park and just about everything was just a few minutes ride. The pool was great, kids loved it and it was open nit. 10pm. Overall I would recommend this for a short stay.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you have a difficult time climbing stairs ask for a ground flor room.
2 Thank Jim C
Arkansas
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed at the White Rose Motel for two night when we stopped to go to Hershey Park on our way to New York state. We had never been to Hershey, so I picked where to stay based on the reviews. I was a little worried with it being a motel and all (not had the greatest experiences at some) but it turned out great. It was definitely much more reasonably priced than the other hotels in the area. The motel was older but it was extremely clean and well maintained. We swam in the pool one evening and it was very clean as well. It has a laundry room which I was very greatful for. The ladies at the front desk were very nice and helpful, giving us maps of the area and even telling us where to go to get discounted tickets to Hershey Park. I even recieved a call a couple of hours after leaving notifying me that my daughter left a pair of shoes. They were nice enough to pay to have them shipped to me and let me reimburse them once they arrived. Something I really appreciated. Great value, very clean, good location...would definitely stay again.

2 Thank rinnys
Virginia
Reviewed August 25, 2012

My daughter and I needed a nice place to stay for a one day visit to Hersheypark. After looking at the reviews, we chose this motel and was not disappointed. It is conveniently located to the park and we could not beat the price for the Summer. We took advantage of the pool when we arrived and it was clean and lots of fun (even with a 6-foot "deep end"). Staff was very friendly and the entire atmosphere had a "home" feel to it. Rooms were clean & comfortable. Loved the landscaping and you can tell they maintained the property as if it was their home.

1 Thank GoBuffaloGo
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The White Rose Motel is a very well maintained property. The rooms were spotless and the staff is very helpful. I stayed here this past week with my family as well as two years ago. The pool is really great and the beds were also very comfortable. This past stay they also provide free Wifi. I would recommend this place for anyone visiting Hershey, PA.

1 Thank KHy123
Somerdale, New Jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2012

My husband, daughter, and I spent the night at the White Rose on August 19. We were greeted warmly by a very nice woman at the reception desk. She kindly recommended a delicious restaurant (Funke's) and provided us with maps.

We had a second floor room that was very clean. If found the bed to be very comfortable, and the bathroom was nicely appointed. While it was small, a high window let in so much light that it made it very cheery. I kept thinking that we left the bathroom light on, but it was just the sunshine! The shower was energetic, and the towels were plentiful.

The room was equipped with a refrigerator, microwave, and a 4 cup coffee maker. I don't usually like to use the coffee makers in hotels, but this one seemed very clean. Regardless, the staff put out coffee and tea in the morning so there was no need to brew my own.

The heated pool was a sparkling blue and well-maintained. There were towels at poolside so there was no need to bring them from the room. This motel is located on Chocolate Avenue, so it is a busy street. However, that makes it close to everything. I really did not notice the street noise as my room was at the far end from the street.

This motel is a pleasant, updated tribute to the road trips of my childhood. I very much enjoyed the clean, quiet accommodations and the tiny touches that were homey (stenciled roses in the interior hallway, rose railings, wooden benches outside of the rooms). It seemed very much a family place. I felt very safe there and would definitely stay there on my next trip to Hershey.

Thank you to the Grimms for providing an affordable, lovely gem...ahem...rose in the garden of our travels. Kudos!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far end away from the street.
2 Thank Juliann65
Cranston, Rhode Island, USA
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed with my 9 & 14 yr old for last minute Hershey park trip and was nervous about staying in a MOTEL but this place was cleaner and more organized than most resort and hotels which cost twice as much. Check in was effortless and pleasant and the woman gave us great info about visiting the park. The rooms are extremely clean and well maintained ( trust me I'm a germaphobe). The bathroom, although small, was clean without a speck of mildew or mold. The pool was soo clean and secluded despite being on a main road it was surrounded by manicured gardens and the grounds are neat and well maintained. This motel went above and beyond any other motel and should definitely hold its spot as no.2 on the best place to stay. The price is great and the location is perfect. Will stay again next time I visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family