“Hersey's finest”
Review of White Rose Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
White Rose Motel
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel. Right outside of town. Best location for the park etc.. Here to see Joyce Meyer @ the arena .
Very clean, nice people, very helpful. I will tell everyone to stat here.. Pool clean and safe.. Price is good, room 14 look at the pool.. And on the 2fl. Towards end very nice. :)

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Dwcerino

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Just got back home and must say I had a great time . Motel was very clean and comfortable at a very reasonble price . This is a family owned Motel and you can tell they take pride in their place, not only the rooms but pool was spotless as well . I would definetly stay here again , also very close to park.Do yourself a favor and have breakfast at Hershery pantry 1/4 mile up road pancakes are bigger than the plate! My Thanks to the White Rose Motel

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Tony C
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Rather than stay in the motel itself and needing two rooms, we rented one of their "cottages." It was a two-bedroom brick house with a full kitchen, bath, living room and dining area. It was perfect to have some space to move around and privacy for all of us.

The cottage was absolutely spotless when we arrived, which made me feel comfortable right away. The pool is also pristine. Although we didn't use them, there is a locked ice machine and a locked laundry room which can be opened with your room key.

My only complaints are that when my husband called to make the reservation he was asked how old our children were (17, 19 and 20) and he was quoted a price. When we checked in and they asked how old our children were we were told that since they were all considered adults they had to add $20 per night because the original quote only included 3 adults. Not sure why they weren't adults when the reservation was made a week earlier, but we paid the difference without complaint. Unfortunately, our additional $40 didn't even get us and extra foil packet of shampoo during our stay.

Maid service didn't include making the beds, which my kids didn't really care about, but I found odd (I had made the bed myself in my bedroom). And the one amenity that we really could have used was the free wi-fi, which apparently doesn't reach the cottages.

The location is very convenient to Hershey Park and the woman who checked us in was very friendly and accommodating offering maps and restaurant recommendations. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. I wish I could add half a star to this review, but four will have to do.

Room Tip: If you're traveling with a family, ask if a cottage is available to give you more space than a t...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
MotelOwnerHershey_PA, Owner at White Rose Motel, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thanks for your nice comments about our property.

We definitely misunderstood this guest when they made a reservation. We documented 2 adults and 3 children as coming. Had we known the "children" were adults, the correct rate would have been stated from the start. Upon checking in, the guest registered 5 adults which triggered the desk clerk to inquire about ages which brought about the rate change.

We really, really appreciate this guest paying the extra charges upon check in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to figure out how to more clearly document the housekeeping of the cottages prior to arrival. On our cottage efficiency webpage, there is a statement: "daily housekeeping includes fresh towels and trash removal." On our features/rates webpage, there is a blurb that free wireless internet network is in motel rooms, but not yet in cottages.

I am failing at my disclosure of important information to you, our guests. Perhaps a special cottage email confirmation is needed that is different from the one we send for motel rooms. I am going to have to figure this one out. Truthfully, the cost to get the wireless internet to the cottages is prohibitive at this time.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was our second stay at The White Rose Motel In Hershey and we had a great stay. This is a family owned motel close to all the attractions. The owners are all very nice and helpful. You will save so much money staying here vs. a hotel chain. Property and rooms very clean, very nice outdoor pool, restaurants, hersheypark, chocolate world and hershey museum all lees than 5 minutes away. Gettsyburg was about 50 miles away. We will definately stay here again if in the Hershey area. Thanks for a great stay!

1  Thank jmhron
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I realized when I booked the hotel that since you had to do it the old fashioned way and actually call to make a reservation, that they are an old school motel. It is dated, but kept up nice. The staff was very friendly and I would stay here again in a heart beat. The price was very reasonable considering it was peak tourist season. Nice to see a normal motel, it gets old staying at all the chains. Close to all the Hershey attractions.

Room Tip: Close to all the Hershey attractions
1  Thank Jjones22

Besides calling us to make a reservation, you can also visit our own website at whiterosemotel.com and book online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

When we only have a couple of rooms left, we remove them online so that we don't overbook rooms.

We haven't subscribed to online booking sites such as travelocity, etc. because we want to control our online reservations and ensure our motel stays family friendly (and peaceful and quiet at night!!).

Thanks for the nice comments.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is a great budget friendly motel in Hershey. The staff is friendly and knows everything there is to Hershey. The rooms are a little small, but extremely clean, also has a fridge and microwave. The beds have a double liner under the sheets. Very clean pool. Location is perfect...5 minute drive to Hershey Park. Great restaurants up and down the road...Hershey Pantry, The Filling Station, Wasabi Bistro, Pho Miss Saigon...seriously, all great restaurants. If you are on a budget, this is the place to stay. It may be no frills, but its clean and close to Hershey Park.

1  Thank BBChin
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was my third time in Hershey (first time with kids). My first two trips I stayed in different establishments that I did not want to return to (dirty!) The White Rose Motel is immaculate! I chose it based on the good reviews and was not disappointed. I also read the bad reviews and do not understand them. The furniture was not outdated, the staff was very friendly, and who cares if the pool is near the highway when it is surrounded by a fence and shrubs (my husband and son had a great time swimming in it).....I have to assume that some people are just never satisfied. I have done my share of traveling (hotels and motels) and this is probably the cleanest place I have ever stayed in. We needed a pack and play for my 1 year old to sleep in and it was like new. We will definitely stay at The White Rose on our future visits to Hershey. Thank you White Rose for a wonderful stay!

1  Thank Jamie M