“I would not stay in the Milton Inn for free.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
“I would not stay in the Milton Inn for free.”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The Milton Inn was very misleading in their pictures on their website. The outside was run down. There was not enough parking places. The room was dirty. The blanket had stains on it. The bathroom was missing a cover for the light. I paid over $400 for two nights but I could stay there after seeing the room. I asked to talk to the manager but he refused to talk with me. I decided to just forfeit the money and stay at another hotel. The desk clerk said the Milton Inn was being remodeled but that was not an excuse for a filthy room. I called Expedia to see about getting a refund. Expedia called the Milton Inn. They finally agreed to refund one night.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Kaseeg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My family and I made reservations to stay at the Milton Hotel. We informed them that we would be arriving some time after 8pm because of being at the park. When we arrived the night manager was very nice, showed us to our room and informed us that they were under construction. Upon entering the room the smell of cat urine was overwhelming. The bathroom fan sounded as if it was being ripped out of the ceiling. The layer of dust and hair on the lighting fixture over the counter eating area was disgusting. We contemplated staying, but my severe cat allergy forced us to leave. We asked the manager if we could get a refund for the night because there was no way we could stay and he informed us that someone would call us the next morning around 9am. We never received a call and when we continued to call back we were given a handful of excuses and then 3 days later they are no longer answering their calls.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kate M

Travelers are raving about these Hershey hotels

Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 5, 2013

There is nothing good I can say about this place. Reserved on booking.com for a reduced rate of $49 plus $10 for a roll away bed for 2 adults and 2 kids. The only reason we stayed is because we took a no cancellation rate. NEVER AGAIN WILL I MAKE THAT MISTAKE!!! First of all, at the end of our stay, they charged us $80 and some change, including for the roll away bed that we never got. They also tried to keep claiming we only reserved for 3 people instead of 4 even though I had a print out of the reservation confirmation. We were in a so called "non-smoking" room, and the next morning, we noticed ashes under the sheets in one of the beds. There were screw holes in the walls, which we also marked up and dirty. The shower and sink had no drain plugs. Plumbing is old, toilet barely flushes. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was thick with dust and evidence of previous smokers. The man at the front desk claimed they just replaced the carpet and beds that day. The carpet in the corner behind the door had a stain and there were cob webs in the same corner!! They have a sign that says coffee room which is literally non-existent. They tried to bill us a $2.00 credit card fee without any notification of any such fee which is not even legal!! Their so-called "free continental breakfast" consists of two kinds of cereal, a gallon of generic milk on the counter, and a container of orange juice with barely anything in it. The paint on the ceiling above the shower is peeling and falling down. The wall paper border in the room is falling off the wall. The towels had holes in them and so did the sheets. The shower itself was dirty, as were the faucet and spigot in the shower. The tv was so old it did not even have any ac connections to hook up my kids dvd player. The picture was fuzzy on it and the wall plate the wires connect to was hanging out of the wall. Behind the tv there was an adapter plugging in all the electrical components (tv, satellite box, lamps) which was over loaded and a fire hazard. The air conditioner was noisy and has a funny smell when you turn it on. I can't understand how this places website claims they have AAA 3 diamond rating. They are not even deserving of a one! The place is a total dump. I should have known better for the price since it was close to Hersheypark, but there were good reviews on here so I thought I would take a chance. I am writing this so no one else gets the unpleasant surprise I did. Pay more and stay somewhere else. Save yourself the headache and hard time.

Room Tip: I should have taken pictures to show how unbelievable terrible this place truly is but I was too tir...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tina529
NikhilMerchant, General Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We are sorry that your stay was unpleasant as is described on this review. We inspected the room that you stayed in with other members of the staff as we take every matter seriously. First of all the reservation came in as $59 & plus tax ( non-refundable ). There was a request for additional bed ( rollaway ) & the charges are posted as $10.00 per night additional. The REFUND was made to adjust the charges as rollaway bed was not provided. Truly saying we found two problems & that was missing sink drain plug & the a corner wallpaper border was coming off. The bathtub does not need drain plug , all you have to pull the knob upward in the tub. We are under going with major renovation of the property so we provide the best to our guests. Every room is being updated with new carpet & furniture. Also painting the rooms that are required.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to our guest Tina during their stay & we will take appropriate action so it will not happen again. We look forward to having you stay here in future & see Nick for extra discount . We assure you to have pleasant stay as we do our BEST to accomodate each guest with smile & respect. ( The Milton Motel Hershey will soon be a part of Choice Hotels & will be managed under "Rodeway Inn & Suites " of Hershey.
Thank you.
Management
Milton Motel Hershey
Future ( Rodeway Inn & Suites)
Vestal, New York, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We booked three rooms here for a weekend. All three rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff members were very helpful and answered all questions that we had. I returned home to find a message that I mistakenly left my watch and a pair of boots. The manager was more than happy to ship them to me

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tiffany S
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were here for wrestling championship last week & had 3 rooms for 2 nights. It was a perfect location & nice place without a doubt. Although they had furniture & carpet etc in one corner of the property outside but we were told that they were renovating entire place & so signs of apology posted for the appearance. Well. Whatever it may be, they were very courteous & helpful . Our rooms were clean & the beds were very comfortable. A nice Grille right next door is very convenient. Overall it was a nice stay & it is recommended to all tourists.
Peter J

• Stayed March 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I've had to stay in the Hershey area frequently for my job and have taken to exclusively staying here. Everything you need, a good selection of satellite channels on the TV. Friendly and helpful staff that genuinely seems to care about the quality of your stay. Some of the rooms are on the old side, but I see they management is preparing to do upgrades and renovations.
Good location as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank HooksOrpik
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stopped into Hershey and needed a place to stay for the weekend and found this motel because of the great price. I wasn't expecting it to be that nice but it really blew me away for the price. The room is spacious and clean and I have nothing to complain about. You can't beat the price either. I recommend the Milton to anyone!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Qdadderio
NikhilMerchant, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Well it was really nice to hear from you & we are glad to be able to meet your expectations. We are undergoing major rennovations & soon will find updated rooms. We hope to see you whenever you are in the area & need accomodation. You may be pleasantly surprised on your next visit.

Thanks again for staying with us here @ the Milton Motel Hershey....