“Good location and value”

Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Desk staff was helpful .. Was a good overall stay and I would use this place again. The maid service is a little sporadic but got the job done in any case. The location is excellent and central to the things to do in Hershey . The price is worth it for the location alone.

• Stayed: November 2012
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I wish I could give this place 0 stars but that's obviously not an option.

I made a reservation here online for a room with a full sized bed for 50.00. When I got there the lady at the front desk had no records of my reservation so I wrote down my info. She said she had a room with a King Sized, she showed me the room and it was NASTY, it SMELLED, the sheets and pillow cases looked liked they hadn't been washed in a while, the shower had dirt in it, the showerhead looked like it was missing, there were tiles from the roof missing..and worst of all the room was FREEZING!!! But you know what, I'm usually not picky and I just needed a cheap place to stay. So I said what the hell to it and said go ahead and charge me.

She wrote down all my info, and was about to charge me the rate of 69.00!!! Even though I had booked it for 50.00. . She said she was charging me more because it was a King. I argued with her and she said fine, and that she would show me the Full...when we got to the room, the bed covers weren't made, the tv was still on...the room had obviously not even been cleaned! So I said screw this and wanted to get the hell out of there, and she refused to give me my credit card back! finally after 20 minutes of arguing with her I just let her charge me 25.00 dollars for cancellation fee even though she lost my reservation originally!

Bottom line is, 25.00 dollars was well worth getting the hell out of that place. Save yourself some health and avoid that place at all costs. There is a Ramada and Candlewood suites 10 miles away in Harrisburg, just do that instead. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do yourself a favor and avoid this place at all costs.

Room Tip: Go to Harrisburg (10 miles away...ease drive). There are plenty of hotels there to pick from that a...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Biskit20
NikhilMerchant, Guest Relations Manager at Rodeway Inn & Suites Hershey, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Thank you for the review. We sincerely apologise for not having been able to accomodate you properly. The front desk clerk was a new person & was not able to find the reservation promptly. We are undergoing some rennovations & she probably showed the rooms that were getting some work done. She offered some upgraded room with king bed sleeper sofa which is priced between $69 & $119 per night. Unfortunately we were not able to convince you to stay & she had to charge a small cancellation fees. We regret for the experience you had with us & would like to make it up to you in future. Please stop by & check the rooms etc. , we assure you to have pleasant stay with a good discounted rate. Again we thank you for your input & we will make sure that it will not happen again.

Thanks very much.
Management
Milton Motel Hershey

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very decent price.. Very clean room...friendly staff. Great place to stay.. Relaxing room with microwave, free wifi, Hot water, Refrigerator. etc etc..Room was very clean and spacious. When i arrived staff was very helpful..

George

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My Mother and I stayed at the MILTON MOTEL in April of 2012 and when I asked her where she wanted to stay she said "Let's stay at MILTON's, because they were so nice". My Mother of 88 years young is not easily pleased. We are coming to Hershey during Thanksgiving week and of course we are staying at MILTON's. If my Mother was happy, that is really saying a lot about this motel. From my view point, it was very clean and comfortable. I recommend it to anyone that is staying in the Hershey area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2012

What do you expect for 37-38 dollars a night. It's 2012' gas is 4 bucks a gallon and you want to stay at the Trump Plaza for 37 bucks! Of course it's a dump, that's why it's 37 bucks! I'm a Harley rider and I stay at these dumps when I do long rides, it's part of the budget and fun. Cheapest place I stayed was 19 bucks, it's had holes in the walls and I could hear the prostitutes heads banging against the wall all night long. So today I'm staying at the Milton, hey $38 a night plus tax and some bogus 2 dollar charge that I didn't question because frankly I don't care. The sheets are clean, the roaches seem to be house broken because I don't see them out and about and I haven't seen a tv like this since I was growing up in Jersey back in the 60's, but it works and for 38 bucks this is exactly what I expected. So stop moaning and book a 300 dollar room if you want top of the line. Remember the old saying "you get what you pay for" - Shalom!

Room Tip: Bottom floor close to the street, keep your 9mm close by, you'll be ok
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Op4play
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I can't believe I there are some reviews that are positive on the Milton Motel in Hersey, PA. My family and I booked here because someone said it was a clean, cheap motel. Not sure what she was thinking, this place is gross. When we arrived we were creeped out immediately so I asked to see the room I booked. We drove around back to see that our room was upstairs, down a hallway with a stained carpet, dead stink bugs and right next to permanent residents. Yes, that's right, people live there- full time, not just a night or two - you can tell by the Halloween window decals. The deadbolt was broken, the sheets had a stain. I would have paid the cancellation fee and gone somewhere else, but everything was booked due to the 1/2 marathon. The owner showed us another room, which was better than the first so we took it. The chairs were stained and disgusting. We didn't let our bags/belongings touch anything that was cloth (floor, chairs). The sheets were clean in this room and we picked up the mattress to look for bugs - none. That was good. There was a big stain on the ceiling and peeling wallpaper. We stayed at the park as long as we could so we spent as little time as possible there. Oh, yeah, the TV didn't work and apparently that was a trend as there were other people in the the office complaining of the same and there was a dog in the room next to us. This was a $35/ night place, not $100/night. Never again!

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Marienjd
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We checked in this past Saturday to take our children to Hersheypark. We booked on priceline.com and was not given the option to select how many people were staying in the 2 rooms we booked. When we got to the counter, we told the woman how many people in each room and she charged us almost $70 more than priceline had stated. In trying to get me charged correctly she ended up voiding 2 separate transactions on my debit card (which automatically takes your money out but does not automatically go back in). The third swipe was declined and now I had to pay in cash. So all the cash that we brought to feed us, put gas in the car and go to Hersheypark now had to pay for the room. The rooms weren't as dirty as some of these reviews bug there was a smell in the hallway. The next morning I went to shower to find there was no hot water. Turns out there was hot water, but I had to turn the faucets to cold to get hot and vice versa. I had to go find someone to get extra towels for the kids. When we came back from the park we found that the maid had come. She took the wet towels but did not replace them. If you are going to be charged extra for people in the room, they should at least make sure that there are towels for everyone to use. The beds appeared to be made by my 5 year old, I'm not sure why the even bothered. The price of the continental breakfast is included in the room fee and is available from 7:30 and 9:30. The doors were locked all morning. I called the number on the door at 9:15 and the manager Nick called me back. I explained everything that had taken place and the fact that not only was the door locked but there was no food out! He told me that he would speak to the staff and credit my account. My sister forwarded him the photos of how the beds were made. Later that day on our way home, Nick texted my sister back to say that he fired the maid and credited my account $30. That's it! I will never stay at that motel again or would I suggest it to anyone I know. In reading these reviews the manager states that they have the carpets cleaned every 2 to 3 weeks and the in another states that they clean them 4 to 5 times a year. Honestly I don' t think he knows whether they are getting cleaned or not!

• Stayed: October 2012