“Very good food - in the little-known downtown area of Hershey”

The Chocolate Avenue Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The Chocolate Avenue Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 84 Restaurants in Hershey
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Lindon Rd
Southlake, Texas
“Very good food - in the little-known downtown area of Hershey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were looking for something other than the RedRobin, Applebees, (bleh) so we chose "The Chocolate Avenue Grill". Looks like the little downtown of Hershey is getting a facelift; saw newer restaurants and some construction going on as well. There was quite a wait to be seated (and the area in front of the hostess is far too small to accommodate all of those parties!), but once we got a table everything changed for the better. Our waitress, Marta, was great and the service was fantastic. The food was fresh with a mediterranean twist and very tasty. Two of us ordered Greek salads with chicken and one ordered pasta with marinara sauce - simple but good. Reservations are suggested so you can avoid the wait.

• Hebrew first
Philadelphia, PA
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

This restaurant reminds me of a chain like an Applebee's or TGI Fridays. I'm surprised by the high ratings. Went on 4th of July and wasn't crowded except the outdoor seating area. Service was kind of slow. We ended up eating and leaving the same time as the couple next to us who came 15 mins after us.
The outdoor seating is nice but the food is average to below. Nothing to write home about. I will not be returning since there are much better places in the area.

Niagara Falls, New York, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Clean Restaurant- Ok Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had Lunch there . Very Clean Restaurant.. Food was Good not Great. We Had soup salads and burgers. Reasonably priced middle of the road restaurant. Rates a Solid B

Annapolis, Maryland
“Great place for reasonably priced meals.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was recently in Hershey for a lacrosse tournament with my 12 y/o son. He wanted a burger for dinner but I wasn't interested in stopping at a chain restaurant as I like to try locally owned restaurants. Found this place on TripAdvisor and decided to give it a try after looking at the menu online. We got to the restaurant around 8pm on a Friday night and it was packed, despite the rainy evening. We only had to wait about 10 minutes. Our server was very friendly and attentive. My son got the burger that he wanted and I had a portabella mushroom, tomato and mozzarella sandwich and a cup of Hungarian mushroom soup. The portion sizes were quite generous - my son couldn't finish the hamburger. The soup was delicious as was my sandwich. I would have preferred the sandwich on a different type of bread. It was focaccia bread which I like, but it was a little greasy, perhaps from the juicy mushroom or the pesto sauce. All in all though, it was great and I'd definitely recommend the place. Casual ambiance, friendly staff. There is an outdoor seating area as well, but with the rain, it was not available that night.

West Virginia
“Milkshake Martini!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

I tried this pace while on a trip to Hershey, PA. At the recommendation of my brother, I decided to try their signature Milkshake Martini. I am generally not a big martini person, but wow, this was the best drink I have ever had! The food was also excellent and the service was spot on. I only visited for lunch, but if the lunch menu is any indication of the quality they would provide for dinner, I am sure that it would be a great spot to dine.