“Very nicely done and worth a visit”
Review of The Hershey Story

The Hershey Story
Ranked #6 of 36 things to do in Hershey
More attraction details
Owner description: Hershey starts here! How did Milton Hershey go from bankruptcy to brilliance, transforming chocolate from a luxury to an everyday treat? How did he invent a community? Why did he give away his fortune? That's the Hershey story. Enjoy a 45-minute, hands on class in the Chocolate Lab and sample warm drinking chocolate from around the world at Tastings. Grab a delicious treat from the Pantry Café and find a unique assortment of keepsakes and chocolate at Museum Shop.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Despite the $10/adult price of admission ($7.50 for kids 3-12 years-old), The Hershey Story is a very nicely done museum with a little something for everyone. Maybe I'm spoiled on the free Smithsonian museums in nearby DC, but I have to get used to the fact that there's no free lunch in Hershey. Many of the displays are interactive and there is a very informative timeline about Milton Hershey that explains how he got into the chocolate business and changed the world by making it affordable to the common man. The chocolate making process is nicely explained along with history of the town, worker's issues at the factory, products that have come and gone over the years, and philanthropic history that Hershey has done over the years which continue to this day. The little kids can make cookies and paper snowflakes and adults can partake in a chocolate making exercise (all at additional cost). The Hershey Story is a decent way of spending a couple of hours if you have the luxury of moving at a slow pace. Since we went in February, the museum was not crowded and we moved at a leisurely pace. I understand the summer is very busy. It is definitely worth a visit! The restrooms are nice and clean too.

1  Thank MD_scubanut
Write a ReviewReviews (1,467)
All reviews
in 86 reviews
"free tickets"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed February 16, 2013

We recently visited the Hershey Story Museum. We were the only visitors on a Monday morning. One staff member, I think his name was John was very helpful. It was very interesting. Everything was very well maintained. I do feel it is a bit overpriced but I enjoyed it.

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We spent an hour or so checking out all of the information and history of Milton Hershey. It was a comprehensive collection of details about his personal life, the Hershey company and the Milton Hershey School. Then we went downstairs to the cafe Zooka and tried a "chocolate flight" of different drinking chocolate samples from around the globe. Yum! A great stop while you are in Hershey

1  Thank lovenyc210
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was suprised at how much I was enterained. It was bigger and much more interactive than I thought it would be. Also they have a good AAA discount. The chocolate lab is fun, interesting and you get to make your own chocolate bar.

1  Thank Matymil