“Hershey Lodge”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
East Brunswick
“Hershey Lodge”
Reviewed September 4, 2007

Stayed here for a convention. Staff was pleasant and helpful. The hallways actually smell like chocolate and they gave us hershey bars when we checked in as well. The rooms were spacious and clean. Plenty of parking. The convention center area was nice and their food was better than most I have had at convention centers.

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank htamosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (693)
boston
Reviewed September 3, 2007

My husband, daughter and I spent time at the Hershey Lodge from 8/30 to 9/3. We arrived late in the afternoon so our daughter was very happy to be greeted by a character and have her own check in. We were also pleasantly surprised to receive a room in the tower building as there is a huge convenience factor to being placed there rather than some of the other buildings which did not have easy access to the lobby, restaurants, etc. The view from our room was lovely and housekeeping did a wonderful job both on our room and all of the common areas. With regard to soundproofing, we did not hear any noise from the hall or other rooms - seeing as the hotel appeared to be fully booked during our entire stay, that was wonderful!

The shuttle bus to and from the attractions was a great perk in that it always seemed to be there when we needed it and it was lovely to get a break from our minivan!

The pools were very nice and the miniature golf course was a nice diversion.

We enjoyed the smores campfires that were held nightly although unlike most properties that offer such an activity, we had to pay for the smores kits. We also enjoyed a lovely fireworks display from the front lawn of the hotel.

Our only disappointment in the property had to do with the restaurants. We did enjoy the Hershey Grille, however, the Bear's Den and Lebby L's were not to our liking. There are many options within a 5 minute drive however we like to be resort bound when not at the attractions and therefore we would have liked a better quality on the restaurants.

• Liked — The location and the shuttle service
  • Disliked — The restaurants
3 Thank bostonstm
Phila,Pa
Reviewed August 29, 2007

Just got back from 2 nights at the lodge. I was pleasantly surprised with the property. We booked a 2 room suite and compared to many suites it was pretty large and instead of just a pull-out couch in the living room it had a full/queen Murphy bed and a pull-out couch. It also had a second full bath with all of the standard amenities. The room was very clean and well appointed. The hotel is clearly on the older side but the rooms are nicely refurbished with Kohler bathrooms and double vanities. The beds were also very comfortable, however the pillows were a little soft for me. The only negative comment I could make i the rooms seemed a little damp. Although the suite was pricey at $500+ a night, in my experience you get what you pay for and we did. Lastly the staff was very attentive and the food at the bears' den was excellent . I don't think it gets much better in central Pa.

• Liked — everything
1 Thank BlondiePhila
New Jersey
Reviewed August 25, 2007

Just stayed at Hershy Lodge. Disappointed. We expected something better for the price ($279 night). We also stayed in a section that looked like an apartment building. Traveling with a baby we were frustrated that there was no elevator--schlepping up the baby gear was a pain--again--for the price we of course assumed elevators. And there is no safe way to walk to the main lobby and restaurants with children. They really should have sidewalks for their guests. You must walk behind parked cars, often backing out, and on a narrow winding driveway to get to the lobby (from where we stayed). I ended up pushing the stroller through wet grass to get to lobby--I was too nervous to take it along the narrow road. Rooms were just ok and bathroom was smallish. Thin walls--we had to listen to kids next door jumping on the beds till late at night. On the bright side, my son was excited about the on-site mini putt course and two video game areas (Bear's Den restaurant and poolside gameroom). I went back to the Lodge's web site and couldn't find a customer feedback e-mail form anywhere.

• Disliked — Not pedestrian-friendly at all
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank njian
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 23, 2007

The location is great. The lodge is big. The food was good. The rooms were clean. But a room in the Lodge during the summer is very expensive. When I push $300 per night I expect a bit of luxury and this is a motor lodge. They do not even heat the outdoor pools. One of the big perks of staying at the Hershey lodge should be the shuttles to the Hershey Park- but be warned if you stay until the park closes you will wait a good hour to get on the bus. This is not a Disney Class resort. The rooms are clean but everything is just so so. For $150 per night they would be a good deal for almost $300 I would say they are over priced.

• Liked — How clean everything was
  • Disliked — The price was too high
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank nicole v
Chicago, IL
Reviewed August 19, 2007

The website of this place is a little misleading. When we drove up it was not as "grand" as it looked online. It has a terrible layout so its difficult to walk to the hotel's ammentities from some of the rooms. Check In was great - they had a kids check in which we loved. Our 2 rooms were over by the mini golf which is pretty far from the "hub". Arriving into hall entrace it gave the feel of a Howard Johnsons. The rooms themselves were nice. Newly remodled with nice linens, uphosterly and granite in the bathrooms.

The hotel itself did not have great family places to eat, they were geared more towards the convention visitor. We did have a nice meal in the upstairs restaurant with our 4 kids and were very well taken care of.

Gift shops has tremendous treat finds! All in all I would not stay here again. I was expecting more luxury. We'd stay at the Hotel Hershey next time.

• Liked — room quuality inside was nice, great check in
  • Disliked — hotel layout & location
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank juliew325
Westchester County, New York
Reviewed August 18, 2007

I read some of the the negative reviews before going to the Hershey Lodge and was worried that I would be disappointed with my choice.

However, from the beginning I arrived in my car the "bellhops" were attentive. They helped with the luggage and we chose to have the bellhop staff valet our car. Registration went smoothly, we arrived at 4:30 and our room was ready.

Our room was in the Tower on the second floor. The room was quite nice, two queen beds, a desk and chair, armoir with tv and drawers, club chair with reading lamp, refrigerator and coffee machine in the bathroom. One of the reviews mentioned the rooms were "motel like entrances" , ours wasn't , we came up an elevator , the corridor was bright and clean and looked like a hotel corridor.

My kids and husband enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools, we were quite far though from them. I did notice that the corridor nearest the pools had lighting quite dim, the carpet looked dingy and it smelled quite musty probably from wet people walking through the corridor. The corridor was quite different from the corridor where our room was.

We ate in all the restauants. They were okay, however breakfast at " Bear Den" was not as good as the "Libbey?". The shuttle bus was efficient and the bus drivers were courteous and helpful.

Was it over priced? Yes, but I would not have stayed anywhere else, if I was going to Hershey Park with kids.

• Liked — shuttle bus to amusement park
  • Disliked — the cost of meals at the hotel versus the quality of food
4 Thank Ivelisse59