“A Great Host for Conferences”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed April 26, 2006

I recently stayed 3 nights at the Hershey Lodge while attending a conference. It is perfect for such large events because of the space available. However, that means guests should be prepared to walk quite a distance in most cases to get from their rooms to the lobby area and on to the meeting areas. Those with mobility issues should inform the hotel and ask to stay in the "the Towers" part of the lodge. If you bring your family along, rest assured they'll have plenty to do while you're at the meetings. The lodge has mini-golf, tennis and basketball courts and swimming pools for use by its guests. Plus, the Hershey attractions are really close and easy to get to. I found the service of the staff to be extremely professional and courteous. Just passing in the hall warranted a "hello" or "good morning", "enjoy your day". I had a couple of plumbing issues with my room and my needs were met promptly and politely. Room service was also a very positive experience. If I had to plan a large event or conference, I would use this facility. The only drawback I can see is the linear layout of the lodge which makes for more walking to and from the room as opposed to a veritical high-rise which uses elevators more to move people around. But, one solution was the bell-hop used a golf cart to take me around to my room with my bags, so I didn't have to go move my car, etc. I'd stay there again.

8  Thank UkieFinnGirl
There are newer reviews for Hershey Lodge

A TripAdvisor Member
Riverdale, NJ
Reviewed March 28, 2006

I have read all the reviews and I am shocked. The Hershey Lodge was the worst place I ever stayed at. We came in at 11pm to a filthy room, bedspread thrown over undone, dirty sheets. Dark, long, black hair in the sink with toothpaste, bathtub dirty and grimy. They put me in a wing with no elevator, I had walk up two flights of stairs with young sleeping children. Then they had to be woken up from them coming to clean my room because they had no more rooms. At 2 am, I was fixing the toilet bowl that flooded, and was making sounds all night. To top it all off the next morning, I had to explain why santa's beard was falling off. My 3 1/2 year old knew it was not Santa and wanted to know why he had a beard and mustache over another beard and mustache. Shame on you! Never again would I go back. I wish I had my pictures to show how bad santa really was.

24  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 28, 2006

I travel to Hershey for business and pleasure (with family of 4). I have stayed at other area hotels but always come back to Hershey Lodge. There is something at this hotel (especially when traveling with the kids) that is special. My last trip was one night for business (end of March 2006). If you are traveling on business ask for tower as it has faster Internet. When we travel with the kids we ask for a ground floor, outer room during the summer - it is less confining and provides more fresh air. My kids LOVE the (free) put-put golf and basketball/tennis facilities. It can be more expensive but offers a lot of amenities too.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank Magabi
Reviewed March 18, 2006

Went last year for a business trip and went again this year and was not disappointed. The hotel is huge and the pool is big. Didn't check out the gym equipment though. Didn't eat at the Cocoa Beanery but did eat the food provided for the conference and of course it was great. The hotel room was a single with a king size bed, chair w/ottomon and a desk with a chair. Of course the tv and all the amenities. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel. I definately will return.

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
4  Thank blondiex46
Reviewed February 25, 2006

Our friends loved this hotel so we gave it a try. We travelled with our baby and 6 year old. The hotel reminded us of the Disney Wilderness Lodge Resort, with its rustic theme and A-shaped main building. The rooms were nice, although expensive. It has a large although rather ordinary pool with an indoor section. The sports bar restaurant was family-friendly (lots of TV's and a big screen) but the food was mediocre. The mini-golf course was good, and all the free chocolate samples were a nice touch.
Pros: Nice hotel, pool, mini-golf, early entry into the theme park.
Cons: Expensive.

Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank danielh5
Reviewed February 21, 2006

I was here at a women's retreat over the weekend of February 3-5. Overall everything was very good but there were a few things that I would suggest. At check-in they gave us directions to our room which were wrong. We ended up getting lost on the wrong floor and in the wrong corridor. It is confusing because the first floor is actually the second floor in some buildngs. Make sure you get good solid directions before you leave the check-in desk.

The room was very cozy and everything was in good working order. I must say that the beds were very comfortable - much better than in most hotels.

The only other trouble we had was when we tried to rent a movie on the tv on Friday night, it wouldn't go through. We called the desk several times and they said that they'd send up maintenance to check on it. No one came that night. The next morning we called the desk again and asked that it be fixed by the time we came back to our room that night. It was. Small inconvenience but very frustrating.

Overall, the food was good, the room was great and we had a great time! I would recommend this hotel for any groups that are looking for a place to meet!

• Stayed: February 2006
9  Thank clvogt
Reviewed February 3, 2006

Having been to Hershey before and knowing how fast everything books for the holidays, we booked our December trip in July. We booked the perfect suite and were so excited to go. Taking the trip with me were my three nieces and my nephew. When we got to the hotel, we were all in awe over the beauty of it. We were greeted very warmly. Unfortunately, we were then taken to our Murphy Suite, which I must add was not inexpensive. Our suite consisted of a standard room connected to the Murphy Parlor which is a livingroom of sorts. The standard room had two queen beds and a full bath, the Murphy Parlor had a Murphy Bed (the kind that folds down from the wall), a pull-out couch and another full bath. Both rooms had TV's and all the ammenities of their guest rooms. When I booked the room, I advised them that we'd be using both the Murphy Bed and the pull-out couch and they were going to have them opened for us. The couch was not opened which was annoying, but we proceeded to open it ourselves thinking that they kept it closed for us to use as a couch during the day. When we opened it, however, we were horrified to see that the sheets were not only used, but filthy. There weren't only stains on them, but crusty spots (sorry to be gross). We called immediately and within minutes, the maid was there changing them and appologizing profusely. She advised that these are hardly ever used and they "only change them when they've been used." I asked her how could they be certain if they were used or not if, after being slept on, the couch was folded back up for use during the day. She had no answer. I also told her that I thought for cleanliness sake, the sheets on these couches should be changed, regardless of whether they were used or not, routinely. I didn't bother mentioning the fact that we advised reservations we'd be using the couch to sleep on. Thank goodness they opened the Murphy Bed before we got there or I'm afraid what we would have found.
Another big problem with our suite was that the toilet handle in the standard room's bathroom was broken upon arrival. There was no way to flush it without going into the back of the basin. This means that either it wasn't cleaned after the last occupants of the room used it, or that the Lodge knew it was broken and figured that it wasn't a big deal since we had another one in the suite. It was a big deal and we called immediately to have it repaired. During our 3-day, 2-night stay, we had maintenance there three times to fix it. They were unable to. Why, when you're paying $500 a night to stay at an upscale hotel, can't they hire or call in a plumber? Needless to say, when we left, the toilet was still not working.
I must, however state a couple of good things about the hotel since it wasn't a total dissapointment:
The lobby and all areas of the hotel are beautiful and well maintained. It snowed overnight one night and their parking lot was cleared before most of the roads (the walkways, however, were not).
Their food is impeccable. We ate at the buffet and had room service. Both wonderful.
Their shuttle service to the Hershey attractions is a definite bonus.
Their staff is very friendly and helpful.
Personally, I won't be staying here again, but for those of you who want to stay at a beautiful place in Hershey that is right near all major attractions, you might want to try it. Be forewarned, however... Inspect your sheets...

• Stayed: December 2005