“Sweet dream”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Excellent place to visit for family and friends. Outstanding service, well trained staff, very clean hotels, attention to details . Most friendly and sweet place on earth.
Chocolate spa - to die for. Beautiful landscape, excellent food

Room Tip: Rooms are all nice
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,908)

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We spent a single night at the Hershey Lodge and thoroughly enjoyed or stay. Our room was near the pool and we were able to park right at our door and use the exterior door. The staff was wonderful from the moment we entered. Though the room was a little small, it was very comfortable and the bathroom was modern and clean. We are a senior couple who love children, so the lobby full of families did not bother us a bit. If you are looking for a quiet, reserved setting, this may not be the best choice.

Room Tip: Our room was near the pool. It had an outside entrance which meant we could park right by the door t...
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We just returned from a 3 night stay - family of 4 - kids ages 5 & 7. I can't say enough good things about this place! My kids loved the pools - and we loved the hr early entrance to hersheypark (amazing - was so empty for the hr felt like our own private park). The dining was so convenient - and so friendly. We took advantage of the hershey gardens (free entrance if you stay at the Lodge) - beautiful!! I have visited Hersheypark since I was a kid, and I can honestly say this was my best stay!

Room Tip: Higher floor in the Hershey Kiss tower
1  Thank Kdrobs
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Hi Kdrobs,

I appreciate you taking the time to share the wonderful experience you had at Hershey Lodge. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our pools and our Sweet Start into Hersheypark. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

I will start by saying the customer service here was amazing. The entire staff was super friendly, super helpful and took time to help you out. I don't think we met one person that worked at Hershey Lodge that wasn't out-of-the-way helpful and friendly. My family & I stayed here for one evening in early June. We had ordered a package and had a nights stay, tickets to Hershey Park, museum, and breakfast. Since we did a package deal, the room rates turned out to be somewhat reasonable (for a tourist type area), but still more than I'd normally pay. When checked in and there was an issue with our park tickets that the staff fixed immedately and without issue. The kids loved the "kids Check-in" area where they get welcomed to the hotel.

The hotel lobby is very nice looking with a modern huntling lodge feel (thus the name). The Coffee Bean was good at a decent price for coffee in a hotel resturaunt. If you choose to eat at Luddy's (the breakfast resturaunt), order off the menu rather than the buffet. The hotel bar, tucked in the back had wonderful (and expensive) chocolate martinis, but you do get to keep the glass, which is something.

The maze of elevators and hallways was somwhat confusing to navigate. Fortunately we were close to the elevator in the main lodge, so getting in and out was easy for us, but not so much for others. The room was normal, about the size of a standard mid-priced hotel room if not slightly smaller. We are a family of for with 2 kids (11& 6), so if we spent a lot of time in our double queen bed room, we'd be cramped. Beds were average and the room was clean (always a plus). There wasn't much of a view (a concrete wall and part of a parking lot) but I don't beilive there is much to see where the hotel is situated.

As for the price, well...as I stated, the rate we paid was with park tickets and other add ons. The quoted room rate is pretty ridiculous ($250+ per night for a double queen). Unless you are Scrooge McDuck wealthy or you can get a package with other attractions, I would try somewhere more affordable. A wonderful staff can only go so far.

1  Thank teamRR
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We recently returned from a one-night stay at Hershey Lodge. We are a family of four with two small children, ages 2 & 5.

Pros:
Discount on Hershey Park tickets.
Shuttle to Hershey Park ran continuously and was very convenient.
Easy check-in, courteous front desk staff.
Easy booking on-line.
Plentiful parking.
Clean rooms.
Easy check-out from your room.

Cons:
The Lodge is enormous and confusing to navigate. There are few interior signs. You'll be wandering around looking for your room.
The room is TINY - one chair was crammed in the corner.
The view was terrible, we opened up the window and looked out onto...a stone wall.
Room has a small, dark, dingy feel to it. Poor lighting.
Bathroom is tiny as well - the door barely closes and almost bangs into the toilet.

We probably won't stay again. Although we didn't spend much time in the room it is always nice to return to a lovely room after an exhausting day at the park.

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

My family stayed here for one night on our way to New York City. The lodge was beautiful as was our room. We ate at the grill and although we arrived close to closing they let us sit outside in the patio area that was closed which was nice. We visited chocolate world and the Hershey museum and gardens which were all nice, but for kids I suggest the park. We only stayed one night so we did not get full use of everything but all in all a beautiful hotel, somewhat pricey for families.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We enjoyed the lodge. The people were nice, and it had everything we needed for our purposes. The rooms were a good size, and I liked that there were several restaurants to choose from at the lodge. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Hi Joanne B!

I appreciate you taking the time to share the wonderful experience you had at our facility. I am glad your son was able to enjoy our character appearances. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!