“Memories that will last a lifetime.”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The Lodge is kid friendly, convenient and makes access to the park so simple. My son loves the Lodge and all the things they have for kids. The atmosphere is very family oriented. Coming to Hershey Park, I wouldn't stay any place else. It might be a little more expensive, but the experience and convenience are worth it. The characters are in the lobby all different times of the day, so the kids get to see them outside of the park and away from the crowd.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,856)

Reviewed June 17, 2014

It seems there is a subset of lodge/resorts who consider themselves kin of Disney and therefore they charge Disney (e.g., outrageous) prices. Great Wolf Lodge is one. Hershey Lodge is another. Yes the staff are very friendly, and helpful-- room service was quick, the concierge was helpful, and they quickly and happily delivered clean towels at 11 at night. But be prepared to pay through the nose for the nice staff and the too infrequent, not particularly awesome, shuttles to Hersheypark. The food was fine but again, not particularly cheap. One big advantage...staying at a Hershey property gets you a three and a half hour "sneak preview" of Hersheypark if you've bought a one day ticket as part of a package, as well as a one hour early entry into the park with your room key. But if you are in it for the long haul, you get no benefit as far as the outrageous prices for the "attractions" at chocolate world. And admission to the garden is free but having been there, it's enjoyable, but no one should pay extra to see it anyway. The pools were fine. But, honestly, there seem to be a lot of chains with newish looking properties close to Hersheypark. Think long andhard and do your research before you choose this much more expensive option.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Pegggus
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed for a business trip one night and it was fine for the night. The web pictures and descriptions make the place sound like a high end resort, but it was just above average for a place linked to an amusement park. It reminded me of Wolf Lodge type facility. The room in the Hershey Tower was clean and adequate and everything worked fine, but don't know about the other rooms in the other buildings. I think my average review is mainly because I was expecting something much nicer. Also, I didn't pay for the room, but appeared the price was high for what was received. However, everyone was very friendly and helpful when I had questions. The breakfast buffet was typical, but also had marshmallows and chocolate to put on them or anything, of course. I overhead one family saying they couldn't find anything healthy on the menu. Probably wouldn't expect that staying in a place build around sweets! One final comment; the windows didn't open so had to have the AC on and it is a unit by the window and ran all night making it somewhat noisy.

Room Tip: Don't know about the other buildings, but guessing the Hershey Tower would be a better pick.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The lodge is great because it is close to the park, has the shuttle service back and forth and the staff is super friendly. The food was reasonably priced and good. Our room was clean but was starting to show some wear, the fridge did not work and it was really expensive for what we got BUT there are not a lot of options in the area

We would stay here again for the convenience factor but it would be nice if they remodeled some.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

I had won a stay here and could not have had a more perfect time. The pools were great the hot tub warm, towels were clean, and I had plenty of places to choose from to eat. The room alone was amazing. It was spacious and contained a lot of amenities. The bathroom was clean and the shampoo and conditioners smelt like chocolate! The staff was also terrific they were very nice and helpful

Room Tip: I had my room in the kit kat section and that was very close to the pools and tennis courts but a bi...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Ill never stay here ever again.. we go every year for a soccer tournament. We normally stay elsewhere well this year we stay here. and ill never stay again. The rooms SMELL> they are VERY small. WE had the two bed queen room and let me say my sons play pen wouldnt fit. The room smelt no idea of what. it was clean but the pillows and bed were just horrific. The prices are outrageous. I was so happy to hear they had 3 pools only to have 1 open. The outside one because of a contamination of some sort and promised me the indoor pool would be open the next morning. Well no it wasnt until 9pm at night! My boys were so mad. I called sunday morning to ask about having a later check out because our game was at check out time 10 am. they told me they dont have late check out because they have way to many people checking in that day. But i can leave my luggage with the vallet. The exercise room is small and stunk, ! Ican keep going but i am sick of typing! NEVER AGAIN wasted time and money at this hotel

Room Tip: go to another hotel nothing like walking in a maze to go swimming unless you walk outside
8  Thank mskcurci
Hershey Enterta... R, General Manager at Hershey Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Hi mskcurci,

We appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns regarding your stay at Hershey Lodge. We take every concern raised by guests quite seriously and I apologize for the challenges you faced during your visit.

I did check the pool closure records and unfortunately we had to close the pool for a longer than expected time period due to a chemical imbalance to ensure guest safety.

We would have gladly taken the time to sit down with you to address these concerns while you were our guest. Please feel free to contact as 717-533-3311.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Our room was super clean and was big enough for a toddler air mattress. We tried sweet talking the front desk into upgrading us to a suite, but were unsuccessful. We should work on our sweet talking skills.
Loved the Hershey Kisses on the bedspread. Loved the chocolate scented toiletries.
The Lodge tends to have conventions, but we didn't hear anything. Our room was so quiet (save for our screaming toddler) and we were able to sleep soundly at night.
I loved the "Kids Check In," even though our little guy was afraid of the walking Reese's Peanut Butter Cup...
The Bears Den (?) restaurant was average, but it's a hotel, so it was on par for hotels. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't amazing, ya know? Lebbie Lebkicher's was OK too. Our under 3 year old toddler ate at the buffet for free with an adult purchase, so we tried that. Again, it wasn't amazing, but it wasn't terrible.
I'd stay here again. The staff was polite and the shuttle service was great.