“Fun for all ages”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Hershey Lodge for Springtime in the park. As the reviews predicted, check in was crowded but there were Hershey characters around to keep us busy! The hotel was definitely older, but updated. Plenty of fun at the life-guarded indoor pool and the numerous onsite onsite restaurants. Really the only downside was our daughter fell onto a stump of a rosebush during a campfire sponsored by the hotel. She got pretty banged up. The hotel sent their medical staff and a teddy bear to ease her pain and assured us they'll improve the outdoor lighting by the gazebo. We were impressed by their concern. Other than that great location and fun weekend for us!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank SarahDena
There are newer reviews for Hershey Lodge

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We signed up for the Family Fun Package. Free chocolate bars at check in. Staff was very friendly.
Included in package: breakfast, tickets to a cute Hershey 4D experience at Chocolate World, tickets to Zoo America, Hershey Gardens and Hershey Museum. (Driver from hotel gave us a ride to Chocolate World, etc.) Chocolate World was very multi-sensory. They have many fun things to do that are inside. (ex. 4 D show, Chocolate World ride, make your own chocolate bar, a huge gift shop, etc.)

Restaurant in hotel - The Forebay was excellent. Steven was our waiter & he was AWESOME. He was so pleasant and helpful! What a great way to end a very enjoyable day with you family!!!

Room Tip: Any room was good. Make sure your bathroom ocks work if you like privacy.
1  Thank Linda5000
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Enjoyed eating and staying at the Hershey Lodge. Enjoyed complimentary tickets to the Hershey Rose Garden with its fantastic overlooking view of the Hershey valley and walk in the sunshine and fresh air. Have recently stayed 2 other places in the Hershey area, and these were the first comfortable beds and pillows (another inn even has an adjustable/ dial-your-own preference mattress that we tried adjusting, but found uncomfortable with its hard outer edge). Hershey Lodge pillows didn't flatten to nothing and did't make my ear hurt from pressure -- just right! First away night that I didn't feel like I was fighting the bed all night. Room climate controls easy. Minimal noise: did not hear other people's toilets/showers, did not have corridor noises. Phoned to make reservation because, with 4 in family, wanted adjoining rooms -- but, even better, was able to enjoy a suite: 2 queen size beds room with adjoining suite room with queen murphy bed (comfortable) and pull-out sofa, with its own full bathroom -- best layout experienced anywhere. Enjoyed breakfast at Lebby Lebkicker's: food menu excellent, & coffee carafe left on table, so no waiting for a hot refill.

Room Tip: Phoned to find out about suite. On ground floor, opening to sidewalk, parking right outside, easy o...
1  Thank NatureLover39
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed at the Hershey Lodge for a conference last week, and was ultimately impressed by the experience. I had always wanted to stay in the hotels owned by Hershey, and after hearing rave reviews from friends, I went in with high expectations, which were met. The rooms were of good size, and the beds were comfortable. The hotel can be a bit confusing to get around, but nothing major. The staff at the hotel was, for the most part, top notch. I always received prompt, respectful, and friendly service every time I needed something. On my first night, there was an issue with the television, and I was quite impressed by how the situation was handled, as an employee was up to our room within 10 minutes of calling, and fixed our problem while being extremely friendly and courteous. The pool was very nice in the few minutes I was able to spend there, and the decor of the entire resort is top notch. Nothing beat chocolate everything. Since I was at the hotel for a conference, and really didn't leave for the time I was there, I cannot comment on the location, however, it was a few minute drive from HersheyPark. My only complaint is that the room keys become demagnetized very easily. While this is not a problem Hershey specific, and is really out of the hotels control, I did have issues on multiple occasions where I had to go to the front desk to get my keycard re-encoded after being locked out of the room. I did have an issue, however, as one of the times I was locked out of my room, when the card became demagnetized, and I had left my wallet (with my ID) in the room. The front desk staff made sure to confirm my identity before giving me a new key, and I had to be escorted to my room by security to show photo ID before being given a new card. This was an inconvenience, however, it did show me that the hotel staff takes security very seriously and ultimately impressed me in that aspect. All in all, my experience was great, thanks to the great amenities, as well as the wonderful staff, who always seemed to have my comfort as their number one priority.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2014

My family had a splendid time at the lodge. The hotel's shuttle facilitates the transportation back and forth from and to the park, museum, and lodge. The amenities at this establishment, and personal provide my family with a pleasant vacation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ney1309
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I was here for a conference. This is the 4th or 5th time I have stayed here. There are nice restaurants - the restaurant upstairs - Forebay - is very good - food excellent, service top-rate! The Bear's Den is a fun, casual sports bar. The Chocolate Martinis are the best! Try the Buzz Martini - OMG - it is great! There are a number of pools, but we were there just last week - way too cold to think about that, plus we were at the conference. Great conference hotel - lots of meeting rooms and large trade show exhibit floor rooms. The place is huge, so you can have many people staying. The beds are not comfortable, so be prepared. But other than that it is a really great conference hotel. Paul at the front desk is excellent - great customer service!! It is in the heart of Hershey - chocolate everywhere!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front part are not as long a walk and have a little bit better beds.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Our time in Hershey was very nice. The Lodge staff and facilities are top rate. We stayed in a King Suite, which is most appropriate in Chocolate Country! Very comfortable with lots to do. I was very impressed by the Milton Hershey story.