“Hershey Excellence”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed March 8, 2014

This trip was a late Christmas present for my family. I could not have gone better. The staff was professional and accommodating. Food choices were reasonably priced and professionally served. The zoo was not crowded so we had a greater opportunity to see the animals. Michelle W. was our waitress at the Bears Den. She was very attentive to every table she took care of. This was our best trip to Hershey in years.

4  Thank Matthew T
Write a ReviewReviews (2,908)

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I attended a conference held in Hershey Lodge, so it was incredibly convenient to stay in the hotel. My colleagues and I were in the Peanut Butter cup wing. I was grateful for an inside corridor rather than an outside entrance. The parking was challenging at times because of the conference attendees, but we were always able to find a spot even if it was a bit farther away. Previous reviews have talked about the hallway noise, and I did notice this was well. However, the convenience made up for the hallway noise, and it didn't go on for hours or into the night or anything like that. The lobby offers a lot of seating arrangements and there are some smaller tables where you could charge a device if you were around the perimeter and near an outlet. The wifi is free unless you want to stream media, but it was fine for checking email, etc. We ate at Lebbie Lebkicher's for breakfast twice and both times our food was tasty and came as we ordered it. It is pricey, but I guess that is to be expected at the conference hotel. Overall, you can't beat the convenience of staying at the conference venue so I would choose this lodging again for this conference.

Room Tip: Some rooms have exterior entrances, so if there is weather or you are traveling alone, you may want...
Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We decided on a night away at the last minute to celebrate our daughters' birthday. Usually when visiting Hershey we stay at other 'chain' hotels, but glad we stayed at the lodge this time. The decor is beautiful and just a nice relaxing place to walk around. There was a conference going on also during our stay, but the attendees were very friendly and the lodge didn't seem 'crowded' at all. The chocolate bingo activity was fun for our family. We ate dinner at the Hershey Grill and already want to return, the food was fabulous and atmosphere casual and relaxing.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hershey Kiss wing approx midway down the hall and it was very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. The room was a nice size for two, they were presented very nicely. Very clean appearance and bedding was comfortable. The lobby of the lodge was beautiful. I had requested a room in the tower, but none were available so we ended up in a room that was furthest away from the elevators. Though at the very end of the building. It had an exit right next to our door. But if we took that exit that only led us to a back parking lot. We were told to park in a certain area, but soon realized that because of where our room was located that we were better off parking in a different area. Aside from that the room and room service was good. We would be willing to stay again, but only when a discount is offered as it is an average room. Also activities can be limited if you don't have a vehicle. I asked about a parade that was to be held the weekend we were there, but none of the staff knew about it.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

My family and I stayed one night in the Hershey Lodge in late November, as we were traveling to Hershey for their annual holiday celebration. My feelings about the Lodge are mixed. First, the positives: 1. The Lodge is simply beautiful, especially around Christmas. 2. The Bear's Den lounge/restaurant is good for families 3. The rooms are immaculately clean. And the beds have the special covers on them to prevent the creepy-crawlies 4. It's really convenient to the parks and the shuttle is a nice feature. 5. The park itself is wonderful. And the negatives: 1. Hershey Lodge is far more expensive than other area hotels. Though the rooms are clean and have been recently refreshed, they are very small and there isn't much soundproofing. Not sure it's worth it for the extra price 2. The Lodge was packed the weekend we were there - not a place to sit in the lobby. And despite the price, some of the guests were... kind of questionable and not what you would expect in a "family" establishment. For instance, we were a little scared walking down the hall to our room (and picked up the pace significantly) when we heard screaming and yelling coming from another room. And let's just say that, on another long walk from my room to the lobby, a questionable odor was emanating from another guest room... taking "no smoking" to a totally different level. (Now I realize these things can happen anywhere and I can't fault the Lodge for its guests. But perhaps having security walk the halls - especially with the hotel so crowded - might not be such a bad idea). We will definitely be back to Hershey - but quite possibly staying elsewhere, especially if it's just for one night.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My kids and I stayed here for the night for a winter break during school winter break. We had a room with 2 queen beds which was a little small but very clean and the kids loved the decorations. The WiFi was spotty which wasn't very convenient as we all had our devices and had a hard time using them - not really sure what the problem was - perhaps our room location. We used the pool which was a lot of fun - it was clean, large, great lounge chairs and towels and included a very nice changing room. We ate at the Hershey Grille which was a little disappointing but convenient. We ate breakfast at Lebbie Lebkichers, also located on-site and it was very nice. Overall staff was friendly and professional and the grounds and hotel were really nice. I would love to see it in full bloom!

2  Thank Memmett
Reviewed February 19, 2014

We simply loved it. My wife and I and our 2.5 year-old spent 24 hours here last weekend and really wish it could have been longer.

First off: they set us up with a "suite" since we wanted our son to have his own room so everyone could sleep in peace. Now, it was more of two adjoining rooms connected by a door, but it completely worked out. The rooms themselves were big, clean and very nice. Other real strengths:

1) A few days before we checked in, the staff helped me book a spa appointment for my wife at the nearby Hotel Hershey. She loved it.

2) There is available babysitting. This, of course, is great news for parents of young kids. The staff arranged a sitter with 20 years of experience (who had been thoroughly background-checked). She came up to our room after our kid went to bed and stayed there for three hours while my wife and I had dinner and drinks. $15 an hour. She was very sweet.

3) There are scores of activities. We made two trips to the big, heated indoor pool and the arcades (which included not just video games but air hockey and ping pong). In warmer months, there would also be fun to be had at the basketball courts and mini-golf course.

4) The rustic lobby, complete with a huge fireplace, is cozy and beautiful. The whole lodge (which really is gigantic) is really well-maintained.

5) I think we sampled four of the lodge's restaurants. The coffee shop was only ok and somewhat pricey, but we liked the breakfast spot. The other two were great: the Bear's Den is a legit, fun sports bar while The Forebay was perfect for our dinner for two. Delicious with a very attentive staff.

6) You get free tickets to the Hershey museum as part of your stay and it was a fine place to spend an hour. The town itself is nice too and we spent some time at the nearby outlet malls.

The only two negatives:

1) As others have mentioned, their online reservation system is very slow/clunky.

2) I had requested an early check-in, ideally around 1pm, instead of their normal 4pm time. I was told they couldn't guarantee it, of course, but they were hopeful it could happen. Alas, it did not and we couldn't get into our room until 3pm. My toddler son at that point was two hours late for his nap and VERY tired but thankfully the lodge is so big that we were able to kill most of that time just exploring. And while I felt that the front desk staff could have been a little more aggressive early to see if our room had freed up, they eventually did call housekeeping on my behalf and got us in.

But that is a relatively minor thing and otherwise the service throughout our stay was REALLY good (and they allowed us a late check-out of noon, rather than 11:00 am). It's not cheap, but we had a fantastic time and are certain we'll stay here again.

2  Thank Lemiracle