We simply loved it. My wife and I and our 2.5 year-old spent 24 hours here last weekend and really wish it could have been longer.
First off: they set us up with a "suite" since we wanted our son to have his own room so everyone could sleep in peace. Now, it was more of two adjoining rooms connected by a door, but it completely worked out. The rooms themselves were big, clean and very nice. Other real strengths:
1) A few days before we checked in, the staff helped me book a spa appointment for my wife at the nearby Hotel Hershey. She loved it.
2) There is available babysitting. This, of course, is great news for parents of young kids. The staff arranged a sitter with 20 years of experience (who had been thoroughly background-checked). She came up to our room after our kid went to bed and stayed there for three hours while my wife and I had dinner and drinks. $15 an hour. She was very sweet.
3) There are scores of activities. We made two trips to the big, heated indoor pool and the arcades (which included not just video games but air hockey and ping pong). In warmer months, there would also be fun to be had at the basketball courts and mini-golf course.
4) The rustic lobby, complete with a huge fireplace, is cozy and beautiful. The whole lodge (which really is gigantic) is really well-maintained.
5) I think we sampled four of the lodge's restaurants. The coffee shop was only ok and somewhat pricey, but we liked the breakfast spot. The other two were great: the Bear's Den is a legit, fun sports bar while The Forebay was perfect for our dinner for two. Delicious with a very attentive staff.
6) You get free tickets to the Hershey museum as part of your stay and it was a fine place to spend an hour. The town itself is nice too and we spent some time at the nearby outlet malls.
The only two negatives:
1) As others have mentioned, their online reservation system is very slow/clunky.
2) I had requested an early check-in, ideally around 1pm, instead of their normal 4pm time. I was told they couldn't guarantee it, of course, but they were hopeful it could happen. Alas, it did not and we couldn't get into our room until 3pm. My toddler son at that point was two hours late for his nap and VERY tired but thankfully the lodge is so big that we were able to kill most of that time just exploring. And while I felt that the front desk staff could have been a little more aggressive early to see if our room had freed up, they eventually did call housekeeping on my behalf and got us in.
But that is a relatively minor thing and otherwise the service throughout our stay was REALLY good (and they allowed us a late check-out of noon, rather than 11:00 am). It's not cheap, but we had a fantastic time and are certain we'll stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Offering 665 guest rooms and 100,000 square feet of function space, Hershey Lodge provides convenience and comfort for families and guests of all ages. We hope you'll enjoy the sweet hospitality and iconic chocolate details around every corner. Hershey Lodge is also one of The Official Resorts of Hersheypark, alongside The Hotel Hershey and Hersheypark Camping Resort. Guests to each of our resorts enjoy the value, convenience, and special access of our FREE resort benefits. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Hershey Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hershey Hotel Hershey
- Hershey Lodge Pennsylvania
- Convention Center Hershey Lodge