“Prefer Lodge w/ cozy, fun atmosphere and lobby bar”
Review of Hershey Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hershey
Hershey Lodge
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Hershey
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Traveled w 3 kids under age 12: indoor pool a favorite! Off season for park but plenty of things to do . I believe the layout of the Lodge is easier with kids than the Hotel. Lobby has cafe and bar, feels festive!

• Stayed: November 2013
There are newer reviews for Hershey Lodge

Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stayed here for a leaf peeping weekend. It was nice having so many places in the hotel to eat, shop, sit and read and just hang out. There were a lot of conferences going on but nothing was too crowded during meal times and even later for hot cocoa in the beanery. Sitting by the huge fireplace was nice since the weather had been windy all day. I think the room was a bit expensive but it was a very nice handicap room. There was plenty of room for a large wheelchair to get around and the bathroom was very large. There wasn't a roll-in shower but for one night it was ok. There was a built in bench connected to the tub which was nice and unusual but made it kind of far to reach the knobs and shower head without a grabber or assistance. The location of the room in relation to check in is a bit far for a manual wheelchair user and a challenged walker. We parked in handicap in-front of the hotel but none of those rooms are handicap. There is valet parking and I can see that being a necessity in season since they are such a busy hotel. We got lucky and someone pulled out when we arrived. I would definitely stay here again but only in the off season.

Room Tip: The rooms are off the busy areas of the hotel so they are all quiet. The rooms are a long walk from...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is again a positive review of The Hershey Lodge. Our company has it's conference here every year since I've been with the company. Each time I have never been dissappointed. Whether it's the rooms, the food or the staff, I've always been treated very well. Now knowing what to do, I asked to be lodged in a certain area. The phone staff was certainly accomodating. The whole hotel was very clean, the rooms, beds and bathrooms were very comfortable, as a good night's sleep was important.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The Lodge is nice. There is a decent pool and mini golf. They have some activities for the kids and a cute sports bar. BUT... The room is NOTHING special, food is ok, but it is simply an over priced motel. Way too expensive for what the place is. Not sure I will stay again, unless they have some better package deals.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

The Hershey Lodge is clearly a popular place by virtue of the fact that most rooms were taken in the parking lot was filled. However, I believe that most of the guests were families visiting Hershey on vacation or to go to the Hershey Park. I was there on business. I found the desk small and not usable. The beds were marginally comfortable and not what I would expect for $200 a night. The workout facility was very cramped especially if one does a weight workout. They have a sufficient number of aerobic machines but I was unimpressed by the workout facility. Although it does have a great reputation, I think there are places to stay that are as close to Hershey, don't cost as much, and provide more comfortable rooms. I did like the chocolate scented soaps and shampoos. If I visited Hershey with my family, I would probably stay at this facility. However, it is not for the business traveler

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I arrived Sunday morning for a two day conference. I have attended several conferences here over the years and am always disappointed. The hotel is a maze and the staff act as if they are trying to make the best of it. From not being greeted by bell staff to having to ask for a map to find my way around, it all seem tedious. Then, after waiting for our room to be cleaned, we were finally able to check in. Our room was near an exit, where people smoked right outside the door, and our room had a smokey smell all day and night. Then, we had to find the hidden toilet. The bathroom door does not open all the way and you actually have to step in the bathroom, close the door, then find the toilet around the corner. To top it all off, I was charged for room service which I never asked for or received and had to stand in line and take time out of my day to get it reconciled.

Room Tip: I am not sure where to find a good room in this place. It is confusing to navigate and when you ar...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Our family stayed overnight at the Hershey Lodge and had a pleasant experience. The Lodge didn't seem to be very busy so we must've caught it at a good time. The place is huge and accomodates conventions so the layout of the hotel and the many restaurant choices is a good thing. As always, the staff were pleasant and accomodating. We used the shuttle to Hershey Park and had a great time overall. We normally stay at the Hotel Hershey but decided to change it up a bit this time. I would definitely stay here again. Had a nice dinner at the Forbay restaurant too (and we didn't need a suit and tie to dine as is required in the Circular Dining Room at Hotel Hershey).

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family